Options

Kits chance to break(75%?)

124»

Comments

• Options
    daghenedaghene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I know that this may seem to be a bit off topic and I have no meaningful programming experience. But what I DO have is about four or so years of Cryptic GAMING experience. It just is not unheard of for one character to, for some reason or another, not be able to function in some part of the game. I have probably nearly 60 toons altogether in the Cryptic Family and have seen some screwy things. I've even had to erase a few on Champs because of strange bugs that existed only on the one character and made the game unplayable. So my advice? Try a new toon. If you get more normal results on that one then shelve the malfunctioning toon until after a patch. See if that changes anything (even if it isn't in the notes, well, things happen). You can try erasing your local content and downloading the game again. Or just use the toon as a mule and Crafting Farmer. You could try looking up the phrase "Cryptic Math" in one of the other forums to get some insight into how they actually calculate things in their games. Often it bears no resemblance to what one would think would be the right way to do it.

Read THIS you smartas*es, that's what i was talking about as i even said this happens ON THIS CHARACTER ONLY
    Bye bye.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    Read THIS you smartas*es, that's what i was talking about as i even said this happens ON THIS CHARACTER ONLY
    Bye bye.

My personal favourite:
    I had logged into an old toon to finish levelling it up to the Max. Level. I was in the area of the game with the highest level Mobs. And I was getting No Loot aside from Mods (the equivalent of Runes and Enchantments and, at the time, were treated as a second drop from the same character) and Purples( which were added automatically to my Inventory). Could not figure out why. I went 3 full levels like this, finishing out several story arcs. Posted on the Forums asking about it. A VERY FEW people were having the same trouble. Then I ran into another, more common, bug. I dropped through the ground. I looked up and, just under the surface, were dozens of drop icons, all the Gear and Items that I was supposed to be getting were actually dropping UNDER the terrain where I could not see or access them. As near as I can tell this was the only case anyone in game had ever seen of this happening and a full wipe and reinstall fixed it right up. So, s#&*t happens in game.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There are skill check on dungeons which have a lower % success chance. Node checks are always 75%
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    I didn't say it was impossible, you can't even read and you pretend to explain me how much i know about programming.

I didn't "pretend to explain" that you don't know anything, I proved it by showing a trivial bit of pseudo-code that you were unable to produce.
    Geez, calm the fu*k down, breathe and THEN post.

Since you're the only one swearing here, I think that you're 180 degrees off in who needs to calm down.
    I'm seriously done with people like you, will ignore the thread from now one.

Promises, promises. You've said that before, let's see if you mean it this time.
    Thanks for ruining the whole thing instead to try to argue like civilizated people, hope you're proud you ruined my mood.

Civil people don't try to invent competencies for themselves. If you stop pretending to know things you clearly don't, I'm guessing your mood might improve.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    themoviesthemovies Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I didn't "pretend to explain" that you don't know anything, I proved it by showing a trivial bit of pseudo-code that you were unable to produce.

Since you're the only one swearing here, I think that you're 180 degrees off in who needs to calm down.

Promises, promises. You've said that before, let's see if you mean it this time.

Civil people don't try to invent competencies for themselves. If you stop pretending to know things you clearly don't, I'm guessing your mood might improve.

What a condescending *** you are, if you cant be helpful why dont you just STFU.. you are no special snowflake.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    themovies wrote: »
    What a condescending *** you are, if you cant be helpful why dont you just STFU.. you are no special snowflake.

Go back to your main account.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    bellringer01bellringer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When a skill kit breaks, dont just click again and again or you'll end up with the 5 or 6 kits in a row failure thing. Engine seems to get 'stuck' on one roll result for a few seconds after a fail. Wait a couple seconds, move position, before trying again. I rarely if ever get the 5 failure thing in a row once started doing that.

Cheers