test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mimic Shard - Wizard Feedback/Suggestions

soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hi guys and gals,

Lets try to keep all wizard feedback to one thread instead of having multiple feedback threads. I'll be posting some feedback on this tomorrow after testing a couple of dungeons with my guild mates. If this thread gets enough traction, I'll try to make a list of the major issues that we have found.
Post edited by soanvalcke on

Comments

• soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess I'll start. Right now I'm specced into the Thaumaturge tree (middle tree), picking up Tempest Magic, Malevolent Surge, Snap Freeze, Elemental Empowerment, and Assailing Force, with my remaining points into Critical Power and Nightmare Wizardry.

1) Elemental Empowerment is currently bugged for the cold encounter part, at least on the dummies. It also does not work on Icy Terrain or Ice Rays in either the Tab or normal slot. It does work on Conduit of Ice and Chill Strike, but the DOT damage is much less than advertised. On a normal hit, CoI does about 550 damage on average, which if the tooltip is correct, the DOT would be 30% of my weapon damage which is 192.3 damage at the lowest. However, my Elemental Empowerment is only doing 35-38 damage a tick, no matter what. It might be 30% of your weapon damage over the length of the DOT, which would be 35*6= 210 damage.

2) Chilling Cloud is still way too slow of an animation to be used effectively. It would be nice if, when talented, it increased the casting speed. MM is far superior in terms of overall damage (casts faster and does more damage) and should never leave your bar. On top of that, the AOE portion of Chilling Cloud is way too small. It makes it difficult to justify wasting points in just to never use the skill.

3) The Frozen Power Transfer feat needs to be reworked or rephrased. Does it only apply to Chilling Cloud, or is it all damage?

4) Arcane Presence (class feature) doesn't meaningfully increase the base damage of our spells from what I could tell. The way that it reads, if you have one stack of Arcane Mastery, then fully talented, your cold attacks (all attacks? or only encounter powers? does that include At-Wills?) should have a 100% increase in their base damage. If it is supposed to be correlated to the number of stacks, then that should be reflected in the tooltip.
  • derangedfetishderangedfetish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soanvalcke wrote: »
    I guess I'll start. Right now I'm specced into the Thaumaturge tree (middle tree), picking up Tempest Magic, Malevolent Surge, Snap Freeze, Elemental Empowerment, and Assailing Force, with my remaining points into Critical Power and Nightmare Wizardry.

1) Elemental Empowerment is currently bugged for the cold encounter part, at least on the dummies. It also does not work on Icy Terrain or Ice Rays in either the Tab or normal slot. It does work on Conduit of Ice and Chill Strike, but the DOT damage is much less than advertised. On a normal hit, CoI does about 550 damage on average, which if the tooltip is correct, the DOT would be 30% of my weapon damage which is 192.3 damage at the lowest. However, my Elemental Empowerment is only doing 35-38 damage a tick, no matter what. It might be 30% of your weapon damage over the length of the DOT, which would be 35*6= 210 damage.

2) Chilling Cloud is still way too slow of an animation to be used effectively. It would be nice if, when talented, it increased the casting speed. MM is far superior in terms of overall damage (casts faster and does more damage) and should never leave your bar. On top of that, the AOE portion of Chilling Cloud is way too small. It makes it difficult to justify wasting points in just to never use the skill.

3) The Frozen Power Transfer feat needs to be reworked or rephrased. Does it only apply to Chilling Cloud, or is it all damage?

4) Arcane Presence (class feature) doesn't meaningfully increase the base damage of our spells from what I could tell. The way that it reads, if you have one stack of Arcane Mastery, then fully talented, your cold attacks (all attacks? or only encounter powers? does that include At-Wills?) should have a 100% increase in their base damage. If it is supposed to be correlated to the number of stacks, then that should be reflected in the tooltip.

1- The procs on CoI should be working as intended, they changed it so it's now a dot and it only procs proccable effects once. This would be more clear if they changed the tooltip to list 6x the damage it does now (Or 7 if tabbed, wonder if that bug/feature without tooltip is still around?)

4- 5 stacks of arcane mastery equals 15% damage increase, with arcane pressence this should go up to 30% for cold attacks and 15% for others. To what extent this is bugged I do not know, as I've yet to enter the test server.