test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea for reworking feat trees

marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Wilds
Hi, I had some ideas about feats that could work better since our old feat tree nature was taken out and replaced with one nobody uses, trapper.

I think that HR should be equally good at archery and melee and shouldn't have to spec for one and gimp the other or be forced into switching stances every few seconds to be good at both. Ideally you should be able to use blade or bow as the situation demands, not having to switch every few seconds or only using one or the other effectively.

Archer tree should be redone as a DPS tree, rework some of the archer feats so they also buff melee attacks or have a function when switching to melee that improves melee attacks. example would be archer the archer feat that increases damage based on range, it wouldn't work in melee so it would have to have a slightly different function in melee.

Combat feats should be defensive tree. It would be nice to be less squishy when using archery if we spec for it.

Trapper should be replaced with a buff/debuff and cc tree.

Would this be a good idea, bad, or overpowered?
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Post edited by marc8219 on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Combat can make use of ranged attacks, but archery is completely gimped into depending solely on the ranged arsenal.

Course no one uses trapper right now, you want control, you lose DPS with it using a particular feat.
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm considering switching from archery to trapper, actually. Archery's getting pretty dull. The key to DPS as trapper is choosing not to go CC. I'm not planning on getting ancient roots. Frankly, none of the CC is great, but between thorned roots, rain of swords, and aimed strike (with PF/flame/bile), we can rack up some massive DoT. Add to that the damage buffs gained from the act of switching itself, well, if you keep an eye on your timers (~10 sec for master trapper), then you can keep up good damage with a full complement of 6 powers.

Oh, and as for reworking the archery and combat trees, archery is basically the same as it was before, just slightly more specialized, whereas combat was a complete overhaul - enhancing survivability and giving a damage boost that melee didn't have.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF