test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF: Balance and Gameplay Update

2»

Comments

• cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you pull more than 5 you'll probably die.

A Conqueror Guardian might not survive. However a full defense Protection Guardian might be able to handle it. This is something that should and needs to be tested.

Perhaps there is a value in the other trees.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just tested block on the test shard.
    IT IS NOT FIXED!!!

= ANGRY!!!

BLOCK IS NOT FIXED!!!
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Just tested block on the test shard.
    IT IS NOT FIXED!!!

= ANGRY!!!

BLOCK IS NOT FIXED!!!

Well it is mostly fixed at least.

Block/release/block always works properly now - of course there is a 1 second cooldown on it though.

encounter - early block before encounter animation finishes can still cause the bug, but not as easily as before.

All in all it is tons better and I can get used to not bugging myself out with the encounters easily enough.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Well it is mostly fixed at least.

Block/release/block always works properly now - of course there is a 1 second cooldown on it though.

encounter - early block before encounter animation finishes can still cause the bug, but not as easily as before.

All in all it is tons better and I can get used to not bugging myself out with the encounters easily enough.

I ll agree on that.
    It's back to workable degree where it can be used relatively reliable when you know which things bug it out.

I haven't got the chance to see how it responds to being CCed 1st then blocking during CC.

But it is absolutely not completely fixed.
    Just improved from a state where it shouldn't have been to begin with.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    A Conqueror Guardian might not survive. However a full defense Protection Guardian might be able to handle it. This is something that should and needs to be tested.

Perhaps there is a value in the other trees.

nah we survive just fine, envy knows that, we can tank more than 5 without dropping much hp in an astral shield, u can even add the boss with them.
  • momobimomobi Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    when did they fix it? I play everyday and it still don't work... I still have time that it shows I am guarding but I am actually not and sometimes it twitches then stood still and do nothing when I press shift and attack quickly or visa versa... not sure what they done to it but to me it still not working properly. Do do we need to click everything slowly now to accommodate the server??? I am losing pvp a lot due to this when I can't block as intended.
  • mercenaryiiimercenaryiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    momobi wrote: »
    when did they fix it? I play everyday and it still don't work... I still have time that it shows I am guarding but I am actually not and sometimes it twitches then stood still and do nothing when I press shift and attack quickly or visa versa... not sure what they done to it but to me it still not working properly. Do do we need to click everything slowly now to accommodate the server??? I am losing pvp a lot due to this when I can't block as intended.

It's purported to be fixed in the upcoming major balance/bug patch, which people can preview on a test server with copied characters. I tried it myself and it is definitely not fixed for my purposes (using Guard immediately after activating an Encounter Power).
    edited June 2013
    Using Guard right after/during any encounter power or after/during being hard CCed leaves us with a bugged block which we can not correct in time as it looks the same as a proper block until it's too late.

It is NOT fixed on the test server!!!
    Get this out there, and to those devs that seem not to get what the issue is or unwilling to fix it, or whatever.

If you can not fix it, then look for a way to rework it to do something else, because we can't have a broken Shift on top of our already useless Tab.