test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming changes to threat. Thoughts on how it well pan out.

2»

Comments

• frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edit: oops, mispost
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    distaste wrote: »
    AS's healing is now considered a HoT and HoT's are subject to righteousness.

The aggro change is per fight(basically any mobs that are aggroed). I'm pretty sure they way it will work is like this:
    Say there are 10 mobs. Currently when you heal all 10 mobs get 100%(10x100%=1000%) aggro. After this change that same heal will only generate 10% aggro on each mob(10x10%=100%). Obviously as there are more adds it gets spread even more, 20 adds would be 5% each, 100 would be 1%. I don't think this will solve the problem though because heals are the only global aggro. In order for anyone else to gain aggro they need to hit/taunt the mobs, but all a DC needs to do is heal and they come swarming. Basically mobs upon spawning will head right for the DC and we will still have to kite until dps kill it.

This is why passive healing needs to cause NO threat.

Astral Seal, Astral Shield, Repurpose Soul etc.

Well maybe Astral Shield, but give it a delay on threat or something..
  • maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    I must have missed the part where clerics dominated PvP...all those TRs and CWs I see must actually just be different versions of a cleric.

Astral Shield nerfs...

1. AS will last only 10 seconds instead of 15. Awesome. Cleric has shield up? np. it'll go down in a few, and he's toast. Oh wait nvm, I forgot about #2...

2. Divine AS now a heal over time and Righteousness still at 40%. No need for anyone to wait for the AS to go down, just kill the cleric in the shield or knock him out of it...oh wait, that can be done already...shocking...so what was the point of the nerf again?

Cleanse cooldown? Really? A feat that had questionable value in the first place despite some folks calling it OP gets a 20 second cooldown?! What's the point of the feat again? Oh yeah, to get rid of debuffs...ffs let it do it's job.

If you want to know what PvP will be like for a lvl 60 cleric after these "balance" changes, play pvp now without astral shield and that's about how useful you will be.

So AS stacking is gone, but Tenebrous stacking ok? Awesome.

But I'd be remiss in being thankful for the unquantified buff to lance of faith. Yay!