test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eldritch runestone - bugged

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Has absolutely no effect.

Edit: its actually working, but doesn't reflect on total GS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exstremist1exstremist1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ++++++need fix
  • abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Technically speaking Eldritch Runestones are bugged. Eldritch runestones on active companions have NO EFFECT if the companion isn't summoned. If that's desired behavior, there should be two changes:

1. The hover-text for Eldritch runestones should make this clear. (I.e. "this bonus only applies when the companion is summoned").
    2. Companions with eldritch runestones in defensive slots should display stats in the "summoning bonus" section of their stats tab. A Galeb Duhr with Eldritch runestones currently has a summoning bonus and should have the bonus spelled out here.

Given that many people purchased these runestones in the hope of building up their stats by putting them on active companions, I think the appropriate course of action is to actually make the stones work the way the text currently says they do.

Please make all eldritch runestones in defense slots on active companions add to the owner's state regardless of whether or not the companion is currently summoned.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why the *bleep* would anyone think it would work that way? Why would any runestone work on a companion that isn't actually summoned, augment or otherwise?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because companions give you bonuses whether they are summoned or not, and when you move a companion to idle the equipment might fall off but the runestones go with it--they are essentially part of it.

So since you get bonuses from active companions whether or not they are summoned, I would expect runestones to apply whether or not they are summoned.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    abacquer wrote: »
    Because companions give you bonuses whether they are summoned or not, and when you move a companion to idle the equipment might fall off but the runestones go with it--they are essentially part of it.

So since you get bonuses from active companions whether or not they are summoned, I would expect runestones to apply whether or not they are summoned.

That would just be completely broken, I'm sorry. The runestones existed before companions even had active bonuses where the companions were only useful if they are summoned and was never intended (from what I can guess) to work any other way.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    abacquer wrote: »

Lol no.

You only get *active bonuses* from active companions. Everything else (runestones, equipment, base stats) is a companions own stats that only activates upon summoning.
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol no.

You only get *active bonuses* from active companions. Everything else (runestones, equipment, base stats) is a companions own stats that only activates upon summoning.

Thanks for clarifying this. It makes sense to me that only the *active bonus* applies to active, but not summoned, companions; and bonuses from runestones and gear apply to summoned companions. But it's by no means obvious. It took me weeks to find this thread and work that out. I agree with abacquer that it needs to be made clearer. Essentially, there's no point equipping companions with runestones, gear and enchantments if you're not planning to summon them. Right?
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    linaduin wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying this. It makes sense to me that only the *active bonus* applies to active, but not summoned, companions; and bonuses from runestones and gear apply to summoned companions. But it's by no means obvious. It took me weeks to find this thread and work that out. I agree with abacquer that it needs to be made clearer. Essentially, there's no point equipping companions with runestones, gear and enchantments if you're not planning to summon them. Right?

Right. You have 5 active companion slots from what I remember, and every companion has "active bonus" thing. Thats THE ONLY bonus each companion gives when being in active slots. Those bonuses ALWAYS work ,doesnt matter if comp. is summoned or not,it just has to be in that active slot,thats all.
    But theres no sense in putting any items/enchants/runes in companions if you wont be using them - those stats DO NOT matter,they are NOT counting in 'active bonus'.
    The only exception is ioun stone/cat,where ALL items/enchants/runes count into our stats + active bonus of it. Altho ioun/cat do NOT increase our GS.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think part of the problem is that the text that should indicate the summoned bonus stats does not display properly when you have the enchantment. I have slotted the enchantment, summoned the companion, but the Stats window does not show the bonus the companion is granting to me, which it should. It only appears to work for Ioun stone/cat.

I also agree that you should only get the bonus from the currently summoned companion.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree that we need a better way of knowing how much of a bonus a companion is granting us if it is, in any way, providing some or all of its stats to its owner...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums