test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It feels lke there's a lot riding on the next content patch

2»

Comments

• vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is already a mass exodus. The first players than reached 60 (such as myself) are leaving due to serious lack of content, class imbalance, dungeons that feel like pre-alpha releases and abysmal itemization (no bound items,Seriously now..). This next patch will be crucial indeed but I really doubt Cryptic has what it takes.The latest updates were only zen store related. Cryptic gives me this feeling that they are rushing for as much money as possible before the game dies.I still think this game has HUGE potential. It does many things right but also many crucial aspects are completely off.
    play foundry quests for more content
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree alot is riding on this next big patch. A few gameplay issues need to be resolved however with balance and having the ability to get rid of AFKers in PVP - only thing I can think of here is bind glory and bind glory gear (they are making PVP sets worthless)

This game is walking on ice currently but has TONS of potential. I hope they realize this and I wish they provided more clarity on whats going on right now with changes. Players stay tuned in and playing with prospects of things to come, so wet our whistles a little.

New specs would be great, new gear, new dungeons, new PVP arenas, class balance, rework the current dungeons. One thing that would have a HUGE improvement/impact on the economy is rollable values to stats. Give each stat a range it can roll upon drop, not just a set item. Rolls alone add HUGE variety to gear, just like you already add lesser-greater, add values to close the range of gaps, also add that with sets so you could get a weaker version of the same item or a "perfect" version. It creates more of that item hunt mentality that is the carrot on a stick.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    I actually like the idea of no bound items and hope that they continue to make items unbound. We didn't need bound items in EQ we don't need them here imo.

Agreed. Bound items aren't that much a requirement in my book unless there were some advantage (e.g., character/weapon/armor buff). ATM all they do is take inventory space....oh, wait, F2P model..maybe that's why? ;)
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »

Foundry scaling needs tweaking. Most quests are near impossible to solo at 60 even those designed for solo. Unfortunately, Foundry is not the solution at this time.

The solution is in Cryptic/PWEs hands and they need to implement some changes very soon.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Foundry scaling needs tweaking. Most quests are near impossible to solo at 60 even those designed for solo. Unfortunately, Foundry is not the solution at this time.

The solution is in Cryptic/PWEs hands and they need to implement some changes very soon.

It's only when authors stack encounters that foundry missions become unsoloable at 60. There's plenty of solo content out there. Try mine, it's solo friendly (I've run my 60 CW (quest geared) and 57 DC through it without problem). It now qualifies for the daily and depending on your choices can be done in 15 minutes or less.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    It feels lke there's a lot riding on the next content patch (by that I mean the promised update that is intended to address many of the gameplay issues and introduce new content, as opposed to all the hotfix patches). At the moment we haven't been given a timescale for this patch, but IMHO it really needs to be sometime this month.

Get it right and this could be a decent game, mess it up and I suspect there will be a mass exodus.

Gauntlegyrm patch will be a make or break patch for me. It will decide for me whether to continue supporting this game or go someplace else.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As I am GWF I must say that this statement is completely wrong. It is true that we GWF have a tougher time than other classes to find a group for T2 but we are not being cut out. The only dungeon that is out of limits for a GWF atm is Castle never because 1TR, 2DC,2CW is indeed the best comp for it. I managed to complete even CN though along with all the other T2s. There's no reaon whatsoever for you to say things that are not true.The game has huge problems and it needs heavy balancing though ,as I said on my previous posts.

ehhh.. true enough to say. I only look at results. If 4 out of every 5 melee units is having problems getting into T2s then that equates to the same thing as no access... to me anyway. I see no difference or at least the difference is negligible.
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I'm gonna take a break, any other solid game you would suggest guys while waiting for patch/new content? Is there any ETA on ESO beta? Thanks. :-)
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »

The foundry system has currently two big issues:

1) From a Reward point of view, they're worth doing only while leveling up, because they net you exp and green gear that is actually a good upgrade. At 60 exp stops and the gear obtained from them is trash. The 4k AD gotten from daily just doesn't cut it anymore. I know that rewards are "automated", but at least Cryptic could do some effort and improve the rewards in featured quests (I think they choose those manually, yes? I doubt we'll ever see a kill 50 ogres in the featured list) and those that have average complete time of more than 45 minutes.

2) The foundry tool itself is not -that- powerful and limits the creativity of authors a lot. In the end, all you can make is a combination of something (not everything) that already exists in game. You can't do proper boss fights, you can't make "unique" monsters with different stats and sets of abilities, you can't change the skin of weapons they use (for example, the basic guardian npc encounter only uses a one handed axe, and the Tana'ri Shocktrooper encounter type always has the same sword and shield), you can't do cut-scenes with dialogue, heck you can't even change the color of facial hair or properly adjust the hair/helms/heads of certain costumes!
    This causes all foundry quests to be a bit "more of the same" each time you do them. And while seeing Old Jerry die once may be fun, it gets .... old after a while.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They just need to gray out the greed option, if there is a player of the class that can use the item. If that person rolls greed or pass, greed opens up. Items that anyone can use, I'd bind those on pickup.

Also, dropping blues on bosses or from dd chests, in epic dungeons, should be fixed. That, and T1 gear from T@ dungeons. Maybe more loot dropping, or fix those. It sucks having to run the same dungeon (looking at you Cragmire), and dealing with the stupid stairs bug on the first boss, just to not see the item I've been farming for ages drop.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    The foundry system has currently two big issues:

1) From a Reward point of view, they're worth doing only while leveling up, because they net you exp and green gear that is actually a good upgrade. At 60 exp stops and the gear obtained from them is trash. The 4k AD gotten from daily just doesn't cut it anymore.

I agree with that. Even when I was getting double AD it was just barely making them a viable option at level 60. The level 60 Foundry dailies should really be 8k for the 4 rather than 4k. Maybe some classes can breeze right though them but I never seemed to complete them in the average stated time. Personally I stopped doing them but mostly that was due to a few frustrating quests because of the scaling at 60 aspect.
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly at this point I'd just settle for a time table of some sort for Module 1. Are we 2 weeks out? A month? 2 months? An actual response rather than "We'll share more details when we get closer to launch" would be really nice.

So CMs care to share with us anything except the regular vague "When we know more..." answer? I'll bet I'm not the only one that'd appreciate something.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No matter what they do it won't be good enough for the constant complainers, and they will scream mass exodus just like they have in a dozen other MMO's that it hasn't happened in.

There are some things I'm hoping for and some things I'm pretty sure we will get, I'm hanging around either way.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vuulz wrote: »
    Honestly at this point I'd just settle for a time table of some sort for Module 1. Are we 2 weeks out? A month? 2 months? An actual response rather than "We'll share more details when we get closer to launch" would be really nice.

So CMs care to share with us anything except the regular vague "When we know more..." answer? I'll bet I'm not the only one that'd appreciate something.

The problem with that is say they announce two weeks then all the sudden there's some crazy new exploit that sucks up most of the dev's time for a few days and it ends up being closer to 3 weeks. Then you have a bunch of people crying that the patch isn't released even though they said it would be and the game is dying and the worst MMO EVER whaa whaa whaa.
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    The problem with that is say they announce two weeks then all the sudden there's some crazy new exploit that sucks up most of the dev's time for a few days and it ends up being closer to 3 weeks. Then you have a bunch of people crying that the patch isn't released even though they said it would be and the game is dying and the worst MMO EVER whaa whaa whaa.

I agree with you but just hearing it from the horses mouth as it were would be nice. "Our current plan is to release Module 1 by x date". Like with all software dates are a moving target but we're in a holding pattern with some major fixes and quality of life improvements riding on Module 1 and each day that goes by without something said/done about game breaking bugs people will leave through attrition.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a content patch for a beta seems weird to me.

Maybe they'll drop the beta tag when the update happens. It would also be strange to have a PTS for a beta as well.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Yep. This game has huge potential through the foundry, even if it's a little limited thus far. Sadly no amount of wonderfully made player content will be fun to play when the fundamental class balance is atrocious. Let's see how they handle the classes, it's what will make or break this game.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I already stopped playing about a week ago. Can't see myself coming back unless some MAJOR changes happen with the next patch. If that flops, then I will never look back.
  • spritemysticspritemystic Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Youre looking for a date for a content patch and they cant even give a date on when the game will "officially" launch.

MMO players these days have zero patience for anything. When AoC's auction house broke for a month no one waited for it to be fixed everyone left. When players realized you had to exp grind afer 30 in Tera they quit. When certain classes were broken/PvP broken/flying was dumb in Aion people quit. When even Warhammer didnt fix their fortress raids quick enough they lost numbers.

Sure this game is in "beta" but how many people are actually going to come back after its all fixed. Not a lot, especially if another game is launched before hand or around the same time.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Having a content patch for a beta seems weird to me.

Maybe they'll drop the beta tag when the update happens. It would also be strange to have a PTS for a beta as well.

Maybe because this isn't a "beta"
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I would like in the next patch is for Cryptic to actually sit down and go through ALLLLL the bug and exploit reports from betas and maybe I dunno fix them.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Maybe because this isn't a "beta"

I agree.

With a cash shop that is fully functional and no wipes, that isn't a beta to me.

But if Cryptic insists on calling it a beta they can't have it both ways.
    pilf3r wrote: »
    What I would like in the next patch is for Cryptic to actually sit down and go through ALLLLL the bug and exploit reports from betas and maybe I dunno fix them.......

That would be what a beta is suppose to do, but I guess nowadays betas are no different from launches in all reality.

Investors want to get paid now, so games are released before they're ready. Then customers complain that bugs are still ongoing while developers hurry to add new content to retain players. Bugs are not fixed, new content is often short lived, and players leave anyway. Afterwards investors blame the developers and say this is why the mmo market is not worth funding.

I just shake my head at why they can't see this by now.