test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It feels lke there's a lot riding on the next content patch

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It feels lke there's a lot riding on the next content patch (by that I mean the promised update that is intended to address many of the gameplay issues and introduce new content, as opposed to all the hotfix patches). At the moment we haven't been given a timescale for this patch, but IMHO it really needs to be sometime this month.

Get it right and this could be a decent game, mess it up and I suspect there will be a mass exodus.
Post edited by nevfe on

Comments

• iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is already a mass exodus. The first players than reached 60 (such as myself) are leaving due to serious lack of content, class imbalance, dungeons that feel like pre-alpha releases and abysmal itemization (no bound items,Seriously now..). This next patch will be crucial indeed but I really doubt Cryptic has what it takes.The latest updates were only zen store related. Cryptic gives me this feeling that they are rushing for as much money as possible before the game dies.I still think this game has HUGE potential. It does many things right but also many crucial aspects are completely off.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a game of patience. It was opened to the public in Beta form for a reason. To be honest, I think we would have a lot more info on upcoming changes/content if players didn't abuse/exploit every chance they got(which is not to put all the blame on them, this upcoming Public Test Shard should have already been in place). I have no doubts in my mind that this game over a long period of time will add more classes, fashion items, dungeons, companions, mounts, ect.. But once again its a game of patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is already a mass exodus. The first players than reached 60 (such as myself) are leaving due to serious lack of content, class imbalance, dungeons that feel like pre-alpha releases and abysmal itemization (no bound items,Seriously now..). This next patch will be crucial indeed but I really doubt Cryptic has what it takes.The latest updates were only zen store related. Cryptic gives me this feeling that they are rushing for as much money as possible before the game dies.I still think this game has HUGE potential. It does many things right but also many crucial aspects are completely off.

I actually like the idea of no bound items and hope that they continue to make items unbound. We didn't need bound items in EQ we don't need them here imo.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    This is a game of patience. It was opened to the public in Beta form for a reason. To be honest, I think we would have a lot more info on upcoming changes/content if players didn't abuse/exploit every chance they got(which is not to put all the blame on them, this upcoming Public Test Shard should have already been in place). I have no doubts in my mind that this game over a long period of time will add more classes, fashion items, dungeons, companions, mounts, ect.. But once again its a game of patience.

Agreed, that all makes perfect sense. Regardless, many players are gonna decide on this patch.
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if there going to leave exploits in the game after a closed beta where people have shown them whats wrong and even had the same exploits in another game there asking for it in my opinion. guarantee a massive loss of players if this content patch isn't soon or at least solid evidence of what were getting, playing as a GF who was fully geared within a few days because my best set is tier 1 i have been pretty bored i would love to see at least a change on how the GF works or if the ranger/warlock are definitely released with this content patch, other then that i don't see the point in still playing.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    I actually like the idea of no bound items and hope that they continue to make items unbound. We didn't need bound items in EQ we don't need them here imo.

agreed /10char
  • vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, I think the damage has been done here. The game is partially broken, it has been bad-mouthed and trashed for 3 weeks straight, and people are leaving. Neverwinter was regularly getting 1000+ viewers on twitch, now it is down to 100. I really liked this game alot, especially playing it with my friends, but they have all moved on and I don't think they are coming back. sadpanda.jpg
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if there going to leave exploits in the game after a closed beta where people have shown them whats wrong and even had the same exploits in another game there asking for it in my opinion. guarantee a massive loss of players if this content patch isn't soon or at least solid evidence of what were getting, playing as a GF who was fully geared within a few days because my best set is tier 1 i have been pretty bored i would love to see at least a change on how the GF works or if the ranger/warlock are definitely released with this content patch, other then that i don't see the point in still playing.

Well that is the purpose of an open beta. To get things those in the closed beta didnt do. Exploits and bugs have a higher chance of being found in a more open audience. Hence open beta. Closed beta is to make sure most of the base parts of the game work, and smooth those out.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, at the moment I'm enjoying the foundry (although the more I use it, the more I get frustrated with its quirks and limitations). I have one more project in my head which will probably take me 2-3 weeks to build and test, so I'm here for that long at least.

The patch doesn't need to make things perfect, but it does need to show that Cryptic/PWE have learnt and listened and are heading in the right direction. Plus, they absolutely must avoid the stupid programming errors that have riddled the game so far.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We don't need them bound, we need a system where need can only be rolled if it is for your class.

We need queuing fixed. This includes a queue that fills any empty spots ASAP no matter where in the dungeon you are. If no one can be found by the system after 5 minutes it should allow players to invite someone.

If you get DC'd from a dungeon you should respawn at the closest campfire to where you DC'd, NOT at the fraking beginning.

Guilds should be able to queue with 5 people.

We need a vote to kick system.

We need more gear selections and choices in game, not just in the store (although the store choices are just silly, IMHO, who came up with those, wedding set in a supposed D&D game really?).

We need more classes.

We need more races.

We need GF block fixed.

We need ridiculous Cleric Aggro fixed.

We need GWF buffed.

We need AH search fixed.

We need professions improved.

We need so many things about the Foundry fixed:

Ability to put at least 1 chest and 1 profession node per certain area. What is the point of exploring if you know you won't find anything? This is killing the Foundry, IMHO.

More enemy & npc choices.

Better scaling. Some content is near impossible for my lvl 60 rogue. Level 60 playability for Foundry is crucial for the survivability of this game as there is little to do at 60.

There IS a mass exodus and has been since Caturday. If they want to be able to entice some of those players back, they need to do the majority of these things NOW.

IMHO it was a huge mistake to bring this game in this form to the market in an OB/Soft launch state. Especially since they do not seem to have the staff to deal with the exploits, broken game mechanics, and most important, the customer service issues.

If there was MUCH more communication and the customer service was stellar they could have bought some time and staunched the bleeding, IMHO. Instead people are just getting angry and leaving. A lot of people.

The frustration is the game has so much freaking potential. It COULD be the best thing out there. But not as it is.
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    We don't need them bound, we need a system where need can only be rolled if it is for your class.

We need queuing fixed. This includes a queue that fills any empty spots ASAP no matter where in the dungeon you are. If no one can be found by the system after 5 minutes it should allow players to invite someone.

If you get DC'd from a dungeon you should respawn at the closest campfire to where you DC'd, NOT at the fraking beginning.

Guilds should be able to queue with 5 people.

We need a vote to kick system.

We need more gear selections and choices in game, not just in the store (although the store choices are just silly, IMHO, who came up with those, wedding set in a supposed D&D game really?).

We need more classes.

We need more races.

We need GF block fixed.

We need ridiculous Cleric Aggro fixed.

We need GWF buffed.

We need AH search fixed.

We need professions improved.

We need so many things about the Foundry fixed:

Ability to put at least 1 chest and 1 profession node per certain area. What is the point of exploring if you know you won't find anything? This is killing the Foundry, IMHO.

More enemy & npc choices.

Better scaling. Some content is near impossible for my lvl 60 rogue. Level 60 playability for Foundry is crucial for the survivability of this game as there is little to do at 60.

There IS a mass exodus and has been since Caturday. If they want to be able to entice some of those players back, they need to do the majority of these things NOW.

IMHO it was a huge mistake to bring this game in this form to the market in an OB/Soft launch state. Especially since they do not seem to have the staff to deal with the exploits, broken game mechanics, and most important, the customer service issues.

If there was MUCH more communication and the customer service was stellar they could have bought some time and staunched the bleeding, IMHO. Instead people are just getting angry and leaving. A lot of people.

The frustration is the game has so much freaking potential. It COULD be the best thing out there. But not as it is.

I would like to point out that while fixing the block for a GF would be "nice" it wont secure there role in a high lvl group. Class balancing is by my estimation whats driving the player base away more then other things. Good list though. And YES sooooo much potential. I hope its realized sooner then later.
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well that is the purpose of an open beta. To get things those in the closed beta didnt do. Exploits and bugs have a higher chance of being found in a more open audience. Hence open beta. Closed beta is to make sure most of the base parts of the game work, and smooth those out.

the AH exploit happened in STO why does it take another games closed and open beta to address this issue ? surely from the get go they should have been "oh wait this happened before check if it can't happen again barry".

most of the updates seem to be zen store focused lately and one or 2 actual fixes, i can see them wanting to focus on getting revenue but it also helps if the game works. i'm still really enjoying the game but the negatives of the game are steadily rising and really putting me off staying and ever putting money into it.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    IF something is not bound but they implement class rolling, people will still use need, for items they are intending to sell.
    Simple logic flaw right there. Binding it when it's needed on (and preferably removing it's vendor sellback value) would at least mean when someone DOES need on an item to destroy it, there is NO doubt that it's pure griefing, and then that's a matter of the banhammer.

And yes, I've still not seen any apology for recreating a bug which they had in ANOTHER one of THEIR games. Nor any explanation as to how it was replicated and why no measures had been taken to prevent it.
    edited June 2013

You are right ofcourse. The only problem is that when a game opens as a beta ( and a very incomplete beta too) it shouldn't have real money involved in it.. Cryptic is focusing mostly on making money from the zen market than in fixing the game. I hope that this is obvious even to the biggest fun of this game. Many gameplay issues that have been reported since day 1 haven't been fixed. I'm not talking about difficult fixes like class balance etc. I'm talking about simple fixes like chat,queues, not been able to invite people after first boss if someone drops in dungeons etc. All these are VERY simple fixes. Cryptic is more than capable to patch these asap but still they don't care. They were very quick on fixing a much more complicated issue like the AH exploit though..That says a lot for me.More than a lot actually..
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As of now NW is the worst MMO 2013. It all rides on the next massive patch, whether game lives or dies.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I imagine Cryptic is using this open beta to aggregate data on what needs fixed, prioritize it, and hammer it out. Honestly, fixing all the broken mechanics, feats, powers, etc, I think needs to happen before any serious balance patch, because with half of the feats, powers, racials, and synergies not working, what is the base line for balance classes going to be? They will have to get the classes working right first before they can decide what needs balancing or not.

I also think fixing the fighter classes will have to be a big priority given the issues they have been experiencing, but it might take a minute since honestly they need total overhauls. So we will see, but I agree, what Cryptic is able to fix or not, will be game breaking.
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    IF something is not bound but they implement class rolling, people will still use need, for items they are intending to sell.

So what really? It limits the amount of ninja looting to a fraction of what it is now and is easy code to implement. Making something gray out if it is not usable by your class is a simple piece of code that could happen quickly as they already have the mechanics in the game already. Making something BOE if need is rolled is more work for them and would take longer to implement.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    there's a lot riding on the next content patch

Where can you see that? I just browsed the News and Announcements section and it was all about new things being sold in the cash shop.
    English is not my first language.
    edited June 2013
    Andy "the Squez" made a statement talking about a new "ranged" class and a bunch of other things.

Ah, found it. Here is is: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?286391-State-of-the-Game-by-Andy-Velasquez
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    As of now NW is the worst MMO 2013. It all rides on the next massive patch, whether game lives or dies.

and you pulled this little "fact" from where your own personal opinion. in my opinion after playing CB of dragon's Prophet I preferred NW over it so I could turn around and say DP is the worst MMO of 2013 but I won't because I don't believe it, it just wasn't my style.

is there a lot riding on this content patch sure I am not blind. I would like to see some changes to my GWF but I don't believe the class is completely broken either. I would like the "ranged" class they hinted at to be and archer type class because when I do DPS in games instead of healing/support I prefer archer or mages (the CW just didn't appeal to me) however this is the most fun I have with a melee DPS class in a while.

I think the state of game address was promising and I am looking forward to see the changes to gf and gwf and to see the new class and new content even though I am not 60 yet (and don't care but I am enjoying the journey)

I like PVP which is rare for me and on this current gwf I am lvling I have skipped all dungeons but the first two, why because I would much rather just wait till 60 help my guildies level so we can get guild groups going on the epics (I have done all dungeons up to the final boss in gray wolf den) before deciding I want to redo my gwf and change its race and I have loved the lvling process even more this time around. I did recently respect her to change feat tree and some power points

I say patience is key the game isn't very old, oh I also like the foundry stuff but I haven't been in there lately as I am trying to lvl and help build my guild but I have a project I am working on and can't wait to get back into it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    So what really? It limits the amount of ninja looting to a fraction of what it is now and is easy code to implement. Making something gray out if it is not usable by your class is a simple piece of code that could happen quickly as they already have the mechanics in the game already. Making something BOE if need is rolled is more work for them and would take longer to implement.

Because class stacking happens. And someone with a superior item who is needing to sell the item is in the wrong as far as I'm concerned, thus not causing the items to bind on need acquisition is ignoring half of the problem.

No reason why greed shouldn't dictate AD earnings, and need remains for gearing up. Makes more sense.
  • raztaxxraztaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »

bahahahaha kids these days. I see these same posts for almost every new game out there. This game is still in beta, any of you who did not expect issues when you signed up should go look up the definition of Beta.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    raztaxx wrote: »
    bahahahaha kids these days. I see these same posts for almost every new game out there. This game is still in beta, any of you who did not expect issues when you signed up should go look up the definition of Beta.

cool story bro
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • tanglethorntanglethorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally feel like Ive been had. I was under the impression that NWN was running pretty well. After leveling to 20 on a few alts I started buying stuff in the Zen shop using real money (IOun stones, bank slots, character slots, etc...). Then i started to use my GF as my main and hit level 42. At this point i started noticing people rolling Need on everything, PvP leaders kicking me within 2 minutes of the match, not porting into PvP matches or Dungeons, AH search not working, etc... and I realized I wasted my money on a game that has some pretty game breaking bugs and exploits. I've put the game down for now because I want experience the game as its meant. I might come back if they fix thier game because it has so much potential, but as of right now I'm beyond frustrated, especially when I am trying to do my dailies (its almost impossible to queue for anything and when I do I either get kicked, we don't have a healer or the GF loot gets needed so they can sell it on the AH). I'm just not having any fun and the game does feel like it was released early so they could start getting money from the Zen shop. Gamer's are not dumb. We are starting to see Open Beta for what it really is and I've been hearing a lot of people have stopped playing. 2 of my buddies quit 2 weeks ago. I really hope they fix this stuff soon.
  • vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    I kind of have a problem with people saying this game is in beta. It's no different than any other game that comes out before it is thoroughly tested, but it is released to public with lots of issues. Yet, the game's cash collection portion of the game is working better than any other part of the game. You can buy mounts, companions, bags etc very easily with little to no problems.

I think it is just easier for a game to get close to the finish line, release it to the public as a cash grab, then work on issues that weren't fixed during the closed beta. To me, it seems like closed beta is the old beta and beta is the new game release date.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game. I want it to succeed. I will be really surprised if the masses come back to it though. I hope they do, I just don't think they will.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The reason is because their stock tanked and investors needed to see revenue. Most likely against the devs wishes the game was release in a release/open beta format to generate much needed revenue. This is a huge gamble on the part of PWE...

Early runners always leave early (always). The casual community is going to be the heart of this game. However I do agree if PWE doesn't 'fix' endgame before these players reach 60 and get burned out (will not take them much longer... 1 to 2 weeks more). Yea I will agree this game will have some very serious issues.
  • dasaint66dasaint66 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, haven't logged in NW in a while, waiting for the new content patch. Got to level 60 and there is nothing to do zzzZzz. Most the people I play with are taking a break until the new content arrives. There's not many classes to start with and the few that are here are really unbalanced and quirky or totally broken lol.
    edited June 2013
    Just got off the phone with my cuzin. He asked me if the new patch with class balancing has been released yet. He loves his GWF but stopped playing when he couldn't access T2 content. I do not think its a stretch that 1/5 of the player base can either be brought back with wallets open or be alienated for good with this single patch.
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with my cuzin. He asked me if the new patch with class balancing has been released yet. He loves his GWF but stopped playing when he couldn't access T2 content. I do not think its a stretch that 1/5 of the player base can either be brought back with wallets open or be alienated for good with this single patch.

As I am GWF I must say that this statement is completely wrong. It is true that we GWF have a tougher time than other classes to find a group for T2 but we are not being cut out. The only dungeon that is out of limits for a GWF atm is Castle never because 1TR, 2DC,2CW is indeed the best comp for it. I managed to complete even CN though along with all the other T2s. There's no reaon whatsoever for you to say things that are not true.The game has huge problems and it needs heavy balancing though ,as I said on my previous posts.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Why do you think they did that buy zen get some extra sale thing. And why do you think the most they have done for the game was add extra <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to the zen store. They want the cash ASAP, its either they know this is starting to fail and are doing cash grab. Or they ran out of funds for development and really need the cash to finish or try to. I think its the later reason. My reasoning is the issues and exploits ALL of them from Closed beta got into the open beta. That proves to me they didnt have the cash flow to finish the job.