test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Market prices confirm everyone's suspicions....

silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
... that GWF are this game's whipping boy. If you look at market prices, you'll see exactly how unbalanced this game is. DC, CW, and even TR loot is all starting to bottom out, while GWF gear is still crazy expensive. This is because all the other classes don't have any issues finding groups and finishing dungeons. In fact when most runs bring 2 DC and a TR and CW and 1 other DPS for sure, some bring 2 cw, it's hard enough to get a spot as a GWF these days. But play as a GWF, and all the cards are stacked against you, even the market. Heck, even if you do clear CN, someone is just gonna ninja the Great sword at the end and put it on the market for an easy 3mil to 5mil. Finish a T2 delve and avatar of war set drops off of boss, ninja'd because it's still 1.5mil. Can we get confirmation on when GWF class balances are coming because the game is entirely ridiculous and unfair for those who choose to play GWF.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or: most GWFs are pretty bad players. When i see one i estimate the chances of having a good player behind the keyboard to ~20%. Don't get me wrong, it's like CWs, but failed CWs forgetting the C part will tend to get a high dps score, so it's easier to accept them.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That makes no sense. If GWF are so gimped and are not allowed in groups, I'd expect their loot to be the cheapest, because it's getting picked up by other classes and has to be sold on the AH. High supply = lower prices.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    That makes no sense. If GWF are so gimped and are not allowed in groups, I'd expect their loot to be the cheapest, because it's getting picked up by other classes and has to be sold on the AH. High supply = lower prices.

Except 90% of GWFs don't get into any parties during DD, so higher demand = higher prices
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, demand is everything. The other classes are getting their loot in the DD runs. They don't need to buy it so demand is way low. Bleh.. math.. I feel dirty now.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's the most expensive because the only way to acquire it is via drops from the final bosses of the T2 dungeons.

Because of this (and because of the extremely low drop rate of actual T2 pieces) the gear sells and has historically sold for the highest prices. DC/CW/TR have their chance to get it from the boss and the chest, which in the case of all of those classes usually equates to 2 chests a run for 2 of the classes.

On another note, the weapons from Castle Never are cheapest for GWF because they are the class least likely to be there needing on it to use. As the weapons actually drop every time, it's more likely for GWF weapons to get sold/undercut than be needed like the 2xDC or 2xCW will do. GF weapons are even cheaper but I might attribute this to the ease of farming CN by a GF at one point as well as the shield not really being that great.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except 90% of GWFs don't get into any parties during DD, so higher demand = higher prices

Except that means there'd be more to sell, because they can't get into groups - so when it drops, it goes on the AH.

Or rather, demand is static whether or not GWFs are getting groups. There's still the same number wanting gear and the same amount of gear dropping.
  • Options
    s1erra117xs1erra117x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Or: most GWFs are pretty bad players. When i see one i estimate the chances of having a good player behind the keyboard to ~20%. Don't get me wrong, it's like CWs, but failed CWs forgetting the C part will tend to get a high dps score, so it's easier to accept them.

Not at all. My Keyboard skills and gaming skills in general are top notch. In WoW and especially Rift My tank skills were paralleled only by a select few. Not to mention I'm a good enough gamer to win local CoD tourneys so my hands and twitch reflexes aren't the issues. It's the class in general.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not really, like I said, drop rate from bosses on actual T2 is terrible. Chest drop rate is higher and more specific=greater chances for DC/CW/TR, less chances for GWF (not invited, not invited x2)
  • Options
    suishokotakasuishokotaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hence why I only go need whenever it is an item my character can use, or greed if there is more than one player who plays the same character as I. I pass on items that my character is not able to use, even if I create a new character in the future who MAY be able to use it.