What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen, is not going down. Why???

2»

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Uh. No. That's not how it works. With more astral diamonds in the market and in circulation it would drive the price UP not down.

More astral diamonds in the market. But the things we buy in game cost more astral diamonds as well. For example its an insane 3 million AD to upgrade a mount from rank 1 to 3. The AH taking a posting fee *and* a % cut from every sale as drains considerable AD from the economy as well. Players may be able to get more AD overall compared to STO, but its more integrated into the game. Just because they have more doesn't mean they are able to spend it on buying Zen. Its needed for regular game functions.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well im on Dragon and Im watching it on the market, don't know about other servers and I see that stopper at the bottom each day at the same time (nighttime EU), the exact same number of ZENs until a bit gets buyed off. Ofc the prices may drop during their trade times, but never at the times that stop thing is in.

No clue what you're talking about. Dragon right now is at 345 astral diamonds. Which is what it was before Caturday. During Caturday it went up to 500+ astral diamonds. I have not ever seen Astral Diamonds go up past 370 on Dragon for a long long time.

To Runebane. Epic armor/weapons only cost a few thousand astral diamonds. "Luxury" items will always be things that cost the most. Also buying mount training books is very inefficient. It might cost 3,000,000 to upgrade a mount to rank 3 but you can also buy a twilight nightmare/nightmare for 980,000-1,400,000 respectively. Point is the economy is doing fine. You can't compare the prices here with the prices in STO. While both have Zen both games are different. The base things for astral diamonds in the actual merchant shops cost more than in STO which drives the prices up.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    More astral diamonds in the market. But the things we buy in game cost more astral diamonds as well. For example its an insane 3 million AD to upgrade a mount from rank 1 to 3. The AH taking a posting fee *and* a % cut from every sale as drains considerable AD from the economy as well. Players may be able to get more AD overall compared to STO, but its more integrated into the game. Just because they have more doesn't mean they are able to spend it on buying Zen. Its needed for regular game functions.

thats true, but it also because the exchange rate of AD-Zen is quite high too, things will be different if the rate is lower or the item price is lower, some people will start exchanging to zen so they get cash item for "free".
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    No clue what you're talking about. Dragon right now is at 345 astral diamonds. Which is what it was before Caturday. During Caturday it went up to 500+ astral diamonds. I have not ever seen Astral Diamonds go up past 370 on Dragon for a long long time.

To Runebane. Epic armor/weapons only cost a few thousand astral diamonds. "Luxury" items will always be things that cost the most. Also buying mount training books is very inefficient. It might cost 3,000,000 to upgrade a mount to rank 3 but you can also buy a twilight nightmare/nightmare for 980,000-1,400,000 respectively. Point is the economy is doing fine. You can't compare the prices here with the prices in STO. While both have Zen both games are different. The base things for astral diamonds in the actual merchant shops cost more than in STO which drives the prices up.
    look sell zen 72k Zen 342, 81k 340 over 200k 339. These arent many people having that as some numbers inbetween are just without any value at all. But the guy im Talking about is the 200k dude, thats the stop thats literally there every day when i watched. Prices wont ever drop below what he deems is right, or they drop exactly to where he wants em at
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To Runebane. Epic armor/weapons only cost a few thousand astral diamonds.

Because of exploits that made them more common than they should have been.
    "Luxury" items will always be things that cost the most. Also buying mount training books is very inefficient. It might cost 3,000,000 to upgrade a mount to rank 3 but you can also buy a twilight nightmare/nightmare for 980,000-1,400,000 respectively.

Yes, in other threads I've pointed out how crazy it is. You can switch the AD to Zen and buy a rank 3 zen mount for 1/3 the cost to upgrade a gold mount. But them setting the prices that way shows what the developers intended.

Point is the economy is doing fine.

Maybe, maybe not. I hope so, but watching it fluctuate from 299 to 365 on the same day makes it seem kind of unstable.
    You can't compare the prices here with the prices in STO. While both have Zen both games are different. The base things for astral diamonds in the actual merchant shops cost more than in STO which drives the prices up.

Uhm... ??? That's what I've been saying all along?

I was originally responding to someone who said the AD/Zen rate should be worse because you can't get as much dilithium in STO as you can astral diamonds in NW. I said it didn't matter that we got more because the cost for stuff was higher. I just used the mount thing as an example?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    look sell zen 72k Zen 342, 81k 340 over 200k 339. These arent many people having that as some numbers inbetween are just without any value at all. But the guy im Talking about is the 200k dude, thats the stop thats literally there every day when i watched. Prices wont ever drop below what he deems is right, or they drop exactly to where he wants em at

Going by your numbers he seems to be selling them pretty low. Regardless, it doesn't matter. That isn't the sign of a "Broken economy." it's the sign that someone is extremely rich. Look at Bill Gates. Some people are extremely adept at economics and no matter what you do will turn out rich. If I wanted to I could have had ridiculous amounts of Astral Diamonds. I made millions just from playing the auction house.
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Going by your numbers he seems to be selling them pretty low. Regardless, it doesn't matter. That isn't the sign of a "Broken economy." it's the sign that someone is extremely rich. Look at Bill Gates. Some people are extremely adept at economics and no matter what you do will turn out rich. If I wanted to I could have had ridiculous amounts of Astral Diamonds. I made millions just from playing the auction house.

yeah of course someone could have made those few 100 millions legit. Just that looking at the time this game is up it's just too fast. Im trading too at the Zen AD market. Think it was a 100-200k profit on 2 million AD each day just turning it over and over. It starts slow and gets faster and faster. Just If I had exploited a few 100 millions I could allready gain a few Millions profit each day and sell em for 15 Dollars each. Not that I ever would do that, but some people do. And IF they do it with ADs they didn't deserve the economy is broken imo.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. I hope so, but watching it fluctuate from 299 to 365 on the same day makes it seem kind of unstable.

for an in-game currency vs cash money exchange rate that is quite fine I think. if it drop below that point, let say 200, item cash will almost like you can get it for free. for the fluctuation I can get couple reason of why, but since it could trigger more flaming I rather not to mention it. beside, peoples can get additional in-game income cause of the fluctuation too, if it done carefully :D
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because there are people with millions of AD that are using it to buy up Zen. Google is your friend.

Lots of hackers didn't even get touched. But hey, I sure like my cape...