test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen, is not going down. Why???

mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The Zen rate is triple compared to STO, and even STO have had the ZEN rate going up-

WHY?
Post edited by mhelivor on

Comments

• Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    that because for a single cat you need 980k AD
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Why ?
    Supply and demand, thats why.
    (And perhaps market control intervention *tinfoil hat*)
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or because of the crazy prices on practically anything?
    a companion for hundreds of thousands of AD?
    or a mount for $40?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mhelivor wrote: »
    The Zen rate is triple compared to STO, and even STO have had the ZEN rate going up-

WHY?

Good, keep it high that way I get my moneys worth if I sell some zen. I don't bother selling any in STO since I don't get anything for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But Im not selling any AD in NWN since it so bad exchange. And not any Dil in STO since the exchange is going up.
    I got 2million AD when I started, bought some small stuff on AH. But now I have more AD then I have when I started, and I have not even tried to earn AD in game. But since changing looks of an item, is too expensive, I don’t waste AD on it. And since the dye is too expensive I don’t buy, because the Zen rate is too high. And I’m probably not the only one, not using the exchange since the price is to high. And if ppl buy Zen, it seems those who buy still exploit the game. But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Or because of the crazy prices on practically anything?
    a companion for hundreds of thousands of AD?
    or a mount for $40?

Welcome to Cryptic's Zen/AD hamster wheel !
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't answer why Zen pricing hasn't gone down but I can tell you that PWE's stocks have gone up.

= )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    omg I must buy that armored mount who cares if its $40,00
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unlike CO or STO, there is no "free" stipend zen to dump into the economy. So the market is actually working as I would expect in this case.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because different economies?
    Because people still want more AD things than Zen things?
    Because there's still a bunch of extra AD floating around in the economy?
    Because people haven't figured out "ideal" ways to earn daily AD (and/or they haven't added as many additional sources of it yet as they have in STO)? Seriously, I can earn Dil much faster in STO than I can earn AD here - I can do 8k on one character in an hour or so (that's the daily refine limit). Or, if I cycle several alts through the "Dilithium Mining" event, I can get 15k in that same hour. I can't come close to that earning in NW.

Additionally - when I was originally playing STO, about a year ago, the exchange rate was ~150-180 and falling. It eventually hit the current 90-130 range. And all the while, the forum had several large threads on how the "economy is broken!", because the rate was dropping from the ~300 it had been at, where all the zen sellers wanted it to stay so that they could get more Dilithium for their zen.
  • Options
    swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I won't sell the zen ive stockpiled until it reaches at least 400 per
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swift231 wrote: »
    I won't sell the zen ive stockpiled until it reaches at least 400 per

Those days are gone...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ten days ago Zen was going for over 400 AD on Dragon. Yesterday it hit a low of 333 that I saw, and today it's at 350. How is that not going down?
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO has free dilithium , which I sell every month . Thus driving down the rate . Just another reason why a subscription would be bad for this game .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Those days are gone...

I don't understand why not.

I believe the only reason the prices dropped is because there is one person / group of people / or goldfarmers driving the price down, if anyone has been paying as much attention as I have to the astral diamond exchange on the Beholder shard, (some days at least every hour for a long period of time). During the previous week, this individual has been controlling ALL the peaks and drops of the exchange throwing around 3 stacks of 105,000 ~ Zen or at one of the peaks 55~ million AD per stack.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I believe the only reason the prices dropped is because there is one person / group of people / or goldfarmers driving the price down, if anyone has been paying as much attention as I have to the astral diamond exchange on the Beholder shard, (some days at least every hour for a long period of time). During the previous week, this individual has been controlling ALL the peaks and drops of the exchange throwing around 3 stacks of 105,000 ~ Zen or at one of the peaks 55~ million AD per stack.

I believe there is no gold-farmer cabal controlling the prices. It doesn't make sense. Sure, if they drive the price down they can charge more for their AD sales, but to do so they need to sink tons of AD into the system.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe the people who actually defend the zen prices in this game.

40$ for a mount, 35$ for a companion, 20$ for a couple bags.... grats you just spent 100$ on a video game you've been playing less than a couple weeks.

then lets add in some booster packs and whatnot else.

if you think this is reasonable then you have more money than sense.

The sad part is there must be many people who have decided that virtual video game items are better than a new phone, laptop, or whatnot else they could have bought with the money they spent or PW would lower the prices.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ten days ago Zen was going for over 400 AD on Dragon. Yesterday it hit a low of 333 that I saw, and today it's at 350. How is that not going down?

Yesterday it actually hit 299AD per Zen on Beholder. Granted that was at 4am (central time) in the morning, so I doubt many people saw that.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Then explain why the exchange in STO has varied widely over the years, with prices as low as 80 (now back up to 130)? There isn't some conspiracy - changing supplies of AD (as it disappears via the various sinks, and as it's generated by the various dailies), along with varying demand for items (either zen being more in demand or diamonds), will cause the market to fluctuate.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Unlike CO or STO, there is no "free" stipend zen to dump into the economy. So the market is actually working as I would expect in this case.

But would not that kill the Market?
    If I want Zen it is for buy something like dye from the Zenshop.
    So AD for Zen.
    Zen that someone bought.
    But my Zen when I buy dye, would vanish.
    So less Zen in the exchange.
    That will explain why Zen is so sky high, and will not go down, since the only Zen for sale is bought with cash, or cheated out of the game with fake AD.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    I can't answer why Zen pricing hasn't gone down but I can tell you that PWE's stocks have gone up.

= )

It's nearing it's 32 week high of $15.23 !!!
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know STO very well, but given that the Dilithium refining limit per day is 8000, vs the 24k limit here for AD, doesn't it make sense that Dilithium would be worth more there? Or does Dilithium not work the same way as AD?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dilthium just inherently has more value within the system on the other game.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    I don't know STO very well, but given that the Dilithium refining limit per day is 8000, vs the 24k limit here for AD, doesn't it make sense that Dilithium would be worth more there? Or does Dilithium not work the same way as AD?

Not really. If I understand it right AD is way more used. For example I don't think the STO auction house uses Dilithium as a base currency. And pretty much anything you do in NW (AH fees, upgrading mounts, ID scrolls, speeding up tasks) also uses more AD compared to Dilithium. so while we may have more of it... more of it is also used up in the game and never makes it to the exchange.

Personally I think using AD for everything like that leads towards a more volatile exchange market. The market might slowly stabilize over time. And then suddenly someone who never uses up their AD can dump a ton on the exchange. From there you just watch the roller coaster go up and down as people gamble on when it will settle back down (and others freak out because they think its a new exploit).
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    mhelivor wrote: »
    But would not that kill the Market?
    If I want Zen it is for buy something like dye from the Zenshop.
    So AD for Zen.
    Zen that someone bought.
    But my Zen when I buy dye, would vanish.
    So less Zen in the exchange.
    That will explain why Zen is so sky high, and will not go down, since the only Zen for sale is bought with cash, or cheated out of the game with fake AD.

yes, but the AD rotation is still there, not to mention some people buy Zen to get AD faster, so more people buy Zen through AD not cash money.
  • Options
    lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Because of the 100k ZEN stoppers some exploiters with 100 million duped ADs have put in at the bottom so they are able to trade in that window to get even more $$

Now that they have it they are making more AD with AD and if you only can have 100 million AD you gotta store some in ZEN form and you dont want to have your ZENs value decrease, so you just put in those 100 millions distributed on 20 accounts into the market by setting a 100-200k ZEN mark at the bottom after each days trade that will never vanish over night.

Some of those people are Pros working for Goldselling sites that made a huge fortune of the recent exploitations. It's a money business and you wont see those ZENs going down until they milked themself a fortune.

And why I know that? Because I would do it if I were a close to criminal (or even criminal in some countries) scumbag who plays non cashgames for profit. And because im watching the market each day...
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Uh. No. That's not how it works. With more astral diamonds in the market and in circulation it would drive the price UP not down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Uh. No. That's not how it works. With more astral diamonds in the market and in circulation it would drive the price UP not down.

The trend is down at the moment, just that it is stopped by these manipulations. They have money in ZENs and in AD, both very much. The Zen they buy isnt lost, It's put into the market again until one really buys it to use it. If you have enormous amounts of both, you can literally set the window in which trades happen and make profits of those fluctuations. And that is happening right now.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The trend is down at the moment, just that it is stopped by these manipulations. They have money in ZENs and in AD, both very much. The Zen they buy isnt lost, It's put into the market again until one really buys it to use it. If you have enormous amounts of both, you can literally set the window in which trades happen and make profits of those fluctuations. And that is happening right now.

I have seen Astral Diamonds continuously going down. Prices in the auction house has been dropping. This has been consistent since caturday (which is a good thing.) I have not seen the prices fluctuate and go back up and doubt that it'll ever hit Caturday numbers again unless a massive new exploit will happen.

Yes some people are rich but I don't think it's to the degree that they can single handedly effect the market that much. All I've seen is constant and consistent deflation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well im on Dragon and Im watching it on the market, don't know about other servers and I see that stopper at the bottom each day at the same time (nighttime EU), the exact same number of ZENs until a bit gets buyed off. Ofc the prices may drop during their trade times, but never at the times that stop thing is in.

With no fee involved trading AD for ZEN and vice versa its so perfect for goldsellers that they can maintain a nice $$ rate each day without even having to farm anything.

I think the only thing that can prevent this is the servermerge and more people that trade so a few 100 million AD wont make a difference.