test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question about shards/servers in EU.

derpyliciousderpylicious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As I've understood, Shards contain people from all around the world. Cool, I really like it.

Except the latency. Now, I don't want to be rude or anything, just seeking answers. And if someone have asked the same question before please redirect me to that page or something.

I'm living in EU, Sweden to be precise. I have played wow for a long time but have switched to NW, when I played wow my ping was around 40-60ms. When I'm playing NW, I have between 100 and 200.

This is beta, I know, but I still want to ask some questions:

1. Within the shard, are there servers worldwide to provide good latency for players all around the world? Or are they all placed in America?

2. Can there be a system where the PVP-queue picks people from the same part of the world so that they will have a better latency inbetween them? Getting really tired of rubberbanding teleports.

Best regards, mimi.
Post edited by derpylicious on

Comments

• ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. They're all in one data centre, in deepest darkest america, primed and ready to lag at a moments notice..
    2. unlikely... sorry
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    The high latency I can handle, it's the desyncing that really gets to me and gives everyone whose not in close proximity to the servers a significant disadvantage.
  • derpyliciousderpylicious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    1. They're all in one data centre, in deepest darkest america, primed and ready to lag at a moments notice..
    2. unlikely... sorry

Darn. Still waiting for info from devs. The situation is so bad atm I can see when people are from America only by looking at how they dodge spells/their spells are not dodgeable.
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    At least you're getting 100-200, playing from Africa I'm getting 250-300. End game is a total joke between desynch and dodges not avoiding damage combined with "THAT ADD MECHANIC". Yeah, playing a laggy cleric is fun.
  • derpyliciousderpylicious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marzattakz wrote: »
    At least you're getting 100-200, playing from Africa I'm getting 250-300. End game is a total joke between desynch and dodges not avoiding damage combined with "THAT ADD MECHANIC". Yeah, playing a laggy cleric is fun.

Haha, shouldn't be compaining then :P. I play mostly pvp and I get very frustrated when I die because that other CW imbalol'd dodged my daily which, on my screen, hit him 1 sec before he even started to teleport.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup unlikely a Euro server will ever happen as Cryptic tends to merge all servers into one mega server after all the betas end.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Boston. They're all in Boston.

If they did an EU shard, it'd be a separate game entirely, any purchases you made for the US account wouldn't transfer over, and you wouldn't be able to get CS to transfer them unless you never logged in on the US shards. The client would be localized for it entirely; it'd be a totally separate game in every way. Different account server and everything.

Otherwise they'd have to deal with latency issues for the account servers for all EU players, and it would be horrible.