test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Identify this CW Armor!

dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Identifythisarmor_zps916ad85f.png

DERSIDIUS
ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I believe the hat is the "Hat of the Arcane Wanderer" which is available from the Wondrous Bazaar.
    I assume the armor is likely the "Robes of the Arcane Wanderer" but that one I am less certain on.

They cost quite a bit of AD. I would recommend first purchasing them on the Preview Shard to decide whether you truly wish to buy them (and likely transmute them) before making such a commitment on the live server.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's definitely not Robes of the Arcane Wanderer; my CW has a couple of those from a Tymora box and they look much different.

Maybe it's the Fatebender tunic? I know it's one of the epic level 60 armors because I've seen it before, and I know it's not the Gladiator Mage set or the High Vizier set, but I'm not 100% sure what it is beyond that....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the Fatebender outfit on my female CW, it's dyed purple, but you still might be able to compare the two.

Thyri_Fatebender_Outfit.jpg
  • shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Careful when comparing armors with opposite genders, the base armor can look different (not referring to the skimpy/skin-showing look). I just found this out when trying to look for a certain armor/look and it turned out to have a diferent look on my female dc vs a male dc.

Best thign to do is look for a male cw with fatbender armor on and compare it that way. Maybe there is a thread in CW forums ( Library) that has armors posted by players like we have in the Temple forums for DCs.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The chest piece is the most important I already know the helm and gloves

Fatebender tunic is the most likely answer so far?

DERSIDIUS
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im fairly sure its the Focal Magi set. The picture is really poor quality, so its hard to tell. Fatebenter and Focal magi share the same parts, like the arms. But Focal Magi has the high shoulders and the metal accents at the shoulders not the hips.
    edited October 2013
    Didn't get a screenshot, but I saw a male CW wearing the Magelord tunic and it was almost identical to the one you're looking for (just had a couple more details like a chain across the waist, could have been my graphics settings showing more detail maybe). If I catch the Focal Magi set I'll pop in again with a report on if it's a closer match.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited October 2013
    More and more sources are saying its focal magi, however, someone has told me that focal has a loin cloth

is this NPC lucky and lacks the loin cloth? or is it possible Archmage set?

DERSIDIUS
    edited October 2013
    Actually...NPCs kinda tend to do what they want with regard to clothes. I'm pretty sure I've seen NPCs that wear armor we have with everything except the skirt/loin cloth on it. You might not be able to find an exact match for that reason, but otherwise it seems like Magelord and/or Focal Magi are going to be pretty close to it.
    edited October 2013
    Could it possibly be High Vizier of the Drake? no one has mentioned it so far, and I've never seen it posted anywhere

DERSIDIUS
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Isn't that the salvage NPC? It's probably a modified version of the focal magi, or something.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited October 2013
    Yes it is, and he has my favorite armor concept , hopefully its not a modified form

DERSIDIUS
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dersidius wrote: »
    Yes it is, and he has my favorite armor concept , hopefully its not a modified form

It is, there is not one single set of epic armor that lacks the apron/loin cloth. Be it rogue, cleric, wizard or what have you.
    edited October 2013
    are their any blue or possible green set alternatives then?
    i.e Seal vendor items or crafting?
    ]

DERSIDIUS