test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for guild - info inside

shoveljonshoveljon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Main is a rogue but I'm also levelling a Control Wizard and GWF.

I believe in the team before myself. Damage meters are great, but surviving and bringing the boss down is more important. I tend to build my characters for damage but NOT at the cost of survivability. I play to have fun, but I also consider winning fun. So, you know. I like to survive and bring the boss down and win and that's fun.

I see a lot of people playing cookie cutter executioner rogue builds, for example, who would never consider playing abilities like bait and switch or impossible to catch. They don't do damage! I also see a lot of rogues dying in red circles. I try not to be this rogue. While some encounters call for just going nuts on damage, most don't.

Similarly, my control wizard is for control before nuking, and I know a fighter's job is to knock adds around more than it is to simply jump on the boss (that's the rogue's job, and when I want to do that, I play the rogue!)

I have extensive raiding experience in WoW and DDO. I have played to cap and raided (but with less frequency) in LoTRO, Champions, GW, GW2, and SWTOR.

I love D&D and know the classes and their roles.

I love raiding and progression but, as a professor, prep time and heavy work periods (like term end) keep me from considering myself "hardcore."

I am not looking for a spot on a raid team - I have yet to reach level cap. I just want to meet a group of fun, intelligent, mature people who love gaming and D&D I can run dungeons and level with and eventually start to raid with them. I am loving this game to death so far, but people not knowing their roles is leading to some frustration and lack of motivation to run harder content. I would love to meet some people who have fun, play well, and enjoy the game.

If this sounds like a fit to you, please shoot me a message!
Post edited by shoveljon on

Comments