test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New class proof

2»

Comments

• zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Bit late? Didnt see this posted anywhere else so my bad if its a re-post but its still fun to speculate

Check my history, I posted the new class would be a Hunter like close to a year ago lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    the might wanna bring a real healer instead and by "real" i mean someone that can 100% selfheal himself... no need atm for more critters that just make me mad in pvp. also if new classes will come they need to expand party size to 6, otherwise it won't help a lot.

First off the Cleric in the initial CB pass didn't have a self heal debuff, it steamrolled everything thanks to it's superior healing abilities and had a significant gold advantage due to not needing potions. (Most other games have a MP or Energy requirement to spend gold for potions on), hence the debuff.

Secondly, 4e classes are focused on one of 4 roles although some classes can off-spec (fighters can act as strikers for example but not as well as a Ranger or Rogue). These roles are Striker (Single Target DPS), Leader (Healer, Buffer, Debuffer), Controller (AOE and Holds, Slows ect) and Defender (Tank)

As such we don't need more spaces on the team, just to keep a balanced team (1 of each +1 more).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Closing for necromancy.
    Please use a lively thread. I suggest this one:

[h=3]Cryptic Long Term ETA of more new classes?[/h]
This discussion has been closed.