test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Group Quest Listings

nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
I wanted to maintain a list of foundry quests for group play. Please reply with full info if you quest requires three or more players.

The Cragsteep Crypts: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?141271-The-Cragsteep-Crypt-%28Dungeon-Delve%29
Type: Dungeon Delve
Length: 90 mins.
Party size: 5 man; 3 man with holy trinity (Hard mode)
Short Code: NW-DKZHULOVG



Orcus Unleashed: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?290362-5-Man-SKIRMISH-UGC-***-quot-ORCUS-UNLEASHED!-quot-***
Type: Skirmish
Length: 20 mins.
Party size: 5 man; 3 man with holy trinity (Hard mode)
Short code: NW-DDU6KAENY



Conquering of Ymir:
Type: Dungeon Delve
Length: 60 mins.
Party size: 5 man, but provides guards for help during the quest
Short Code: NW-D12TWV3K3

Lady and the Worm:
Type: Solo quest w/ group option
Length: 25 mins.
Party size: Solo by default, but has 3 man PARTY option
Short Code: NW-DPQPJSVTH

The Stolen Heirloom:
Type: Group quest
Length: 20 mins.
Party size: 3
Short Code: nw-dqkbsjomx

The Gates of Neverdeath
Type: Group quest
Length: 60 mins.
Party size: 3 man
Short Code:NW-DPSAPLVBZ

The Sunken Castle
Type: Solo quest with 5 man option
Length: 30 mins.
Party size: 1-5 man
Short Code:NW-DEO4EA5XG


The Mage Masher
Type: Solo quest with 3 man option
Length: 25 mins.
Party size: 1-3 man
Short Code:NW-DKYGGYPUE

The Crucible Challenge
Type: Arena
Length: 45-60 mins.
Party size: 3 man
Short Code:NW-DS35V5E5R

Temple of the Sun
Type: Dungeon Delve
Length: 60-90 mins.
Party size: 3-5 man
Short Code:NW-DR7WBOLM6

Retaliation
Type: Group quest
Length: 30-45.
Party size: 3 man
Short Code:NW-DNG6BTL9C
Post edited by nyghoma on
tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH


Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
«1

Comments

  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sticky please. This is a good idea.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drum roll....... STICKY!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a great idea to find group related quests.

    Sticky this.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • kajuironfistskajuironfists Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make this into a Sticky... Yea the sticky icky...
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumpity bump
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Given that most quests are designed for solo', I don't think it's a bad thing to highlight the ones that friends and guilds might find a challenge.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shoudn't that be "stickied" in the "Foundry Spotlight" subforum instead? Maybe even make another subforum for "Foundry Spotlight - Group Quests"...

    From what I understand, this forum is for Foundry General Discussion, etc... and nobody is really cleaning up the forum by moving these threads to their rightful place.
  • lordxoruslordxorus Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Actually this 'is' a good Idea! (tried to make mine solo-able but so 2 could run it as well)(see sig)

    Actually, it would be a good idea to sticky a list of new foundry quests. (updated every week) (sorry thought I'd add that)
    Wanted: Hero *Lil Chubs*


    Foundry Search: Wanted: Hero Lil Chubs
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Shoudn't that be "stickied" in the "Foundry Spotlight" subforum instead? Maybe even make another subforum for "Foundry Spotlight - Group Quests"...

    From what I understand, this forum is for Foundry General Discussion, etc... and nobody is really cleaning up the forum by moving these threads to their rightful place.

    I don't see why this would be appropriate for the spotlight forum. This will be a catalog of group foundry quests. This is NOT an appeal to be spotlighted. If they made a group foundry forum, then yes, I would agree. But I see little hope in that, considering the lack for group quests currently available.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    I don't see why this would be appropriate for the spotlight forum. This will be a catalog of group foundry quests. This is NOT an appeal to be spotlighted. If they made a group foundry forum, then yes, I would agree. But I see little hope in that, considering the lack for group quests currently available.
    Wouldn't worry about it, last time a community mod showed up in Foundry forums was.... hmmm.... well.... can you remember a time?

    Anyway, the best place for it's probably the the Foundry content sticky "The Foundry: List of UGC and Authors " since that's all categorized.
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    I don't see why this would be appropriate for the spotlight forum. This will be a catalog of group foundry quests. This is NOT an appeal to be spotlighted. If they made a group foundry forum, then yes, I would agree. But I see little hope in that, considering the lack for group quests currently available.

    Based on the sticky in the foundry spotlight forum describing what it's for, I really think it ended up with a misleading name. It's not about getting a quest spotlighted (as in the biweekly foundry spotlight thing), it's merely the forum where the description/feedback threads for individual quests are supposed to be going now. The chance to get the official spotlight was just kind of a bonus incentive thing they threw in there, but unfortunately that's just confused the issue. Pretty sure it was intended simply to be the new home for all of what used to be the "[UGC]" threads.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    Based on the sticky in the foundry spotlight forum describing what it's for, I really think it ended up with a misleading name. It's not about getting a quest spotlighted (as in the biweekly foundry spotlight thing), it's merely the forum where the description/feedback threads for individual quests are supposed to be going now. The chance to get the official spotlight was just kind of a bonus incentive thing they threw in there, but unfortunately that's just confused the issue. Pretty sure it was intended simply to be the new home for all of what used to be the "[UGC]" threads.

    Are you basing that on the forum sub-text? I can see if that was the only information available how you could interpret it that way, but reading the foundry spotlight guidelines, leads be to believe otherwise.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't worry about it, last time a community mod showed up in Foundry forums was.... hmmm.... well.... can you remember a time?

    Anyway, the best place for it's probably the the Foundry content sticky "The Foundry: List of UGC and Authors " since that's all categorized.


    That kind of defeats the purpose. The whole point is to segregate group quests, not to lose them in a whirling mass of chaos.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Are you basing that on the forum sub-text? I can see if that was the only information available how you could interpret it that way, but reading the foundry spotlight guidelines, leads be to believe otherwise.

    I'm basing it on the sticky guidelines: "These forums are a place for you to share all of your amazing quests (and hard work) with your fellow players and authors, receive feedback about your dungeons and campaigns, and even get a chance to have your work be featured"... in other words, exactly what people use [UGC] threads for. Even down to the suggested formatting.

    The "and even get a chance" language in particular is couched and indicates (to me) that it is in no way expected or the reason for doing it; it's just a possible bonus of jumping through the hoops of helping to clean up, organize, and standardize these threads. And later they pretty clearly state that a thread in that forum has nothing to do with being featured, you still just have to use the regular in-foundry tool for that and the criteria there haven't changed at all.

    If your interpretation is correct and the intent was, for some reason, NOT to organize all [UGC] threads into one place then that's really... um... let's say "inefficient", to be polite (not of you, of Cryptic/PW). Why would I be encouraged to create a [UGC] thread in the regular forum AND another one in the spotlight forum with the same content and same expected replies? I'd just be duplicating posts and spreading out my feedback.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    That kind of defeats the purpose. The whole point is to segregate group quests, not to lose them in a whirling mass of chaos.
    It lists all the categories and then gave each one a separate post that lists all the quests of that type, so there is a post just listing humor for instance. Just have to add a group category added.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    I'm basing it on the sticky guidelines: "These forums are a place for you to share all of your amazing quests (and hard work) with your fellow players and authors, receive feedback about your dungeons and campaigns, and even get a chance to have your work be featured"... in other words, exactly what people use [UGC] threads for. Even down to the suggested formatting.

    The "and even get a chance" language in particular is couched and indicates (to me) that it is in no way expected or the reason for doing it; it's just a possible bonus of jumping through the hoops of helping to clean up, organize, and standardize these threads. And later they pretty clearly state that a thread in that forum has nothing to do with being featured, you still just have to use the regular in-foundry tool for that and the criteria there haven't changed at all.

    If your interpretation is correct and the intent was, for some reason, NOT to organize all [UGC] threads into one place then that's really... um... let's say "inefficient", to be polite (not of you, of Cryptic/PW). Why would I be encouraged to create a [UGC] thread in the regular forum AND another one in the spotlight forum with the same content and same expected replies? I'd just be duplicating posts and spreading out my feedback.

    You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Many threads are started in this forum to share new quests, which are never moved. People who want to be considered for spotlight typically post in the other forum. That's the way it's been since inception. Cryptic isn't clear about what forum is used for which threads, but actions speak louder than words. So far their actions support my interpretation.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It lists all the categories and then gave each one a separate post that lists all the quests of that type, so there is a post just listing humor for instance. Just have to add a group category added.


    Sorry, but I see a clear difference between party size and quest style. If I'm in a guild or a static group, and I'm bored with Cryptic content, I wouldn't want to sift and read through pages of mallarky just to find the few group quests available.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • weasougweasoug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A great post, keep it up.
    Artificer.jpg

    Officer of Dungeon Masters Foundry-Guild on the Dragon server.
    NW_Foundry Chat Channel| Foundry Q&A Ventrilo | THE FORGE Weekly Live Stream
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Send in more quest for update.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • themalkionthemalkion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2-3+ person group quest

    stolen birthright

    nw-dqkbsjomx

    soloable if you like a challenge

    length: 10-15 in group or 30 solo
  • sheyjinsheyjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gates of Neverdeath:
    Type: Quest
    Length: 30 mins.
    Party size: 3 or 4
    Short Code: NW-DPSAPLVBZ
    This is a quest I made based of the 4ed Dungeons and Dragons Module of the same name. Please test and rate it.. All constructive criticism appreciated.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will do. Gonna play it tonight and then I'll toss it up. Thanks.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think it is safe to list Mage Masher, as a solo quest with a small group option (2 to 3 people.) I am comfortable with its current state and had gone through many iterations of tuning the last encounter for group play.

    Type: Dungeon Delve
    Length: 25 mins.
    Party size: 1, 2, or 3 man
    Short Code: NW-DKYGGYPUE
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

    A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool, Anrix. I'll toss it up there.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excellent thread! Thank you for maintaining it.

    For the authors of group Foundry quests: how do you test them out?
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apoc has a post about that somewhere here. In alpha, we ran his with a group of level 60 chars a bunch of times and gave him feedback. So basically, you have to get 4 buddies/willing testers to run it with you. Which means you have to publish a test version.
  • kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wininoid wrote: »
    Apoc has a post about that somewhere here. In alpha, we ran his with a group of level 60 chars a bunch of times and gave him feedback. So basically, you have to get 4 buddies/willing testers to run it with you. Which means you have to publish a test version.

    Ahhh, OK. That's what I figured. Thank you for the answer!
  • anrecielanreciel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Temple of the Sun:
    Type: Dungeon Delve
    Length: 60-90 mins
    Party size: 3-5 man
    Short Code: NW-DS35V5E5R
    The Temple of the Sun: NW-DS35V5E5R
  • aarkangelaarkangel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got ONE.

    ===============================
    The Quivering Thumb Arena
    NW-DKL6MAOG6
    For 3+ players (If the player is able to keep themselves healed constantly, it is doable with 2 people or even solo)
    Average Play Time: 10-20 minutes depending on number of players. (Current average play time of 8 minutes is due to me blasting through it several times in the first couple publishes of it to make sure it was doable with a normal character. Play time is somewhat longer now.)
    BASED ON THE QUIVERING THUMB GLADIATORIAL ENTERPRISE FROM THE FORGOTTEN REALMS SETTING
    GAMEPLAY: Large-scale encounters of many different types of enemies. They come in waves, one after the other, and the final two are very difficult if you get caught off-guard or can't keep your health up.
    DESCRIPTION: "The Quivering Thumb, the legendary fair-fight gladiatorial enterprise that made it's name in Unther, and secured it's reputation in Westgate has come to Neverwinter! After the spellplague, Westgate took a severe blow, and most of it's population decided it would be better to spend it's coin on restoration rather than bloody spectacles. In the time since, the Thumb has traveled across Faerun and has set up shop in many cities since, and now it has arrived in Neverwinter! The Thumb offer any warrior up to the task a chance for fame and fortune should they arise victorious from fighting wave after wave of foes, or glory in a bloody death should they be overwhelmed and meet their fate! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
    ===============================

    Please try it out when you get the chance, even if you don't have friends to play with you, it's still fun being mauled by 9 simultaneous encounters of undead lol
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the submissions. I'll test them today, and then set you guys up on the thread.
    tol-banner.png

    NW-DT4OV7EXH


    Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
This discussion has been closed.