test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond exchange

wolflordjonwolflordjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
being new to this game and a little overwelmed by the amount of different currencies and boxes, and keys, etc ettc.

I understand there is an Astral Diamond Exchange where you can change Astral Diamonds to zen.

How do I find this function, person whatever it is, so that I can use it ?

Thanks for your help
Post edited by wolflordjon on

Comments

• lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Hit the hammer thing in the icon list on the top (not a key assigend to it). Then hit 1 and hit the Zen button on bottom right. If you wanna use the auction too, you can find it here. Now you know more then some more experienced people. I didn't even knew at 60 that I could access auction and Zen trade from anywhere.
  • wolflordjonwolflordjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit the hammer thing in the icon list on the top (not a key assigend to it). Then hit 1 and hit the Zen button on bottom right. If you wanna use the auction too, you can find it here. Now you know more then some more experienced people. I didn't even knew at 60 that I could access auction and Zen trade from anywhere.

Thank you - your help is much appreciated
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't use the Auction from there to sell though. Walk to the actual AH. Its the hammer icon on the Protector's Enclave map.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is also a dedicated ad exchange button on top of screen next to the zen store button.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit the hammer thing in the icon list on the top (not a key assigend to it). Then hit 1 and hit the Zen button on bottom right.
    There is also a dedicated ad exchange button on top of screen next to the zen store button.

Yeah, you can just hit the third button from the left. And the fourth button from the left is the diamond store (where you buy ID scrolls).

There are times that I feel like I'm the only person who, the instant I load into a new game, mouses over and/or pushes all the buttons they've put in my UI. :p
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have Astral Diamonds ?
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    There are times that I feel like I'm the only person who, the instant I load into a new game, mouses over and/or pushes all the buttons they've put in my UI. :p
    I have the same feeling at times.

First thing you should do with any new game is to examine the interface in any way possible, while actually reading all the text displayed. Many people seem to see that there's text and then completely ignore what it says except for individually highlighted or specially marked words.
  • warchaplainwarchaplain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013

First thing you should do with any new game is to examine the interface in any way possible, while actually reading all the text displayed. Many people seem to see that there's text and then completely ignore what it says except for individually highlighted or specially marked words.

I too did a mouse over of all gui elements when first starting to play and gave avid attention to the text, I even clicked on each and everyone of them and opened up their respective menus and gave them a quick study, but by the time I had a grasp of the connection between the different currencies (15-16lvl) and had enough diamonds to start giving them more attention I had forgotten where I had seen the astral diamond exchange, so I was running around seven suns looking for a vendor until I came to these forums for the obvious but elusive to me answer.

To most fresh players the amount of info in games like neverwinter is overwhelming, also most things and details that are particular to the game (like the ability to change diamonds for zen currency) do not make much sense until you actually start aquiring/using said particular things/details.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I find it a bit perplexing that so much of the ingame economy is based on a currency that is not readily available through normal gameplay. There is nothing in the game that actually drops astral diamonds. For the most part they seem only available via daily and timed events.
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why is it that whenever some new player comes to a forum and asks a new player question, some im smarter than you ****** bag has to reply basically telling them to figure it out on their own.

We get it, everyone should figure the game out without asking questions
  • katethulhukatethulhu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Astral Diamond Exchange is very confusing. When trading Diamonds for zen it gives no indication of how long anything will take. I just used it for the first time and am wondering if I made some sort of horrible mistake. I gave the thing 10000 astral diamonds, supposedly for Zen, and now am just 10000 zen to show for it without any indication of if and when the transaction, if it even is one, is to go through. There's no hover over information that I can find or anything. It's kind of terrible.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Don't use the Auction from there to sell though. Walk to the actual AH. Its the hammer icon on the Protector's Enclave map.
    What's the reason for using the actual AH?
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What's the reason for using the actual AH?

The actual AH takes 10% cut off your profits while this takes 12.5%.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    The actual AH takes 10% cut off your profits while this takes 12.5%.
    I see. Thank you.
  • ixxstun3rzxxixxstun3rzxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    welll i exchanged 6,250 astral diamonds for ZEN in the game and its says that it will be placed in the listings and i have waiting for it to appear in the balance but nothings happening PLEASE HELP!!
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Wait. Did you see how long the auction is for? Has that time lapsed. It isn't instant you know.

While I normally agree with the likes of voodoopapa, this one I'm filing under "you really should be paying attention to what's in front of you and read".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    welll i exchanged 6,250 astral diamonds for ZEN in the game and its says that it will be placed in the listings and i have waiting for it to appear in the balance but nothings happening PLEASE HELP!!

the zen exchange has a holding "wallet" in it that is account wide. when you make an offer for zen from AD, the AD amount of your offer is subtracted from your character account and frozen until either the transaction is completed and your AD has been exchanged for zen or if you cancel the transaction. if your transaction is complete, your zen will be located in your holding "wallet" in the exchange. if you cancelled the transaction (this is also a way to transfer AD between characters on the same shard) then your offered AD will be found in your holding "wallet" on the exchange. if i'm saving up zen for something... for instance, like the new sexy dusk unicorn... i might set up my exchange request and leave the zen in there rather than having to look at it all the time while it burns a hole in my pocket.
  • mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2013

When you are using the Zen to AD exchange, you are trading with other players. So if you make a ridiculous offer, for example, buy 1 zen for 50 AD, then your offer is not going to filled instantly. You can see all of your active listings on the last tab where you can cancel them if you need to.

If you want your offer to be filled instantly, then you need to make a "Buy" offer that matches a "Sell" offer that was posted by another player--and vice versa if you are trying to sell Zen.

See this article by NW for more of a guide--see the section titled "How do I use the in-game Astral Diamond Exchange?":

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=974931
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!