test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Student of the Sword is Bugged

sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
NVM. More variables I wasn't told about.
Post edited by sanctumlol on

Comments

• spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yup. Pretty nice huh?

Oh, it does that for everyone that hit's them too if you were wondering.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Yup. Pretty nice huh?

Oh, it does that for everyone that hit's them too if you were wondering.

That's the point, that's broken as ****.
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    That's the point, that's broken as ****.

More broken than a Shocking Execution?

Now ask yourself this question: Why is it that no one wants GWF in T2?

Perplexing, isn't it?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited May 2013
    More broken than a Shocking Execution?

Now ask yourself this question: Why is it that no one wants GWF in T2?

Perplexing, isn't it?

People are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this is 45% dmg to all the party. It's broken as ****.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    So our broken skill gives everyone increased damage and we are not wanted in dungeons ?
    edited May 2013
    People are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this is 45% dmg to all the party. It's broken as ****.

lol yeah, they are. SotS is the only thing that makes my Destroyer viable in all likelihood. It's pretty likely it makes everyone's build viable, to be honest, since I haven't seen even one that didn't include it.

Now wrap your head around this one, even with a 45% damage increase our damage is still low. Then you consider what a rogue's damage would be with SotS and it's easy to see why GWF can't beat a Rogue's damage delt in a given dungeon. For that matter, it's easy to see why it's a dead run between GWF and CW.

Maybe it's the intent of the class to shred armor for everyone else while dealing damage. It makes sense, right? That's the way I saw the class when I looked in the feat tree's anyway.
    edited May 2013
    lol yeah, they are. SotS is the only thing that makes my Destroyer viable in all likelihood. It's pretty likely it makes everyone's build viable, to be honest, since I haven't seen even one that didn't include it.

Now wrap your head around this one, even with a 45% damage increase our damage is still low. Then you consider what a rogue's damage would be with SotS and it's easy to see why GWF can't beat a Rogue's damage delt in a given dungeon. For that matter, it's easy to see why it's a dead run between GWF and CW.

Maybe it's the intent of the class to shred armor for everyone else while dealing damage. It makes sense, right? That's the way I saw the class when I looked in the feat tree's anyway.

Yep, but you guys have the same problem as CWs. The "I wanna do dmg, but I can't" syndrome. Eventually you'll realize you're not needed for YOUR dmg and that you're op.

Edit: by you I mean GWFs, obviously.
    edited May 2013
    Yep, but you guys have the same problem as CWs. The "I wanna do dmg, but I can't" syndrome. Eventually you'll realize you're not needed for YOUR dmg and that you're op.

Fair, I'm fine with doing lower damage and helping the group. It's why I try and stand up for the GWF. I do think things need fixing, because some things just don't work right. (Like first attacks off unstoppable not receiving the speed bonus from unstoppable, or Come and Get It applying Deep Gash when it doesn't do any damage.)

It's a solid dungeon addition if you play the 'intended' way, but add's simply matter less in T2 with add knocking and twin rogues can still burn a boss. There are other more direct avenues that all classes can pursue for stacking armor debuff's that don't require a GWF. Even with the number being 'absurdly' high.

EDIT:

Although when you consider they all stack I guess it's still pretty perplexing.

EDIT @ Your edit:

True. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't put a 'GWF is UP, moar damage!' thread. I really don't get it, I always assume the rogue is highest single-target damage in any D&D game. (Barring monks existence.)

Debuff effects aren't easy to track for most people, everyone just uses the damage dealt column which is incredibly stupid if you have half a brain. I noticed it worked that way when Reaping Strike was getting way higher numbers than it should. It's one reason why I still wish I was an Instigator build, but I'm masochistic that way.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This all boils down to.. the only people complaining about GWF are the ones who solo queue and get the solo queue mentality. I always run with a full group of every class and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's your own fault for queuing by yourself and expecting to be treated fairly.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This all boils down to.. the only people complaining about GWF are the ones who solo queue and get the solo queue mentality. I always run with a full group of every class and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's your own fault for queuing by yourself and expecting to be treated fairly.

EXACTLY.

Who the hell still plays MMOs without a team of people that he knows gaming with him. I mean, COME ON people. Get with the times. Get on FB and Twitter and start making interweb friends so you can start queing up for T2s in Neverwinter.

Or...

You can keep using your precious time doing real life things that actually matter. Things which kids who sport Bieber hair cuts won't understand for another 15-20 years if they're lucky enough to stop playing games and let a girl touch them in the no-no's.

Amirite?

AMIRITE ENVY?!?!

Yeah... I'm right...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep adds off the cleric with roar, offtank with unstoppable, debuff bosses with sots, abuse savage advance cancelling as a spammable single target ledge throw. You have to really work yourself to be good utility in the t2-meta
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
    edited May 2013
    No, I think a lot of people took Cryptic seriously when they tried to say that GWF is an off tank/DPS without amending it to off tank/debuff/DPS.

People see 'DPS' and think it means DPS. I mean, it does do damage but it relies on lots of add's to do it's numbers. GWF brings lots of desirable things to a group, it's just that people look at our class forum and see doom and gloom threads and assume it's worse than it is.

Of course, if plaguefire stacks then I guess it might explain why people run two TR instead. I haven't tested it myself, but it's something to consider.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    This is a good bug.. at least we have an actual role in parties now...enhance everyone's damage.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why these sort of debuffs need to get a massive nerf lol.

They're insane.

I still want to know if debuffs like this and plaguefire scale off actualy defense or not though. Or if it's basically just a flat 45% armor pen.

If it is then atleast defense isn't completely worthless in pvp.
    edited May 2013
    This is a good bug.. at least we have an actual role in parties now...enhance everyone's damage.

I doubt this is a 'bug'. It's pretty hard to get those two things confused somehow in development. I also think that if it was a problem they would have noticed a long time ago. I mean, it's not hard to observe it's effect if you're even looking at the combat log.

You also need to remember it takes three crits to get all three stacks. This isn't a long time with 50% crit rate, but consider that 50% crit rate isn't that hard to get either. That's a 50% crit rate for 75% damage. I've played a lot of MMO's, but not many have had an easy to obtain absurd crit rate.
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    This is why these sort of debuffs need to get a massive nerf lol.

They're insane.

I still want to know if debuffs like this and plaguefire scale off actualy defense or not though. Or if it's basically just a flat 45% armor pen.

If it is then atleast defense isn't completely worthless in pvp.

it's 45% of base defense. Basically 10-15% dmg.
    edited May 2013

Doesn't look like it on the dummies, but it's tough to find an instance without them being hit by other people.
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't look like it on the dummies, but it's tough to find an instance without them being hit by other people.

Tested it on training golems with 22% DR
    edited May 2013
    If you cross the streams you get a 66.6% damage increase.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's the thing though, debuffs like this bring things into the negative by themselves, so it can't simply be 40% Dmg Redux Defense being cut by 20% from a 50% debuff, because they'd still reduce dmg by another 20%.

So it has to be a flat amount, or something..
  • golbleengolbleen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    EXACTLY.

Who the hell still plays MMOs without a team of people that he knows gaming with him. I mean, COME ON people. Get with the times. Get on FB and Twitter and start making interweb friends so you can start queing up for T2s in Neverwinter.

Or...

You can keep using your precious time doing real life things that actually matter. Things which kids who sport Bieber hair cuts won't understand for another 15-20 years if they're lucky enough to stop playing games and let a girl touch them in the no-no's.

Amirite?

AMIRITE ENVY?!?!

Yeah... I'm right...
    But...if I play with other people, how am I going to fully-immerse myself in somebody's poorly-proofread Foundry quest text???
    edited May 2013
    Jk, it's working as intended. New variables introduced.