test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auctionhouse Undercutting

gorillacherokgorillacherok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just wanted to say how much i love you guys and how easy you made my game, you see the fact is your all so stupid that u undercut each other all day that it is no longer price efficient to do any runs at all, i can pvp all day and let you noobs farm dungeons and then i just let you guys undercut each other till i get a 4mil item for 100k

so thank you for this, i am glad to see i am playing a kids game that buy ad with allowance

NEVERWINTER AH

Auction 1: 4mil
Auction 2: 3mil
Auction 3: 1mil
Auction 4: 500k
Auction 5: 200k
Auction 6: 100k

only a kid would do this, any other mmo looks like this

Auction 1: 4,000,000
Auction 2: 3,999,999
Auction 3: 3,999,998
Auction 4: 3,999,997
Auction 5: 3,999,996
Auction 6: 3,999,995

so the moral of the story is, thank you guys for being so dumb, i now can just pvp all day and let u get my gears cheaper for me
Post edited by gorillacherok on

Comments

• askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to say how much i love you guys and how easy you made my game, you see the fact is your all so stupid that u undercut each other all day that it is no longer price efficient to do any runs at all, i can pvp all day and let you noobs farm dungeons and then i just let you guys undercut each other till i get a 4mil item for 100k

so thank you for this, i am glad to see i am playing a kids game that buy ad with allowance

NEVERWINTER AH

so the moral of the story is, thank you guys for being so dumb, i now can just pvp all day and let u get my gears cheaper for me

Welcome to economics 101.

Why in the hell would someone post something more expensive than the other items and guarantee their stuff won't sell then lose money on the posting fee.

Wow you put about 5 nanoseconds of thought into this one.
  • gorillacherokgorillacherok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to economics 101.

Why in the hell would someone post something more expensive than the other items and guarantee their stuff won't sell then lose money on the posting fee.

Wow you put about 5 nanoseconds of thought into this one.

u clearly used 5 nanoseconds to your response seeing how nothing was said about posting it higher, it was visibly shown for you noobs to use 1 diamond drop and there would actually be profit

but hey who am i kidding, keep doing what you do, i didnt advise u to anything, i said thank you for being a ****, i get to do nothing but pvp and let u noobs cut each other and i get the gear cheaper than it would have cost for potions and injury kits
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u clearly used 5 nanoseconds to your response seeing how nothing was said about posting it higher, it was visibly shown for you noobs to use 1 diamond drop and there would actually be profit

but hey who am i kidding, keep doing what you do, i didnt advise u to anything, i said thank you for being a ****, i get to do nothing but pvp and let u noobs cut each other and i get the gear cheaper than it would have cost for potions and injury kits

Now I'm a **** for undercutting.. Bwhahahahaha good stuff man, good stuff.

Let the rage flow... release it from your system... You will soon feel a feeling of extreme relaxation... When that happens, log back in and start recharging your rage meter.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

NEVERWINTER AH

If all of those auctions are up at the same time then the item isn't worth 4 mil. It's not even worth 500k.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I don't know about you, but when I see someone undercut by pennies I go for the "higher" priced listing just to spite their silliness. I would rather pay a penny more and watch them eat the listing fees for not offering truly competitive prices.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you're so edgy
  • gorillacherokgorillacherok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    If all of those auctions are up at the same time then the item isn't worth 4 mil. It's not even worth 500k.

good point, a mmo with 80,000 players should only have 1 auction of a item at a time

but wait if what u said were true, then master mailsmith etc these items should all be 1 ad, seeing how there is several hundred of these type auctions
  • rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like prices on the market are starting to get to a more realistic figure

Seems to me the devs did a good job sorting out the corruption and banning players,
    now we see the fruits of it, a more stable economy.
  • beanjamanbeanjaman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

NEVERWINTER AH

that's life mate, why do you sound angry about getting a good deal?
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Uhm, it does actually look like this on the NW AH lmao. Not that it matters - it's still undercutting, no matter how big the difference between amounts. It comes down to the same thing that will make your item sell or not: luck. A buyer buying your item before someone else uc's it. Cause let's face it - every buyer is going to pick the cheapest item X on the AH, not necessarily because it's the cheapest but because it's on the top of the page aswell (convinience).

P.S. And yes, I am assuming that you are a T2 item seller because those are pretty much the only people that would get mad about this. For everyone else it's a good thing, so cheer up yo.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
    edited May 2013
    good point, a mmo with 80,000 players should only have 1 auction of a item at a time

but wait if what u said were true, then master mailsmith etc these items should all be 1 ad, seeing how there is several hundred of these type auctions

****. Your staggering lack of logic has nearly made your counter impenetrable. It's like you're secretly mad that your 4 mil auctions don't sell.

If you look at the AH and see 100k, 200k, 500k, 1mil, and 4mil all at the same time? 80,000 (according to you) players looked at the 100k, 200k, AND 500k price tags and said "nah, not worth it to me"

4 mil price tag on an item that won't even sell for 200k? The item isn't worth 4 mil, it's not even worth 500k.

Oh and blue profession people have a stable market because there are huge numbers for sale and they sell reasonably fast at the current price. If they didn't the price would drop.
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would items keep their value, if they are farmable and people progress game more and more all the time? Ive personally avoided buying gear the most in this game, as its most likely going to inflate the most overtime (thanks to BoE). Enchants, professions assets seem to be for me only real choise of investing. Then again those type of stuff prices are going up at least what comes to enchants and runes.

Also for undercutting, its hard to say what stuff is really farmed by blood and sweat. I would say Castle never gear most likely keep its value for long while. But having some people over farming bosses like the spider boss (tbh i havent followed what bosses were possible to kill fast with exploits), but its only natural epic gear prices suffer. Thats also reason why so many were so eager to get wipe, as market was already inflated very early on from epics, while small % of people raked huge profits, not to mention whole AD out of thin air.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how he says people are stupid kids...

Then types like he's a seven year old on his daddy's laptop. People shouldn't be too mean though. If he's older than that, I think he might be... special.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People undercut by 1ad when they think the item is worth 4mil and aren't in a hurry to sell. People undercut by more when they think it's probably worth less or they want to sell quickly.

The market is not commoditized to standard values: items not only have different values to different buyers and sellers, but the sellers and buyers have different levels of motivation. Like the real world.

There are several ways to trade. One is to undercut by the minimum amount and constantly refresh, undercutting to get your items placed first in the queue without giving up profit. This is high maintenance as people will constantly undercut you in return. Another way is to undercut by a large enough amount to discourage people from competing. You take less profit, but you sell quicker if you can convince people to let you be first in line while they wait for a larger profit. Both forms of trading are valid and have different users to traders.

Some people blindly undercut no matter what. This lets you manipulate them into taking losses. As others have said, you can always buy out the goods and relist if you want to spend your time daytrading instead of doing other things. Of course, if you don't think it's worth your time to daytrade, then the market is probably working: you consider the error in the market pricing to be too small to make a profit.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to every mmo ever?

People have every right to undercut you. If you don't like it then buy their items and relist them
    Oh and calling people kids for undercutting says a lot more about you
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Even with all the "undercutting" prices are still outrageous. I personally can't afford 800k AD on exquisite shirt/pants
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unfortunatly it only works for the popular classes...gwf t2 gear - at least the 1 set that everybody wants - its pretty expensive
  • brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting. I'm a kid for undercutting and using "allowance" to buy AD. Hmmm.

I think my birth year of 1974 and that big fat college degree i used to get my large paycheck, what you call "allowance", may disagree with you.

So what if i undercut? Oh boy do i undercut. I'm talking big time undercutting. I do it to sell. Don't like it? Tough titty son.

Buy it from me and resell it higher.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could you maybe undercutt on some avatar of war set items? that would be lovely
    edited May 2013

Give it some time for supply to increase and you'll get your wish :D
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

NEVERWINTER AH

Someone doesn't understand economics. Do you know why prices have dropped so low? It's not that people are undercutting by extreme prices. Look at epics that go for 8,000 astral diamonds. You will see that some are 8000, others are 7,999 just as you said. They didn't get this low because people are undercutting by a stupid degree. They got this low because there's more supply than demand. I'll help you out since you've been so "kind" to get the truth out there.

Check out this link..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Give it some time for supply to increase and you'll get your wish :D

the problem is, most of these items were created through cheesing and exploits...t2 bosses - if you do em right - are insanly hard, thats why prices on some items are rather increasing...especially if that class has only 1 viable set
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Everyone needs to just calm down. You're missing the point of the original post. Allow me to translate...

"Hi. I'm really upset because you people are killing my overpriced auctions and attempts to gouge other players out of their AD. Please stop being reasonable in your auctions."

My answer to you sir and your request to not undercut...um...no, I will not. I actually take great pleasure in undercutting those overpriced auctions.
    edited May 2013
    the problem is, most of these items were created through cheesing and exploits...t2 bosses - if you do em right - are insanly hard, thats why prices on some items are rather increasing...especially if that class has only 1 viable set

I feel like only Frozen Heart has questionable tuning at this point. Spell Plague and Karrundax are reasonably easy once you actually make it to the last bosses. I have yet to try the new Temple of the Spider but it doesn't sound too bad, except maybe harder for a double DC group.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the thing is some people want to make money off AH, while some give items away literally for free or tiny handout.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ah good undercutting is how to do just fine on the market. If I saw this and wanted to post my item I would post if for 2.5 Million Always I undercut and make good money in AH's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I always hated when I saw this in WoW. I would always make sure to buy the more expensive one, rather than the "I undercut by 1c!" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

And yeah, when I posted stuff there, I always undercut by an appreciable amount - either enough to make sure my sale went through fast (where things were a "regular" price) or with a huge undercut when I thought that the price had been manipulated up to something absurd (like when pvp twinkers had X9 green lowbie gear on the AH for hundreds of gold, when it shouldn't have been more than 5-10.)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It's the law of supply and demand.. if something has more supply than demand then the price would obviously come down while the reverse is true.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Unlikely, not taking GWF to events + those items not actually dropping from bosses = no chest generated pieces = they're extremely rare.

I ended up buying my hands after going 0/54 on Karrundax and never seeing anything but BoP, CW, or DC gear drop from the bosses. I did get plenty of the other T2 sets though, only problem is that unlike TR (whose sets are generally the same with different 4p bonuses) our sets are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/kind of ok
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in your AH. Undercutting your prices!