test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Hot Topics of the Live Open Beta - Help Make an even better Neverwinter.

13»

Comments

• hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    *Request sticky* :)
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Please list the top 5 4E playable races you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 5 races here, thanks!

Drow, Eladrin, Dragonborn

2. PVP vs PvE vs Foundry. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

80% PvE 20% Foundry (pre-60)
    50% PvE 50 % Foundry (post-60)

3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you? In two sentences or less, please describe what you'd like to see included to make guilds even more organized than they are now in Neverwinter.

Change the way they're created. It's complicated and confusing to a lot of people, especially compared with other MMOs.

4. Please list the top 12 4E playable classes you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 classes here, thanks!

Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Bard, Shaman, Invoker, Ardent, Battlemind, Runepriest, Artificer, Swordmage, Monk

5. The Road to the End Game - XP and area level caps. Do you think XP rewards should be lowered, and area caps increased to allow more questing, without outleveling areas? A longer road to 60 would allow more Foundry play and guild play. Please choose an XP

2. 50% of the xp reward currently granted (and lower exp from invoking)

6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

Quest rewards and items that have been equipped should be bound (pretty standard). Others should not be, especially potions.

7. Do you have a pnp D&D background? Wether your background is PnP, DDO or Neverwinter Nights, how do you see yourself fitting in, in NW so far?

Have played versions 1-4. I like the story, but I'd like to see some more rp going on (although that's something up to the players). It might be nice to have an rp-based event of a short duration (1 week or less)

8. Foundry. For you designers out there, has the Foundry excited you? What do you see that you like, and what do you see that's missing? Please keep answers tight, 6 sentences tops.

I'm not a designer, but I would like to thank them for some really nice work. That's what's going to keep me coming back for more.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game.

Hands down the Foundry. Also the little periodic events - catch the spy, find the relic, etc.

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

Cleric aggro, particularly in dungeons. Actually, I think it's more of a dungeon issue. I can walk into a room in Cloak Tower in normal with my 60 cleric and aggro stuff from across the room. My 24 CW has to stand there for a bit before that happens. Outside, the 17 orcs largely ignore both of them because the aggro range is small. Couple that with your heals only healing you for just over half of what you heal everyone else and potions getting used without healing and clerics largely become a nightmare to play.
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    let's go ahead and give this a bump.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only going to answer the points that I actually have much of an opinion about.. so..

5. The Road to the End Game

Levelling is a little too fast at the moment, but it is always good to feel that you are actively achieving something, grind for the sake of grind, is depressing, so I would say that 75% of current values would be ideal.

6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

In a perfect world, I would suggest that items be bound to account more than anything else, though that would of course require an account bank. At the moment there is too much Bind on Equip, and there needs to be more Bind on Pickup

7. How do you see yourself fitting in, in NW so far?

I really enjoy the game so far, it is a shame that my GWF has had to retire due to the overwhelming 'meh' that people have about GWF's in groups and make way for a flavour of the month wozzid.

8. Foundry. For you designers out there, has the Foundry excited you?

I love the foundry editor, compared to the STO editor, I've found it to be much more fluid and friendly, and I look forward to future updates that bring us more options as to how we design UGC.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game.

The fluidity of combat

10. #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

I think that currently, the AD prices of little things, are too high, making very restrictive choices, lower the cost of things like removing runes to promote more customization.

Bonus:

The ability to report players ingame for things like name violations or abusive behaviour in a more dynamic way, the current "report spam" is good, but not always what the option that you need.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its BACK! Come on baby, let's do the Twist!!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Dragonborn, Eladrin, Goliath, Shifter, and Genasi

2. 50/50 PVE and Foundry

3. No opinion

4. Ranger, Sorcerer, Paladin, Barbarian, Druid, Bard, Warlock, Warlord, Monk, Psion, Avenger, Artificer, Swordmage

5. XP should stay right where its at, I want to charge to 60 as fast as possible!

6. Bound should only be on items specifically that aren't meant to be traded, and that should be used extremely sparingly. Most items in the game, given the economy, should be unbound and available for trade. This helps those short on time but not money get what they need from the folks with time but no money and vice versa.

7. I have a strong background in PNP D&D including 4E, and longtime MMO player. So far the game is pretty good, but how well and how long I fit in will depend on how quickly and how well Cryptic gets fixes out for the major issues in the game. Its tough, these have to come in a timely manner, but also be of good quality, not an easy order, but one they will have to fill.

8. There are a few threads on additions requested for the foundry, but mostly making the 3d modelling tools easier to use would be my main request. Maybe be able to place items from within the map, not just from the editor. Also something smoother than having to coordinate map (especially y axis) everything to keep it from floating in mid air, or being under the playing level on multilevel maps. Oh and the ability to simultaneously select both where on the map I want to load for testing AND what phase of the story. Presently I have to first pick what phase of the quest story I want to play from, load, return to foundry, then designate where on the map, and reload.

9. Action combat, foundry, control wizard.

10. Half of everything (feats, powers, set bonuses, synergies amongst them) all not working, and paying to respec trying to workaround that.

Bonus: More monitoring, flagging suspicious transactions or any numbers that appear way outside margin for normal variance (like characters dealing millions of damage). Continue to make responses targeted as possible, or rollbacks like the last one, minimal. Address problems with a scalpel not a sledgehammer.
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Soooo. I'd like to amend some of my previous post.

1. Eladrin and Dragonborn because they are what is left from the players handbook 1, Gensai Because they are from the Forgotten Realm's Players Guide, and Deva and Shifter from the Players Handbook 2 because they are mentioned in the Forgotten Realms Players Guide under Other Races section.

2. Mostly PvE with a fair bit of foundry thrown in.

3. Guild features are very important to me. I'd really like to see things like guild halls , guild competitions and guild quests. Also an easier way for guildies to donate AD toward guild projects like increasing guild bank space and such.

4. Bard, Battlemind, Druid, Swordmage, Psion, Warden, Monk, Barbarian, Invoker, Paladin, Ranger, Warlock in this order and the specific builds I'd prefer listed below:

Rageblood Barbarian who uses polearms and rage.
    Swarm Druid who shifts into a mass of biting insects.
    Earth Warden armed with warpicks, shields and the power over the earth.
    Avenging Paladin wielding a shield and flail.
    Malediction Invoker with staff in hand calls down divine energies.
    Valorous Bard with a songblade on their hip and a lute/lyre on their back.
    Scourge Warlock for fire and necrotic energies sputtering from their pact blades.
    Shielding Swordmage Longsword in one hand and a parry dagger in the other.
    Telepathic Psion armed with staves and mind bullets.
    Stone Fist Monk with their psionically charged Ki Focuses and unarmed strikes.
    Resiliant Battlemind uses their psionic powers to strengthen their spears and shields.
    Archer Ranger because, well, bows.

5. 1. I think you get to 60 way to fast. Also being able to disable XP gain would be nice.

6. Items that bind on equip keeps the market from being flooded. I do think that the need/greed system should be re-worked to make it so you can't need on an item you can't use and if you do hit need on an item it automatically becomes bound so as to keep classes from just hitting need on their class items to sell.

7. I have a pretty full PnP background. I like what they have done so far with NW. Key words in that is "so far".

8. I LOVE the foundry. Would be nice if it had an offline mode so you could work while the game is down. Also being able to create proper boss fights.

9. Future Potential. Not exactly a feature but that is what has me the most excited about this game. it's future potential.

10. PvE being negatively affected by PvP balance concerns. Trying to balance for both almost always ruins both.

Bonus: No Opinion.