Comments

• elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution, works:

To fix this for those with Avast:

Open the Avast client
    In the 'Maintenance' tab click on 'Virus Chest' in the menu on the left
    Right click on 'Neverwinter.exe' and select 'Restore'
    In the 'Security' tab click on 'Antivirus' in the menu on the left, then 'File System Shield' in that menu
    Click on 'Settings' and then 'Exclusions' in the menu of the window that pops up
    In the text box, add the path to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios) then click 'Add'
    Navigate to your instal folder and recreate your game shortcut, or simply execute Neverwinter.exe from that folder. Avast should no longer check the file
  • xmezzzzzzzzzzzzxxmezzzzzzzzzzzzx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowmatic wrote: »
    I didn't have to patch anything. I just restored the launcher, excepted the game folder from scanning, and I was able to get right in. I'm curious; do you guys who are now downloading gigs have streaming disabled?

I have streaming Disabled but i didn't see it patch
  • abandinusabandinus Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping ppl are smart enough to realize the major risk downloading from a 3rd party source, seeing as its not dificult to embed a keylogger into it and then just hijack your account.

Yea I would hope so too.
  • xmezzzzzzzzzzzzxxmezzzzzzzzzzzzx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abandinus wrote: »
    Yea I would hope so too.

Its scary how easy it is especially with bigger things like programs
  • eroliveerolive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted in other thread that i am having a launcher problem, the launcher starts ok, but when i try to login, it gives (Too many attempts, try again later), with any login that i try, so, the problem isnt with my login, anyone can help me out with this?

I dont have avast.
    I am executing the game as admin, with compatibility, my firewall is disabled and all that **** required for the game to run, everything was working perfectly until today.
  • statx805statx805 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well, im at 40% of this 4 gigs. I'll just have to play later. Thanks guys, figured it was something dumb like avast/windows update. See ya in game :)
  • elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution, works:

Open the Avast client
    In the 'Security' tab click on 'Antivirus' in the menu on the left, then 'File System Shield' in that menu
    Click on 'Settings' and then 'Exclusions' in the menu of the window that pops up
    In the text box, add the path to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios) then click 'Add'
    Navigate to your instal folder and recreate your game shortcut, or simply execute Neverwinter.exe from that folder. Avast should no longer check the file
    edited May 2013
    erolive wrote: »
    I posted in other thread that i am having a launcher problem, the launcher starts ok, but when i try to login, it gives (Too many attempts, try again later), with any login that i try, so, the problem isnt with my login, anyone can help me out with this?

I dont have avast.
    I am executing the game as admin, with compatibility, my firewall is disabled and all that **** required for the game to run, everything was working perfectly until today.

Do you run another anti-virus program?
  • eroliveerolive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, MSE, but MSE doesnt have any problem with Neverwinter.
    and it doesnt block connection, i didnt have any files deleted as people here did...
  • krisb45krisb45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution, works:

Open the Avast client

Worked, thanks.

Just got home and tried to launch, then Avast started acting up.
    For some reason Avast moved everything from "Program Files" to "Users".

derp
    edited May 2013
    krisb45 wrote: »
    Worked, thanks.

Just got home and tried to launch, then Avast started acting up.
    For some reason Avast moved everything from "Program Files" to "Users".

derp

Users > public > games is the default install for WIN7 for this game AFAIK
    edited May 2013
    erolive wrote: »
    Yes, MSE, but MSE doesnt have any problem with Neverwinter.
    and it doesnt block connection, i didnt have any files deleted as people here did...

well your posting here so your internet is fine lol .... :p

Hmm just keeping timing out eh?

Have you had any windows updates recently? Even optional ones?
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Using avast!, I restored the .exe and stopped the avast! service using admin rights, ran the .exe, and then started the avast! services after splash page opened from .exe.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those with Vista, Win7, Win8 (I assume it has the same file hierarchy)
    Path to add to Exclusions in Avast
    (Drive Letter):\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios
    (Drive Letter) = C or D or E whatever your core main drive is
  • bigbradfordbigbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same situation.... like wtf

Went directly to the install directory and opened gameclient manually, now when I try to log in it's saying "Connecting to the account server..." and disconnecting after a few minnutes...
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials and did a windows update yesterday and there is no new updates today. So it has nothing to do with a windows update so it is entirely Avast causing this. Just do what others have posted to fix this and instead of posting first saying you have an issue, read the posts first.
  • lolosaur2001lolosaur2001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to Settings - Cloud Services and disable the two boxes. After this it should work. You don't have to add the game to exceptions or block any shields. Hope this works.
  • krisb45krisb45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Users > public > games is the default install for WIN7 for this game AFAIK

Unless it changed back to the default path during the initial installation, I originally put it in Program Files.

I know Win 7 can be finicky with some games, in the past I had to create a new folder because it kept flagging European/Russian developed games bought off Gamers Gate as malware.
    edited May 2013
    HELLO, i told before, i DONT have avast installed.
  • tweech1999tweech1999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, I was able to get my game working again using these steps.

Open the Avast client
  • pyrorik2pyrorik2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I uninstalled Neverwinter, then i searched if there were other files still hanging around. Turned out there was still a Neverwinter launcher icon, pressed it. And launcher 'launched', it works fine now. It patches 4200 MB of files, but it works (i hope it will still works when it's done patching)
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been here, done that...

That's one weird thing happening to me with this game o.O

Tonight, out of 5hrs of trying to play the game, I managed to clear TotS and 3 PvP matches. Rest of the time I spent DCing and trying to get back in, then playing the neverending ping-pong game in PvP...

Anyway, I still need 1 more PvP match for my Daily...
  • kane856kane856 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got up (07:30 in the UK) shifted the Neverwinter.exe out of the vault and back to it's normal location, fired it up with Avast running as normal and BINGO the launcher started, I logged in (couldn't log into the forums last night oddly), it's patched and loaded the character screen, both characters are there, loaded one of them up and I'm in :)
  • kalgakkalgak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) don't panic
    2) RTFM (aka: message 41) for solution :)
    3) uninstall avast and install a not bloatware AV (e.g.: nod32)
  • danroudanrou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if you don't see the launcher but it stills run in the processes just: run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Cryptic studios>Delete cryptic launcer.this should do the trick