A game of Wizards & Rogues.

2»

Comments

• pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Hmm

​Astral Seal, Brand of the sun!
    ​Astral Shield, Chains of Blazing light/Daunting light, Healing word
    ​Hammer of the faith/whatever else you want.

Always have a hot running, drop a shield fast, kite in it.. Move alot, chains for the melee lockdown, move.. pew pew.. kaboom with Hammer. I usually get 1,2,3 in my pug teams. I don't get a heap of kills but a ton of assists. Move with your team. If you really getting hammered drop a Divinity HW, Move.. Did I mention standing still is bad?

In saying that 2v1 with CW an TR on you.. you will probs get CC'd n exploded to death.. 1v1 I can almost hold my own with 8k GS
  • pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Hmm

• karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I can 1v1 most wizards and rogues if I don't get caught with my pants down. Break the Spirit is key. It is a huge damage debuff on the enemy. Will let you survive the crazy CW and TR dailies at which point they probably won't be able to kill you before you kill them.

I run brand of the sun and astral seal
    Sun burst (AP generation and the knock-back is key for taking points), Astral shield, break the spirit
    Hammer (amazing single target damage) and Hallowed Ground.

Tenacity and healer's lore for passives. Full healing tree. I gear for recovery > power > defense > crit. I have a lesser holy avenger enchant and a negation enchant. When the 2 of those go off at the same time and you're standing in astral shield you are nigh invulnerable.
  • katanakamisamakatanakamisama Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archsteel1 wrote: »
    I agree entirely. Clerics are incapable of getting kills in PVP. Now of course going to into PVP as a healing class and expecting to do a lot of damage is a little idiotic... But healing gives you absolutely nothing in PVP. Instead of making the cleric do more damage I think they need to make the cleric get points in PVP for healing.

Have you ever pvp'd? A "Kill" is just the last kick, or whoever hit last (if the player does Shift + 2 while in down) I've seen cleric's with 20+ "kills" that they got by running over and stealing from a rogue. What you MEAN to say is cleric doesn't deal high dmg (shocker). Its SUPPOSED to be a heal/support class any dmg on top is just bonus incidental dmg. I'd say this is the ONE class that is fairly balanced for pvp right now. Granted I've never actually played one, but I've fought them, and 1 v 1 a good cleric never dies, so if you can't force the enemy to 2 v 1 you... you're just bad or have the wrong build.

The role of a support character is not to be the "Glory Monger" your role is to keep the rest of the team alive. I find it completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when a team in pvp has 1 cleric and he runs of to solo cap the back point, leaving the 4 dmg dealers in mid to die... back capping is a rogue/fighters job, clerics belong WITH the team. You stay on point, heal your allies, and you'll win. I've seen it hundreds of times. I agree that clerics need a "point gain" method maybe getting assists for kills by players with a HoT running on them... but honestly pvp is a team game.. why do you care who's on top in points? I've played matches, where if you look at the "scoreboard" the enemy was the top half and my team was the bottom half... we still won by half a bar... scoreboard points =/= win just saying.

P.S. if you're one of those clerics that drops that chains AoE, and then stand in melee range... I understand why you'd come on the forums and q.q about cleric being weak...
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when a team in pvp has 1 cleric and he runs of to solo cap the back point, leaving the 4 dmg dealers in mid to die...
    Because it helps so much to get instagibbed while the 'team' is scattered around fighting 1 v 1 to see who has the bigger E Peen?
    You should maybe take a more practical view, than the oooooooooooooo soooooooooooooo common: U dum L2P u sux

EDIT - and nevermind that the 'team' is usually 2, maybe 3, players + AFK + bots, I suppose.
    NW PvP is a series of 1 v 1 duels taking place in a 5 v 5 area with bots/AFK + some players
  • djibouti262djibouti262 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    P.S. if you're one of those clerics that drops that chains AoE, and then stand in melee range... I understand why you'd come on the forums and q.q about cleric being weak...[/QUOTE

I am assuming you are taking in account if a Cleric, Rogue, Or Wizard uses their dodge through those chains not only do they not apply, they do no damage they disappear. Oh, GF facing the chains on the ground with their block up can cancel them as well with no harmful effect. I myself don't use the skill in pvp. I just wanted to display it's short comings in a pvp setting.
  • djibouti262djibouti262 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Main a gwf. Preform fine in both pve and pvp. Currently sitting about 10.5k gs. Friends main GF and Cleric. We steamroll 60 pvp. Currently raising my CW lvl 50. Problem isn't the class. It's the player. Always has been.

How do you know in the matches your in your going against other 3 man premades with 2 randoms? To account for "player skill"
  • mamorukmamoruk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as someone who's come in top 3 multiple times in PVP, ranging from 1st to 3rd, as a cleric i can tell you that the class performs swimmingly as long as you play it right. know your combo's and how to use your divination. You are not the one who's supposed to be getting all the kills, you are there to assist. And by god can you assist. i usually don't get less than 30 assists per match, assist in damage and CC and keep everyone alive on the capture points. then help them make the captures.
    edited May 2013
    mamoruk wrote: »
    as someone who's come in top 3 multiple times in PVP, ranging from 1st to 3rd, as a cleric i can tell you that the class performs swimmingly as long as you play it right. know your combo's and how to use your divination. You are not the one who's supposed to be getting all the kills, you are there to assist. And by god can you assist. i usually don't get less than 30 assists per match, assist in damage and CC and keep everyone alive on the capture points. then help them make the captures.

Assists huh? I myself have gotten first place many times. I haven't ascended to such heights getting there on assists alone. You speak of captures. I get first place taking capture points on disorganized teams. If teams respond correctly, the way they should tell me how you get first place riding on assists, when kills near points is 50 points for the kill and 100 points for defending the point or assaulting the point. Not to sound jerky, but that is a 5 to 1 point ratio. 25 points for a assist or 150 points for a killing blow near a capture point.That is a tough spread to beat.
  • mamorukmamoruk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didn't say i get 1st place on assists alone i'm saying i constantly get top 3 ranging from 1st-3rd. its a combination of assists and captures, and while its only 25 points it adds up. yes you're not gonna keep up with 1 person if they're getting all the kills but they add up. it averages out to be about 20% 1st place, 20% 2nd and about 60% 3rd place.