test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A game of Wizards & Rogues.

djibouti262djibouti262 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The pvp is lacking any legitimacy. I am playing a cleric and currently lv 47 and I feel like I can already see my future.

I am attempt to go for a DMG/Support build. Before any cries come out for astral shield it won't change my situation.

I feel more or less the paragon trees for the cleric class had little thought put into them. I feel that my dmg skills are just useless and most of them unsupported by any paragon tree. Here is a reason why. The 3 melee classes have the Core stats Str/Con/Dex Focusing on Str & Dex gives them higher inherit Dot Res & Deflection. So doing dmg with any Dot do I go through the Deflection chance first ? Then Dot res ... Then their Defense?

Control Wizards have their dmg stat & Stamina Regen on the same stat. How awesome. Not only do they have the most control they have the most Dodging on hand as well. I watched my friend do his dodge 3 times as quickly as possible in a row and had a 4th one ready by the time his bar was drained just for me to see. That was in the 40's.

Question: Why does clerics have a feat for Armor Penetration if there is no pvp gear that even has the stat on it?

Games without out good class balance hold no legitimacy with hardcore players & general audiences alike. Cryptic look at this carefully.
Post edited by djibouti262 on

Comments

• vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hello subhuman, http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard .

Pay attention to the charts.

Think about armor penetration while you're at it if you're capable of that.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously cant you wait until lvl 60. Clerics make a huge difference to a team.

I have had matches where the other team has a cleric and you have to split them to take nodes. 2 clerics stacking just walk away.

Added: also good to note that they have to be focused fired down. That means when they are on your side you can focus on the opposite dps who are not attacking you ..... and they heal. So many times when i end up one on one as a CW i have to wait for help to kill them.

And i am a geared CW
  • sokocansokocan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what does it mean when it says + 51 power on my dagger?
  • djibouti262djibouti262 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greetings,

I have seen those charts and it's wrong. Make one for yourself and look at the ability scores in game before linking me a page that has incorrect info.
  • djibouti262djibouti262 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Hello subhuman, http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard .

Pay attention to the charts.

Think about armor penetration while you're at it if you're capable of that.

I do have the armor Penetration Feat. Also, None of the pvp gear has the stat on it. The link you posted is false info. Make a CW and check out the stats in game, but hey, what would I know. I only sit feet away from the CW I play with.

Good day sir.
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »

I have had matches where the other team has a cleric and you have to split them to take nodes. 2 clerics stacking just walk away.

Added: also good to note that they have to be focused fired down. That means when they are on your side you can focus on the opposite dps who are not attacking you ..... and they heal. So many times when i end up one on one as a CW i have to wait for help to kill them.

And i am a geared CW

My point and I will stress it again in CLEAR terms. There is no good DMG/Support build in the paragon trees. With only being able to select 3 encounter powers your only real route of going is HEAL HEAVY. The damage abilites they have are a joke. What I am trying to attempt is going in with only one ability that heals and the rest being supportive in the function that they do dmg and some other effect like a short term buff or debuff. Yes I can do A heal and it's really not enough to turn the tide of a major fight. It's more of a filler to out play them on the damage race.

And what you described to me about the two clerics.... Are you saying you're upset because you can't 2v1? With what you described that is what it sounds like.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Greetings,

I have seen those charts and it's wrong. Make one for yourself and look at the ability scores in game before linking me a page that has incorrect info.

You're a moron.

Str: Stamina Regen and DoT Damage Resist
    Con: Max HP
    Dex: AOE Damage Resist and Deflection Chance
    Int: Damage Bonus and Recharge Speed Increase
    Wis: Recharge Speed Increase, Action Point Gain, Control Bonus and Control Resist
    Cha: Critical Chance, Companion Stat Advantage and Combat Advantage Damage

This is taken from in game as of 5/24/2013. What more do you need, a giant picture that shows how wrong you are? I can go take a screen shot on my Wiz if you REALLY want to be embarrassed that badly.

Wizard's teleport takes up approximately 30% of their stamina bar. It regens at a static rate. This means you can teleport 3 times in rapid succession but not "be ready for teleport #4 right after." There's approximately a 4-6 second delay before you can fit in the fourth. Teleport is also somewhat bugged where if you don't take one step between teleports you can bug it out and you will do the teleport animation in place and use zero stamina (but still wasting time while the animation goes on).
    nwsignature.jpg
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    The pvp is lacking any legitimacy. I am playing a cleric and currently lv 47 and I feel like I can already see my future.

I am attempt to go for a DMG/Support build. Before any cries come out for astral shield it won't change my situation.

I feel more or less the paragon trees for the cleric class had little thought put into them. I feel that my dmg skills are just useless and most of them unsupported by any paragon tree. Here is a reason why. The 3 melee classes have the Core stats Str/Con/Dex Focusing on Str & Dex gives them higher inherit Dot Res & Deflection. So doing dmg with any Dot do I go through the Deflection chance first ? Then Dot res ... Then their Defense?

Control Wizards have their dmg stat & Stamina Regen on the same stat. How awesome. Not only do they have the most control they have the most Dodging on hand as well. I watched my friend do his dodge 3 times as quickly as possible in a row and had a 4th one ready by the time his bar was drained just for me to see. That was in the 40's.

Question: Why does clerics have a feat for Armor Penetration if there is no pvp gear that even has the stat on it?

Games without out good class balance hold no legitimacy with hardcore players & general audiences alike. Cryptic look at this carefully.

I agree entirely. Clerics are incapable of getting kills in PVP. Now of course going to into PVP as a healing class and expecting to do a lot of damage is a little idiotic... But healing gives you absolutely nothing in PVP. Instead of making the cleric do more damage I think they need to make the cleric get points in PVP for healing.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    And die in a blink of an eye to all TRs and CWs unless there is 2 of them on stacked AS.
    Don't you think there is something wrong where you need TWO healers to even stand a chance against a single DPS class?
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    And die in a blink of an eye to all TRs and CWs unless there is 2 of them on stacked AS.
    Don't you think there is something wrong where you need TWO healers to even stand a chance against a single DPS class?

Not sure about this. I mean if a daily is up sure you can get a nice start on a healer. It really all depends on the player, the feats they took and the gear they have on. At 60 some can be killed really fast. But that is usually because they have a low gs. Other times you can be beating on one for a lot longer than the average player. Their offense is lacking but with that kind of healing power if they had offense to match a TR or CW they would be indestructible. The cleric in this game is designed as a support roll. I think it could use some adjusting in pve but would be very careful about making too many adjustments just for the sake of pvp.
  • faethor70faethor70 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like an option for more knockdowns in the cleric damage tree or a % chance after a heal to offer the healed an added chance of knocking down someone else, not knocking them half way across the map. I had 1 warrior that did nothing but spam knockdowns on me the whole map. I applaud him for doing his job well and not changing to do something else. However I had no counter for such a thing. Then I would have the ole CC mage trick dangle in the air til u die gig. My self heals are ****, I feel a counter for these options for the cleric would be nice and as posted the heals suck with the damage being dealt in pvp. I feel we should have a heavy heal and the HoTs and some kind of resistance/counters to these neverending attacks.
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    You're a moron.

Str: Stamina Regen and DoT Damage Resist
    Con: Max HP
    Dex: AOE Damage Resist and Deflection Chance
    Int: Damage Bonus and Recharge Speed Increase
    Wis: Recharge Speed Increase, Action Point Gain, Control Bonus and Control Resist
    Cha: Critical Chance, Companion Stat Advantage and Combat Advantage Damage

This is taken from in game as of 5/24/2013. What more do you need, a giant picture that shows how wrong you are? I can go take a screen shot on my Wiz if you REALLY want to be embarrassed that badly.

Wizard's teleport takes up approximately 30% of their stamina bar. It regens at a static rate. This means you can teleport 3 times in rapid succession but not "be ready for teleport #4 right after." There's approximately a 4-6 second delay before you can fit in the fourth. Teleport is also somewhat bugged where if you don't take one step between teleports you can bug it out and you will do the teleport animation in place and use zero stamina (but still wasting time while the animation goes on).

I checked and it appears you're correct, however there was a point back around 3rd beta weekend this wasn't the case. I would go back and look to see when, but the fact remains it's no longer that way and makes the point in doing so void.

There is 2 issues I would like to tackle in your response. First being the diatribe you started with. Though It was lacking flavor I still managed somehow to find it quaint. 2nd being your assumptions. Does everyone who gets correct automatically embarrassed by default? And your last assumptions about being a dumb consumer? Ummm how can you be a consumer of a free to play game? Isn't that a choice you choose to play this Free to play game over any others? And if you're a founder or Hero of the north is it possible you made a donation to the game? Thus making you a supporter of the project.
    edited May 2013
    Not sure about this. I mean if a daily is up sure you can get a nice start on a healer. It really all depends on the player, the feats they took and the gear they have on. At 60 some can be killed really fast. But that is usually because they have a low gs. Other times you can be beating on one for a lot longer than the average player. Their offense is lacking but with that kind of healing power if they had offense to match a TR or CW they would be indestructible. The cleric in this game is designed as a support roll. I think it could use some adjusting in pve but would be very careful about making too many adjustments just for the sake of pvp.

Most of clerics who choose not to go heal heavy (meaning you take 2 or 3 encounter powers that all heal) and asking for damage increase are doing so for one reason. We just want to be competitive. I don't think people are understanding if you only choose one encounter power that heals and keep in mind it's 40% less to the user not only that you have a 10+ second cooldown before the next use. Our damage in pvp is so low you can't be competitive at all really and it's pretty lame when you know you out play the other person by a lot and you die and they still 70% health left over even though yes you can heal!!
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is 2 issues I would like to tackle in your response. First being the diatribe you started with. Though It was lacking flavor I still managed somehow to find it quaint. 2nd being your assumptions. Does everyone who gets correct automatically embarrassed by default? And your last assumptions about being a dumb consumer? Ummm how can you be a consumer of a free to play game? Isn't that a choice you choose to play this Free to play game over any others? And if you're a founder or Hero of the north is it possible you made a donation to the game? Thus making you a supporter of the project.

First, it seems like someone has a word of the day calendar. It's not impressive. If it had not bothered you, you would had not brought it up again.

Second, your over insistence that you were correct and that people should go check it in game when in fact you were the one who needed to check it out in game was embarrassing. If you don't feel embarrassed then that really says a lot more about your character than anything else you could say.

Finally, you are a consumer because you are using a product provided by someone else for personal use. The price of this product is subsidized by the company. This is done for a variety of reasons, one of which being you're there to provide social content (IE: available for social group tasks, contribute to the auction house/market/economy, and in general make the world feel populated). When people willingly ignore the obvious facts of said product they are choosing to be ignorant and dumb. By any standard set previously or currently the game was released and even their parent company has stated the game is released (as seen in my signature). Something about pissing on my leg and telling me it's the rain.
    nwsignature.jpg
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    First, it seems like someone has a word of the day calendar. It's not impressive. If it had not bothered you, you would had not brought it up again.

Second, your over insistence that you were correct and that people should go check it in game when in fact you were the one who needed to check it out in game was embarrassing. If you don't feel embarrassed then that really says a lot more about your character than anything else you could say.

It didn't bother me in the slightest. Have you given any thought into what you are typing? Or more so what you've read? I brought it up again, on the grounds I was wrong and I gave my concessions in doing so. You're critical thinking skills could you some polishing.

Second, I am still failing to see what there is embarrassed about. You're expressing your view that in cases of being wrong you SHOULD be embarrassed. Not informed, or enlightened, or made aware. So we are running into a difference of opinion on a such a mute subject.
    edited May 2013
    Finally, you are a consumer because you are using a product provided by someone else for personal use. The price of this product is subsidized by the company. This is done for a variety of reasons, one of which being you're there to provide social content (IE: available for social group tasks, contribute to the auction house/market/economy, and in general make the world feel populated). When people willingly ignore the obvious facts of said product they are choosing to be ignorant and dumb. By any standard set previously or currently the game was released and even their parent company has stated the game is released (as seen in my signature). Something about pissing on my leg and telling me it's the rain.[/QUOTE]

con
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archsteel1 wrote: »
    I agree entirely. Clerics are incapable of getting kills in PVP. Now of course going to into PVP as a healing class and expecting to do a lot of damage is a little idiotic... But healing gives you absolutely nothing in PVP. Instead of making the cleric do more damage I think they need to make the cleric get points in PVP for healing.

Clerics can get kills if you build for it even keeping astral shield. They just serve a better function by sacrificing damage and focusing on cleansing and debuffing.

I seem to remember the first game at 60, before I went more healing focused, I went 17-0. I'd like to focus on damage again, but honestly, it is way too expensive to gear out a second set with damage runes and enchants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013

****, Clerics do more damage than GWF with or without armor pen.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

The anti-dps class is the guardian fighter. Good luck finding one. I heard they are an endangered species.
  • bekurebekure Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this game gear based or is player skill the determining factor in PvP? I just downloaded it and have only gotten to level 7.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bekure wrote: »
    Is this game gear based or is player skill the determining factor in PvP? I just downloaded it and have only gotten to level 7.

On the boards here it's flame-based, where clerics want to be top damage dealers and most losers cry 'nerf the class that beat me'.

In the game it's both.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't pay attention to the forum. The forum are full of terrible players who shouldn't be pvping at all in a game like this. They are the type of players who are bad at first person shooters and bad at games that have builds.

The game is very skill based and also gear dependent. Skills can overcome gears though. Many times where my party were getting destroyed in the kills department, but we end up winning the match because we had better teamwork.

I know players that can play any class and do extremely well with them because we're just better than the majority. It's just like in real life. There will always be people who cries wolf and complain that they get the shorter end of the stick even though it's their own stupidity that allowed it.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Player skill is determining victory factor, where about 60% of the skill is the right class pick at character creation.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's class based, with gear modifiers.
    Rogue and CW dominate, regardless of skill level of player, regardless of build.
    If you are fantastically skilled as something else, with entire focus of build on PvP, you can do all right.
  • quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think the answer is clear...

This game is all about Wiz and rogues. End of story.
    Forget about any other classes your working on, it's completely useless! Especially in dungeons!
    Sure, the "Shield user" is great. But has weak hits. Sure the cleric can heal...but what's the point when your getting pwned by mobs and can only strikeback with weak none aoe spells? The fighter(2handed)...useless. Unless you want to bring a million potions with you.(just make sure you check the unforgiving price tag on those)! o.O
    Am I missing something? Nope.
    Just make a wizard or a rogue. They'll reply to my statement with sarcasm and such, but try it for yourselves.(new players) and you will quickly see my point. Bring each class to level 20. Then make your choice. Think you'll quickly discover what class pwns in this game. Especially when all your friends are making wiz and rogues and NOT telling you why.(just keep that in mind).
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quoisky wrote: »
    Just make a wizard or a rogue. They'll reply to my statement with sarcasm and such, but try it for yourselves.(new players) and you will quickly see my point. Bring each class to level 20.
    Nah, no sarcasm here.
    100% +1
    Everyone knows it's true.
    Let the L2P idiots slander away. They either never played any other classes, or are simply lying.
    I have a lvl 60 cleric doing epics, but it is basically shelved for the time being.
    Playing a CW now, and the game is actually enjoyable; rather than frustrating, abusive, and down right anger inducing.
    edited May 2013
    gomok72 wrote: »
    ****, Clerics do more damage than GWF with or without armor pen.

From what I've encountered both in dungeons, but more so in pvp you're right. GWF dmg is less than flattering. I do tip my hat to all the GWF's out there at the higher levels that still queue into pvp knowing there is a high likely hood they will be greeted by a grim fate, yet meet it with a warriors resolve. I hope the gods (DEVS) will hear their cries for help and answer their prayers.

I would also like to take the time to thank everyone no matter which side of the fence you're on for help cultivating this debate. Also thanks to Lerdocix, XunXan, Quoisky, Archsteel1. I thought you guys brought some really great points of view that really stretched across the spectrum of the game. Keep up the great work!
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real issue and fundamental flaw in this game is that crowd control from all classes has no diminishing returns in PVP. Add in some CC DR to all classes oh and also give clerics more scoreboard points for healing and it will change this game ALOT for the better.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quoisky wrote: »
    Think the answer is clear...

This game is all about Wiz and rogues. End of story.
    Forget about any other classes your working on, it's completely useless! Especially in dungeons!
    Sure, the "Shield user" is great. But has weak hits. Sure the cleric can heal...but what's the point when your getting pwned by mobs and can only strikeback with weak none aoe spells? The fighter(2handed)...useless. Unless you want to bring a million potions with you.(just make sure you check the unforgiving price tag on those)! o.O
    Am I missing something? Nope.
    Just make a wizard or a rogue. They'll reply to my statement with sarcasm and such, but try it for yourselves.(new players) and you will quickly see my point. Bring each class to level 20. Then make your choice. Think you'll quickly discover what class pwns in this game. Especially when all your friends are making wiz and rogues and NOT telling you why.(just keep that in mind).

Main a gwf. Preform fine in both pve and pvp. Currently sitting about 10.5k gs. Friends main GF and Cleric. We steamroll 60 pvp. Currently raising my CW lvl 50. Problem isn't the class. It's the player. Always has been.
    INB4, INB4
  • replicaclonedreplicacloned Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the CONTROL class does more damage than the fighter classes, there is something wrong. Especially when said CONTROL class can keep you at bay as long as they know you are coming. Sure, there not always quality players playing that class, but the good ones keep you locked down at all times. Melting through high HP, while keeping you CC'ed.

On my GF, CW and Rogues are easy if they do not get the jump. But, on my GWF, I better stick close to a Cleric IF there happens to be one on my team. Granted my GWF is still level 55, but as I said, unless I have a healer willing to heal me, I do not last long. Rogues can simply melt me with bleeds, or crits that hit like a truck. And good CW just kite until Unbreakable runs out.

The PvP in this game should be renamed CWvTR as that's what it has been reduced to. UNLESS you happen to run with a pre-made.