test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OBT will go on for weeks?

possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What I read from the dev post is that OBT will still be going on for a "few weeks" minimum as they roll out Gauntlgrym and this places the live launch just how far out? Months?
There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
Post edited by possum440 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    That is yet to be decided.
    There's obviously been some hefty issues which had to be resolved and as long as the team is not confident enough the bugs and exploits are removed the game will remain in Open Beta.

Beta's end when developers feel confident software is truly ready; not some arbitrary time period as some people on this forums believe. ;)
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Some people also believe that you don't open your little cash shop for business when your product is in beta state.

But apparently you know better. Cause you and your employers are professionals.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback but this is common practice. :)

You might not have seen it before but it has been going on for years inside and outside of game development companies. There's always a first time for everybody to see something but that doesn't make it immoral or unheard of.

While the game is in Beta purchases are treated with the same care and respect they would if the game was fully released.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback but this is common practice. :)

You might not have seen it before but it has been going on for years inside and outside of game development companies. There's always a first time for everybody to see something but that doesn't make it immoral or unheard of.

While the game is in Beta purchases are treated with the same care and respect they would if the game was fully released.

I have no trouble with the cash shop. As you stated it is not uncommon, I do a considerable amount of beta testing in the f2p market. The problem I have is that when Cryptic stated "Their will be no wipe after OB" I took that to mean "We do not intend to wipe after OB"

However, sticking to that decision at this point has clearly caused some amount of uproar. Why have they not made a public statement that could settle the community as to why it is so important not to wipe this open beta test.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they'll stop being in "beta" at the same time they actually manage to figure out how to disable founder pack sales(sometime in 2015)
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I have no trouble with the cash shop. As you stated it is not uncommon, I do a considerable amount of beta testing in the f2p market. The problem I have is that when Cryptic stated "Their will be no wipe after OB" I took that to mean "We do not intend to wipe after OB"

However, sticking to that decision at this point has clearly caused some amount of uproar. Why have they not made a public statement that could settle the community as to why it is so important not to wipe this open beta test.?

Ooooo you are a sneaky one...
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inb4 months of OBT , no important class and game mechanics fixes at launch - calling it right now .
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's obviously been some hefty issues which had to be resolved and as long as the team is not confident enough the bugs and exploits are removed the game will remain in Open Beta.

Beta's end when developers feel confident software is truly ready; not some arbitrary time period as some people on this forums believe. ;)

If they don't do a wipe, why do they need to fix everything before "release"? Some kind of pride thing?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    inb4 months of OBT , no important class and game mechanics fixes at launch - calling it right now .

What do you mean? You heard how they "fixed" Spider Temple right? Developers for this game apparently like **** crazy broken :D Everything else is working as intended.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launch would probably introduce a bunch of new classes, races, and zones. However, there would be no real difference between open beta and live.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Launch would probably introduce a bunch of new classes, races, and zones. However, there would be no real difference between open beta and live.

Not saying they couldn't actually be planning it but...classes? plural? The ones in game right now are a complete mess. They couldn't be that foolish.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would say 6 months to 1 year of OBT, compared to other F2P games I played, that seems about right.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Open Beta is just a marketing ploy, this game has already released.

And you win what for that statement? If the game is live? Then what?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Really? I mean...REALLY?!

You still dare call this beta even after taking peoples monies, and not doing a thing to really fix the problems?

Shame on you
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You still dare call this beta even after taking peoples monies, and not doing a thing to really fix the problems?

Shame on you

Beta doesn't mean what it used to mean. Not PWE's doing either.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Beta doesn't mean what it used to mean. Not PWE's doing either.

No, beta always meant what it meant. People are trying to change the definition with no success.
  • Options
    undeadrebelundeadrebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Shame on you
    No shame on you,get over you childish entitlement and grow up...its players like you that give mmo players bad names
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could always go sign up for Pahfinder Onlines Beta. They intend to charge a monthly fee for it. Here you can do everything in the game for absolutely no charge. But of course, whiners will be whiners.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No shame on you,get over you childish entitlement and grow up...its players like you that give mmo players bad names

Why is that?

Because i want to hold these MMO companies to a higher standard than 10 years ago?

Because I feel taking peoples money, and not addressing the major PROBLEMS this game has is not right?

Because the company, and people like YOU, hide behind ..well its BETA what do you expect?

There are still SO many exploits, bugs, and cheaters in the game, this game is the laughing stock of the gaming world.

Filling in the pit at the spider queen..LOL..means nothing, it can and STILL is exploited.

Take your blinders off, and help hold companies like this to a higher standard.
  • Options
    centrificcentrific Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, just because something has been done before (ie: cash shop in a beta) doesn't suddenly make it ok. The fact is that things like paid respecs are actually costing beta players money to essentially test the game. Immoral? Maybe not. Unethical? Almost definitely.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is that?

Because i want to hold these MMO companies to a higher standard than 10 years ago?

Because I feel taking peoples money, and not addressing the major PROBLEMS this game has is not right?

Because the company, and people like YOU, hide behind ..well its BETA what do you expect?

There are still SO many exploits, bugs, and cheaters in the game, this game is the laughing stock of the gaming world.

Filling in the pit at the spider queen..LOL..means nothing, it can and STILL is exploited.

Take your blinders off, and help hold companies like this to a higher standard.
    To be fair, the higher standard should exist whether or not it's in open beta. Hence determining whether it's in beta or not should be a non-issue regardless.
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    mmogfails wrote: »
    Some people also believe that you don't open your little cash shop for business when your product is in beta state.

But apparently you know better. Cause you and your employers are professionals.

Thats my piont also.. You dont have a real cash shop for openbeta launches. This is a Soft Launch if you even want to call it that...

I call this a "Paid ALPHA Phase One open TEST launch" Or PAPOOTL for short
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    To be fair, the higher standard should exist whether or not it's in open beta. Hence determining whether it's in beta or not should be a non-issue regardless.

Point well taken, and I agree with you 100 percent.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Shame on you

If a company decides to label THEIR product as being in Beta then it is within their rights to do so.
    If you CHOOSE to play said product while it is in what they openly advertise as a Beta product then the fault falls on YOU.

You are not being held at gun point and forced to login OR pay money on a product that is CLEARLY labeled as Beta.

You claim that they are "not doing a thing to really fix the problems" which is not true they have done 'things' and fixed problems.
    Perhaps not the problems that you prefer to see fixed or in as timely a manner as any of us would deem more appropriate but the statement as you present it is by all accounts, false.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    If a company decides to label THEIR product as being in Beta then it is within their rights to do so.
    If you CHOOSE to play said product while it is in what they openly advertise as a Beta product then the fault falls on YOU.

You are not being held at gun point and forced to login OR pay money on a product that is CLEARLY labeled as Beta.

You claim that they are "not doing a thing to really fix the problems" which is not true they have done 'things' and fixed problems.
    Perhaps not the problems that you prefer to see fixed or in as timely a manner as any of us would deem more appropriate but the statement as you present it is by all accounts, false.

That sums it up. People choose to pay. Nobody makes them.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's so important because they said they wouldn't. That was their "public statement". What more reason do they need to give? The only uproar comes from those who can't accept that.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    That sums it up. People choose to pay. Nobody makes them.

Old people choose to give their money to down trodden African royalty , no one makes them..

The whole point of scamming a customer is that said customer does not see it coming until it is to late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's so important because they said they wouldn't. That was their "public statement". What more reason do they need to give? The only uproar comes from those who can't accept that.

Sorry but you are clueless..I feel my consumer dollars are worth more respect that that. If you yourself do not require decent treatment from businesses you spend with, that is on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Old people choose to give their money to down trodden African royalty , no one makes them..

The whole point of scamming a customer is that said customer does not see it coming until it is to late.

Not even close to the same. People here get are actually getting what they pay for, there is no deception.