test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW - Silenced? How the? what the? zomg! What happend?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    I would have ignored you for sure.

Back in the olden days, of CRT monitors, RDRAM, and Dial Up, punks like you knew to not run off at the mouth in zone chat. If'n ya did we black listed ya, and you never got an invite to a sweet Sarnak Fort group. Then ye went home and cried yer eyes out on yer enormous pillaws.

Oh my lumbago...

Wow, a vet from the Everquest days. That was a great game and source for many a good times. Good times indeed. Long live the Drunken Fishermen of Rodcet Nife!
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    You know what. The OP is absolutely right. All he made was one comment, in all caps, about wanting a wipe and who was with him. Now the community could have flamed him at that point, hell. I might have. But he has ABSOLUTELY every right to say that in chat.

Saying this in a situation like that is like painting a sign on his back with the "KICK ME" letters on it. He should have considered that in this situation. The atmosphere is tense, the game, as expected from a BETA, buggy, and people don't like loosing their money they spend foolishly enough in this open beta.

Maybe there is something wrong with the system. And "ignore flag" should never be important for a chat banning, only the "spam flag" should do that.

An ignore is my personal message, that I do not want to speak to this player in my lifetime ever again. If I use ignore, MY problem is solved. If I use spam, then the player should be teached a lesson, that means "Be silent for all for 24 hours", if enough other players agree with me.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mkesd wrote: »
    An ignore is my personal message, that I do not want to speak to this player in my lifetime ever again. If I use ignore, MY problem is solved. If I use spam, then the player should be teached a lesson, that means "Be silent for all for 24 hours", if enough other players agree with me.

And then the silenced person should have an option to report abuse, which would result in the flaggers getting silenced instead if it checks out to be true. But again, that would require someone to actually take a look at the logs, not gonna happen.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know some of u werent there, but the time between the joke and the chat ban was extremely short, it was less than one minute, am guessing OP was already flagged as spammer.
    Anyway sorry to hear about your chat ban, you not on my ignore list, only needy folks and gold sellers go there :D
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I believe others have already informed you of the chat muting system. I am sorry you had a bad experience with it.

We would love to hear feedback about the system but please do not discuss your personal punishments while doing so. Such threads typically cause unproductive bickering rather than focusing on the important issues about the chat system.

Sorry but I am going to close this thread but look forward to seeing feedback about the system.
This discussion has been closed.