test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UGC: The Catacombs of Dread

Comments

• Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or you could make it a campaign and split it up for the McMicrowave generation of gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    You'll discover the truth at the end of my new dungeon. Short code in sig. :cool:

Ummmmmmmmm it hasn't been saved.. lmao.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Still here aren't ya troll?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, it has. Make sure when you type in the short code that you capitalize the letters. For some reason it is case-sensitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zedmus wrote: »
    Might have tried it if the author wasn't so rude in this thread. Pro Tip: Don't be condescending and rude to feedback when you are looking for public opinion.

How am I being anymore condescending and rude than the people I'm responding to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh christ... it's already begun, pompous foundry authors spamming advertisements for their multi-hour "s000p3r h4RDcOR3" dungeons while insulting everyone that doesn't immediately paise their work as worthy of the renaissance.

Foundry farm authors, meet your horrific bizzarro counterparts, who are just as bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    A couple hour quest isn't for everyone, but there are people who would enjoy them. Me, for example.

As he said, this might not be for everyone. But there is a niche for this sort of thing. A few players like him don't have to have epic loot to be enticed into doing an epic dungeon. I already stated in a previous post I will consider dividing this into multiple quests and make a campaign out of it if it is received well. Some of you might have missed that though due to have fast this thread is growing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Oh christ... it's already begun, pompous foundry authors spamming advertisements for their multi-hour "s000p3r h4RDcOR3" dungeons while insulting everyone that doesn't immediately paise their work as worthy of the renaissance.

Foundry farm authors, meet your horrific bizzarro counterparts, who are just as bad.

Yes, I will take on 10 farming quest authors at the same time, Ip Man style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I will take on 10 farming quest authors at the same time, Ip Man style.

Well, go do that then, instead of spamming the forum with your foundry creation. If it's good, I'm sure word of mouth will spread and you won't need to push it on folks so hard, I'm however thinking as many said, it's a niche offering and fails to strike a balance which a broad audience can enjoy, your attitude however, probably is something you should work on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, go do that then, instead of spamming the forum with your foundry creation. If it's good, I'm sure word of mouth will spread and you won't need to push it on folks so hard, I'm however thinking as many said, it's a niche offering and fails to strike a balance which a broad audience can enjoy, your attitude however, probably is something you should work on.

There's no shortage of trolls on here, I see. I know my map is a niche offering, but here's the thing. You don't have to go type in the short code and play it if you don't want to. I'm not hacking your computer, and making my quest to appear on your screen, forcing you to be miserable for two hours. These people crying about the duration of my quest are the ones who need to work on their attitudes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Over 1,600 views on this thread so far. Hopefully one of those viewers can actually complete this dungeon one of these days. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Approximately how much of it is story vs encounter? (My girlfriend and I play together, and I love story and she loves the encounters, so I want to get an idea of if we can play it together and her being happy with it, or if I should play it while she's asleep one morning LOL.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Approximately how much of it is story vs encounter? (My girlfriend and I play together, and I love story and she loves the encounters, so I want to get an idea of if we can play it together and her being happy with it, or if I should play it while she's asleep one morning LOL.)

I'd say it is mostly story, up until the final stretch of the dungeon where there are considerably more encounters. The dialogue has a good bit of humor mixed in with it, and depending on what choices you make in dialogue you can avoid some of the harder encounters. If she likes tough encounters, the two of you might enjoy some of the fights with the NPC characters in this dungeon. Since they are so tough though, I made them avoidable by choosing to help the NPC's rather than kill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds good. I'll run it past her and see when she wants to do it. Being a "long" adventure shouldn't be an issue, since we did an entire campaign one day that was about the same overall length of time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'll run it past her and see when she wants to do it. Being a "long" adventure shouldn't be an issue, since we did an entire campaign one day that was about the same overall length of time.

You'll probably be able to finish it faster than I could since the encounters will seem easier with someone having your back and all. Hope you two love birds enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bumping this due to the many "CHECK THIS OUT!!!" threads that some troll keeps posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zedmuszedmus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started it out but stopped a little bit into it. Thrown in to some random map with no back story from the start and the NPC going in and out of character style. Constant meaningless task that honestly don't add to the story at all. I would suggest making it shorter by cutting out the repetitive go fetch me this style quests this isn't WoW I would rather have reason for me doing something.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zedmus wrote: »
    Started it out but stopped a little bit into it. Thrown in to some random map with no back story from the start and the NPC going in and out of character style. Constant meaningless task that honestly don't add to the story at all. I would suggest making it shorter by cutting out the repetitive go fetch me this style quests this isn't WoW I would rather have reason for me doing something.

It would help if you wrote a more detailed complaint. Where exactly did you stop? Skane does not ask you to fetch anything, and you can outright kill Venecia if you don't want to help her. There's only one real fetch quest you can't avoid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The definition of the word DREAD according to Google.
    dread
    /dred/
    Verb
    Anticipate with great apprehension or fear: "Jane was dreading the party".
    Noun
    Great fear or apprehension: "the thought of returning to New Jersey filled her with dread"; "I used to have a dread of Sunday afternoons".
    Adjective
    Greatly feared; dreadful: "he was stricken with the dread disease and died".
    Synonyms
    verb. fear - be afraid - funk - apprehend
    noun. fear - fright - horror - terror - funk - scare
    adjective. dreadful - terrible - frightful - horrible - horrid

You will dread this dungeon. The people complaining about it do so because they dread spending two plus hours trying to finish it. They dread the menial tasks Skane the Dragonborn Paladin makes them perform so much they never even make it past the first locked door. You couldn't give these guys a job eating pie at a pie factory as an old man I know would put it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There's no shortage of trolls on here, I see. I know my map is a niche offering, but here's the thing. You don't have to go type in the short code and play it if you don't want to. I'm not hacking your computer, and making my quest to appear on your screen, forcing you to be miserable for two hours. These people crying about the duration of my quest are the ones who need to work on their attitudes.

If you're implying that I'm a troll, you need to read the forums threads on how that in itself is trolling, and should not be done.
    You're not hacking my computer no, but you're instead turning the forum section into a "hey look at my foundry map" potential spam fest, then reacting like a scorned woman when people tell you to stop, or that they didn't enjoy the quest.

just fix the attitude, the rest can be overlooked as long as you don't overdo the spamming and bumping
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you're implying that I'm a troll, you need to read the forums threads on how that in itself is trolling, and should not be done.
    You're not hacking my computer no, but you're instead turning the forum section into a "hey look at my foundry map" potential spam fest, then reacting like a scorned woman when people tell you to stop, or that they didn't enjoy the quest.

just fix the attitude, the rest can be overlooked as long as you don't overdo the spamming and bumping

If you have not played this quest, and have nothing nice to say, why are you posting in my thread? I understand two hour long story based quests aren't for everyone, but I'm a bit tired of people throwing hissy fits because I walked my own path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Furthermore, I don't have attitude...

I have CATitude. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't test it today, though this whole post gave me an idea! I'll share tomorrow, now it's bedtime.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Couldn't test it today, though this whole post gave me an idea! I'll share tomorrow, now it's bedtime.

Glad you were inspired. This forum gives me a lot of ideas as well. Goodnight. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you have not played this quest, and have nothing nice to say, why are you posting in my thread? I understand two hour long story based quests aren't for everyone, but I'm a bit tired of people throwing hissy fits because I walked my own path.

because, your thread, looks to me like spam.

You should however see about asking the moderators to create a forum section FOR advertisement of foundry quests if it doesn't already exist, this isn't really anything to discuss tbh, it's not started as a discussion, it's not framed as a discussion it's just promotion. Thus doesn't feel right.

I have no idea why you're reacting with asinine comments either. I'm not trying to offend or slight you really, I just fear that if one of these threads is let slide we'll be inundated with more "hey come see my foundry offering" threads than you shake a kobold at, and that would be just one more friggin irritation about these forums to go with all the others.

That and your reactions to folks were clearly a little over the top and melodramatic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    because, your thread, looks to me like spam.

You should however see about asking the moderators to create a forum section FOR advertisement of foundry quests if it doesn't already exist, this isn't really anything to discuss tbh, it's not started as a discussion, it's not framed as a discussion it's just promotion. Thus doesn't feel right.

I have no idea why you're reacting with asinine comments either. I'm not trying to offend or slight you really, I just fear that if one of these threads is let slide we'll be inundated with more "hey come see my foundry offering" threads than you shake a kobold at, and that would be just one more friggin irritation about these forums to go with all the others.

That and your reactions to folks were clearly a little over the top and melodramatic.

A forum was created for that. People quit using it and just use the Foundry forum for the most part now. I posted a thread in both of those boards, and they have less than a hundred views between the two of them. I've managed to get over 2,000 views on this thread. Are you beginning to see the logic behind me posting this in the General Discussion area, and acting like an over the top car salesman now? To be frank, since my quest follows current events which are being talked about constantly still in these parts of the forum, I thought SOME people might appreciate me letting them in on it. If you don't like this thread, you can leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, guess this review is going to be short and sweet. The doors in the far back of the opening part of the dungeon open. But you cant go thru them. It just wont let you go forward. The side doors to the right and left wont open either. It says Out of line of site.

So basicly you get thru the first part where you fight the spiders. get the arachnocide. And cant go any farther.

I'm still in the mission right now. If you know of anything that can help. I'm starting to wonder after reading some of the above comments though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, guess this review is going to be short and sweet. The doors in the far back of the opening part of the dungeon open. But you cant go thru them. It just wont let you go forward. The side doors to the right and left wont open either. It says Out of line of site.

So basicly you get thru the first part where you fight the spiders. get the arachnocide. And cant go any farther.

I'm still in the mission right now. If you know of anything that can help. I'm starting to wonder after reading some of the above comments though.

I will look into the door, if you mean the one where there are flaming coffins in the room behind it, I am aware of that, and it is a terrain glitch apparently. In the next edit I'll be sure to adjust the invisible wall, but it does not stop your progress as you said. The invisible wall there fades after you reach a certain point in the story. You have to use the arachnocide on the spider eggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AHA! Found the spider eggs that I needed to spray. Maybe use a circle thing to show where I would have to look. That way I know I'm not suppose to go in the area that I havent been able to access. Just a little bit of a pointer to help us know the quest isnt bugged.

I'll leave more notes as I go thru the dungeon. So this may take awhile. I love stuff like this, btw.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A forum was created for that. People quit using it and just use the Foundry forum for the most part now. I posted a thread in both of those boards, and they have less than a hundred views between the two of them. I've managed to get over 2,000 views on this thread. Are you beginning to see the logic behind me posting this in the General Discussion area, and acting like an over the top car salesman now? To be frank, since my quest follows current events which are being talked about constantly still in these parts of the forum, I thought SOME people might appreciate me letting them in on it. If you don't like this thread, you can leave.

And with this comment you've actually managed to make me dislike this thread and what you've done here.

See, the problem with your logic of advertising in the general forums because there's more traffic here is this: if every foundry author starts thinking that way, then the general forum is going to wind up in worse shape than it already is.

You have not one, but two Foundry forums. Use them.