test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your stat preferences for PvP and why?

blackfell274blackfell274 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
What are your stat preferences for PvP and why? Arpen, Crit, Power, Recovery and what kind of ratio do you look for? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by blackfell274 on

Comments

• edgeofthorns79edgeofthorns79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea id be curious as well. Im hitting about level 35 and starting to feel a little weak in the pvp department. I was busting faces in the earlier pvp matches, but now I don't know if im not setup right or if maybe that's just where this class is in terms of pvp damage but I definitely am not feeling to powerful as a "wizard" out there.
  • kbisthemankbistheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should probably get to 60 before you worry about PvP if I am going to be honest...
  • khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I'm 49. I've gotten about 46 of them from PvP. It's never too early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    For pvp your gona want a Greater Teneb enchant in every Offensive slot, a radiant enchant rank 5 + in every defensive, and a dark rank 5+ in every utility.
    Why: The tenes stack, with 6 greaters procking about every 3rd attack its adding 749 damage per proc in my build. What does this mean? about 5k extra damage every 3rd attack constantly attacking. They proc a lot.
    Next the radiants add more hp increasing survivability and increasing the damage from your tene's.
    The darks give a slight movement increase, this helps you to kite enemies while your cd's are down.

for a full guide refer to :
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?245542-60-CW-pvp-tips-tricks-PRIDE-Dragon&p=3214432#post3214432
  • edgeofthorns79edgeofthorns79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Harming not sure if you got my message but i haven't gotten anything called greater teneb enchant yet, they higher up around 60?
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm convinced level scaling isn't working right in the lower brackets. Every time I hit x9 in the bracket I've noticed my damage skyrocket. Double enfeeblement is really strong so try that.

Otherwise I've been wondering about these stats myself particularly armor pen. They had to remove that stat in WoW because it was so overpowered.
  • blackfell274blackfell274 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kbistheman wrote: »
    You should probably get to 60 before you worry about PvP if I am going to be honest...
    Actually PvP is an excellent way to level. I'm doing quite well with my setup: I just respec'd to max my will and char for pen, crit etc. On paper right now, my power and crit are a bit over 1k at lvl 42 my arpen is 700 or so. I also have roughly 4% on recovery from gear. I don't remember the last time I wasn't top 3 in my matches points wise (mostly not premade and I am renegade/very control heavy,) and my kill/finishing ability has gone way up with the adjustments I've made. Mostly I made this post to see what other people are doing, I've read some things here and there and am always looking for areas to improve.
  • blackfell274blackfell274 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    harming18 wrote: »
    For pvp your gona want a Greater Teneb enchant in every Offensive slot, a radiant enchant rank 5 + in every defensive, and a dark rank 5+ in every utility.
    Why: The tenes stack, with 6 greaters procking about every 3rd attack its adding 749 damage per proc in my build. What does this mean? about 5k extra damage every 3rd attack constantly attacking. They proc a lot.
    Next the radiants add more hp increasing survivability and increasing the damage from your tene's.
    The darks give a slight movement increase, this helps you to kite enemies while your cd's are down.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?245542-60-CW-pvp-tips-tricks-PRIDE-Dragon&p=3214432#post3214432
    Good guide, thanks. I saw this one earlier, you rock! Thank you for weighing in sir, very good info.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Which founders enchant are you talking about in your build? The weapon one with the chance to do percentage? Have you tried Plaguefire? It is truly ridiculous combined with the others :)
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Harming not sure if you got my message but i haven't gotten anything called greater teneb enchant yet, they higher up around 60?

Yea their higher end enchantments. Around 900k - 1.2mil ad per before the auction house went down. Youd only want to socket them in endgame gear.
    edited May 2013
    Which founders enchant are you talking about in your build? The weapon one with the chance to do percentage? Have you tried Plaguefire? It is truly ridiculous combined with the others :)

Yea its the one on my weapon in my picture. As for Greater Plaguefire, at 3 stacks its definetly superior to the founders. But with my rotations no one really last longe enough to get all the stacks up and running. I either combo " combo and rotation explained in guide" them out from full health or throw on 2 rays and ice knife for the clerics in blue =)
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea its the one on my weapon in my picture. As for Greater Plaguefire, at 3 stacks its definetly superior to the founders. But with my rotations no one really last longe enough to get all the stacks up and running. I either combo " combo and rotation explained in guide" them out from full health or throw on 2 rays and ice knife for the clerics in blue =)

Even at one stack I would think it would be superior though - thanks to the defense debuff on it and chance to proc more tenebrous explosions :) Double Enfeeble plus a stack or two of Greater Plaguefire is some pretty damning defense loss.
    edited May 2013
    Even at one stack I would think it would be superior though - thanks to the defense debuff on it and chance to proc more tenebrous explosions :) Double Enfeeble plus a stack or two of Greater Plaguefire is some pretty damning defense loss.

The thing about the founder enchant though is it automatically ignores 50% of the enemys defense w/o building it up. This allows me to do the quick 1-shot combo's. For the tene proc's it also fires off the 12.5% weapon damage on founders. Tene's seem to proc off everything right now. Their a little insane lol

EDIT gota correct myself here. The founder is only a 30% chance to apply the extra damage which procs the tene to fire. With the 1/2 defense ignored it also raises the damage from the tene proc. Hope that makes a little more sense.
    edited May 2013
    The thing about the founder enchant though is it automatically ignores 50% of the enemys defense w/o building it up. This allows me to do the quick 1-shot combo's. For the tene proc's it also fires off the 12.5% weapon damage on founders. Tene's seem to proc off everything right now. Their a little insane lol

EDIT gota correct myself here. The founder is only a 30% chance to apply the extra damage which procs the tene to fire. With the 1/2 defense ignored it also raises the damage from the tene proc. Hope that makes a little more sense.

How does the Founder proc help Tene do any extra damage? Tene is based purely on your hps and shouldn't be affected by a single DD proc from the Founder enchant. Unless I'm really wrong about how that proc whichs, which is possible :)