test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA on fixing PvP ?

vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since you closed down the thread earlier, do any of you know when we'll be able to PvP without knowing our game will be ruined by exploiters? As in, how high of a priority is this?
Post edited by vaeledrin on

Comments

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threads like this one make me laugh - what pvp ?!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    probably zero till it explodes like the ah exploit did.
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, I mean the exploit does work for PvE but it's just not as effective or really, it's good for traveling around in town... fast if you don't have a mount. But seriously, some of us actually enjoy Domination and it would be a real **** shame if we have to deal with infinite stamina along with people dropping out/getting glitched making games 3v5 or 2v5 or whatever.

Oh well, in a few days it will explode, and maybe it's time to roll up that GWF for infinite sprint.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Since you closed down the thread earlier, do any of you know when we'll be able to PvP without knowing our game will be ruined by exploiters? As in, how high of a priority is this?

Probably about the same priority as everything else that isnt a lockbox.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Probably about the same priority as everything else that isnt a lockbox.

This is pretty much it, if it doesn't impact their ability to make money thru either mass complaints or direct means it won't get fixed is what I'm seeing.
  • Options
    submersesubmerse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D&D is PVE focused, PVP in this game have never been and will never be balanced, period.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    submerse wrote: »
    D&D is PVE focused, PVP in this game have never been and will never be balanced, period.

Nice way to defend hacking the client for an exploit.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Well, I mean the exploit does work for PvE but it's just not as effective or really, it's good for traveling around in town... fast if you don't have a mount. But seriously, some of us actually enjoy Domination and it would be a real **** shame if we have to deal with infinite stamina along with people dropping out/getting glitched making games 3v5 or 2v5 or whatever.

Oh well, in a few days it will explode, and maybe it's time to roll up that GWF for infinite sprint.

Actually it is quite a boon to the GF, who can now block forever. Once again ruining PvE lol.
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    gave up all hope when Perfect World & Cryptic Studios have an F on the BBB website LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yup while there are easy to see uses for this with pvp, pve is going to suffer too. This game is going to become it's own meme.
  • Options
    sinistersixfacessinistersixfaces Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL this thread is full of the terrible pvp players who hide at the spawn. PVP is not lopsided at all, and if you think that you just suck. LEARN TO PLAY! stop facerolling with the same skills you PVE with. To the person saying D&D isnt about pvp, you need to get slapped because clearly you have never played real D&D. If you did you would have never made some ignorant comment like that. DO not ruin PVP by giving into the simple minded players who do not understand tactics and strategy. Let them die.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LOL this thread is full of the terrible pvp players who hide at the spawn. PVP is not lopsided at all, and if you think that you just suck. LEARN TO PLAY! stop facerolling with the same skills you PVE with. To the person saying D&D isnt about pvp, you need to get slapped because clearly you have never played real D&D. If you did you would have never made some ignorant comment like that. DO not ruin PVP by giving into the simple minded players who do not understand tactics and strategy. Let them die.
    Another exploiter defending infinite stamina and guard.
  • Options
    bodhinbodhin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gave up all hope when Perfect World & Cryptic Studios have an F on the BBB website LOL

What do you think the BBB is? It isn't a **** government department. It has ZERO actual power other than sending you a letter and posting your "bad score" on their website. I pay them their hush money every year with my company...over $600 a year. If I stop paying they "can't guarantee your business will keep its A+ rating".

Its a scam and I help perpetuate it by paying annually because enough ignorant people actually think the BBB has some kind of magic power. Their ratings mean NOTHING. Christ they gave a business named Al Quida in California an A- rating just for paying their annual fee:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/consumer-issues-id-theft/bbb-owns-mistake-after-accepting-money-exchange-to/nFhJ/
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    What is the PvP exploit? Is that why I lose every match? I thought it was because I was a level 40 cleric who has never played an MMO before. Wow, thanks for making me feel better.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would imagine it will be months before PVP is truly fixed and theres a reason to queue up a class other than CW or rogue aside from afking the daily.

The stamina exploit is minor compared to the huge class imbalances present.