test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elegant solution for Cryptic to address the "wipe" concerns at the end of Open Beta

2»

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    That does nothing to address the hundreds of millions of AD the exploiters have hoarded.

If no character wipe, they need to at least have a wealth wipe. Limit each account to 5,000,000 AD and 500 gold, make all the current purples BoP ... that would go a long way toward limiting the damage.

Uh, no. I have more than that. 2.6 mil from two founders pack and somewhat over 3 mil bought fro zen purchased with cash when the price was still way up there in the first few days of release.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Uh, no. I have more than that. 2.6 mil from two founders pack and somewhat over 3 mil bought fro zen purchased with cash when the price was still way up there in the first few days of release.

Nice to know who was supplying the exploiters with Zen! :-p
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »

If the Zen was used to purchase game features such as character slots, feat respecs, etc then those would all be grandfathered into the new hyper-inflated post-release game economy so you would not be affected at all.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh dear lord please do not add ANOTHER form of currency to this game. There are already at least 10 too many.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    If the Zen was used to purchase game features such as character slots, feat respecs, etc then those would all be grandfathered into the new hyper-inflated post-release game economy so you would not be affected at all.
    Yeah, AD purchased with Zen is one of the reasons why the economy is so jacked up. They can take action against the exploiters, but there's alot of people who ended up with that exploited AD by converting Zen.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »

That's the AD I have not yet spent. I bought very little on the AH. Spent a mil on an extra guild bank slot tho, and probably at least a mil on cosmetics etc. I still have probably close to 6 mil left. Remember that back in the first few days, founders were selling their AD for zen at 480 - 500 per? I spent zen then.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    Yeah, AD purchased with Zen is one of the reasons why the economy is so jacked up. They can take action against the exploiters, but there's alot of people who ended up with that exploited AD by converting Zen.

As long as your made your AD purchases before the end of Open Beta and Neverwinter's official release you would not be affected by the hyper-inflated post-launch economy.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg