test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[MARA] Mature Gamers on Mindflayer

maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
Welcome to MARA

Mature Age Recruitment Alliance

[MARA] was founded in 2005 and is a sanctuary for mature gamers who is at least 30 years old and age is our only requirement to join.
The members of MARA play all kinds of games.
We have all kind of gamers, but expect a casual and laid back group of social and helpful people from around the world.
Main language is English. We have our own TS server and forum. You can also find us on Facebook.

Please contact an officer or recruiter in game for an invite.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    infidal11infidal11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, come and join us Old Folk, we even have some young un's with us ;)
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    Someone said " The last movie premier I went to was; "Gone With The Wind".
    :D:D
  • Options
    primefartprimefart Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah..I'm still curious as to how they mounted those sails on her Zimmer Frame.
  • Options
    soloro1soloro1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was looking for a comunity like this , but do i really have to be 30 ? I'm only 17 but i'm very mature and inteligent and i know i can behave well (Tested: mental age of 25years iq 128 ) Contact me if i'm allowed to join
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi mara group, im looking fora mature gaming community to play whit, im 25 but you will notice im no childish like most gamers, i like to have fun too but i enjoy end game content and teorycrafting, most of my friend are at their 30 or married which let me whit no friends to hang out really quick as they got mariried and got jobs, me im semi-married/3 kids and a steady job that gives me plenty of time for gaming, im decent at most games i play and verry good at FPS but im enjoying neverwinter more than i expected, if you are interested in recruting me:

maligko@maligkn0
    malecia@maligkn0
  • Options
    zdrahonulzdrahonul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Judging only based on age can backfire easily. I have seen 40+ year old jerks and 17-year old excellent players (I have a 15-yr and a 17-yr old guy in my WoT clan and they're among the best players in that clan).

With that being said, I'm 33, so I qualify :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello
    I know that 40 years old ppl can act like kids and younger ppl can act mature, but acting childish got nothing to do with our age requirement but a lot to do with, that we are a social alliance and eg. members meet up in real life and the subjects we are talking about in chat, on TS and when we meet would be boring for younger members.
    It also have nothing do with if you are a good player, we do not care if our members are good players or not, some of our members have gotten to sick or to old to play, but they might still log onto TS and chat.

This doesn't mean that we do not have excellent players, we have all kind of players, from very casual to hard core, pve'rs, pvp'ers, some play once a week, some play the whole day.
    We have had younger members who have gotten in pretending to be older, and they do not stay long, we simply are not what they want.
    And why join us if your not 30? There are many guilds out there you could join without any problems.

Happy hunting :)
    infidal11 wrote: »
    Hey, come and join us Old Folk, we even have some young un's with us ;)

LOL The young ons still meet the age requirement, maybe it's time to push it to 50?
  • Options
    primefartprimefart Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    MARA is still looking for old farts to bolster its ranks!
    If you're aged 30+, we dare you to come see what's generating the odd smell on the Mindflayer server..
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys. I'm 39 and I play a level 60 Cleric on Mindflayer. I'm looking for an active guild to play T2 Dungeons. Do you often have enough online people to form a party? How do I join?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm 39 and I play a level 60 Cleric on Mindflayer. I'm looking for an active guild to play T2 Dungeons. Do you often have enough online people to form a party? How do I join?

Hey
    Sorry for the late reply. We usually have enough people online to group with. Some times during DD several groups are made up.
    You can join by contacting an officer in the game (press O, find guild and type in MARA, view details and you can see who is online to invite you)
    You can also sign up on the forum, with your in game name and account and we will try to get in contact with you in game.
  • Options
    seantreeseantree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll be hitting you guys up for an inv after I am authorized on your forums. I'm 39 and just started NW so I'm only lvl 12 atm. This guild sounds like it's just what I need. thanks all!
  • Options
    bukitsbukits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I'm a DC @ 9.6K GS with stone (GS used to be a bit higher but am rolling 4/4 miracle healer at the moment vs. 2x2 set bonus), have cleared all T2's except Dread Vault and CN as those have been difficult to Pug. I've come to Neverwinter after being a long time WoW raider from Vanilla up to the most recent xpac. Life doesn't let me raid for 4 hours a night anymore and I like the 5 man group format and it doesn't seem as time consuming. Always enjoyed the challenge so would love to get back into end game content again and working consistently with the same group. Did take WoW pretty seriously and I think my WoL page is still active if you want to see my ranking parses, let me know.

Generally able to be on for DD maybe 3/5 nights during the week and can get in 2-3 DD's during the weekend.

Saw this post awhile ago and was going to sign up but honestly backed off as I'm still getting used to being classified as 'old' (hopefully not all downhill from 34...).

Was just online and couldn't find Mara in the 'find guild' so I'm guessing no officers were on. I'll keep looking but thought I'd throw something up here in case you were still looking at the thread (was buried on the recruitment page so not expecting you to be). If someone see's this first I'd appreciate feedback (i.e. all full on DC's, GS not high enough, etc.).

Thanks in advance, hopefully see you in game
  • Options
    goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried to contact the 2 officers but got no reply from one, and the other guy went offline as soon as I sent a whisper. Am 34 years old and got a level 60 DC and currently leveling up a TR - currently level 41. Appreciate a reply thanks :)
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tombo8907tombo8907 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello, 31 year old with an lev 6011k Gwf and a lev 23 alt cw.
    i'm exp in all Instances except CN.
    tombo8907. would love to hear from you guys and thanks.
  • Options
    gaidinngaidinn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I am a 34 yo player. I really want to join a guild and this one sounds great. The one thing i am worried about is: i am from Europe. Does the guild have enough euro players so i can group, chat etc

My ingame character is Kyuss Demoncleaner.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Hello and sorry for the late reply.

There is several ways to get in contact with someone who can invite you to the guild:
    • You can press O, and in the Find Guild tab, search for MARA. In view guild info you can see who is online that can invite you to the guild. Send a pm.
    • You can go to our forum www.gwmara.com, sign up and make a post in the New Member section using a guest alias, just make sure to tell in the post, your age, in game name and account, what game you want an invitation in to a MARA guild and what username you have signed up with on the forum so your account can be activated and your post can be approved.
      (This is to prevent spammers)
    • You can add me ceder@maisaan to your friend list and pm me when you see me in game.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MARA is still going strong in Neverwinter so if you are looking for a mature guild and your age meet our requirement, minimum 30 years, your welcome to join us

If you find the MARA isn't for you we are ok with that, and when you find that the grass isn't greener anywhere else, you are welcome back :)

Atm we have around 200 unique members from all over the world (495 chars in the guild so almost full)
  • Options
    captkryton25captkryton25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi is this guild still active in Neverwinter? I joined the guild but due real life stuff I wasn't able to get online and was eventually kicked. I would like to rejoin if possible, thanks.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup, MARA is still active.
  • Options
    captkryton25captkryton25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the reply, this might sound odd, but how do I find someone to ask for an invite. I've searched for MARA as a guild and I've also searched for Ceder@maisaan and Ce'Der@maisaan (got these from an old MARA newsletter) but tna.

The shard I'm on is Dragon, but from what I understand all the shards were merged. Any help getting back in to the guild would be appreciated.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your social menu (O) has a guild finder. Plug in the guild name and search. Sometimes I find it takes a few tries to get a result for some reason.

Once you see the guild you're looking for, clicking the guild info button should bring up a list of all online players with invite privileges so you can message one of them. (No officers online is one reason why a guild may not show up in a search, so keep trying.)

Alternatively, you can go to PE and spam messages in all caps demanding an invitation to a specific guild. This must work because I see people doing it all the time. :P
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia