test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trusting Cryptic/PWE? Not sure I can anymore...

mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I haven't ever really trusted Cryptic/PWE when it comes to their games. When anyone talks about these 2 companies the first thing that comes to mind is how they are very greedy with their mico-transactions. Now with what has happened, something major that has totally ruined the games economy, I feel that I have lost all ounce of trust that I did have for Cryptic/PWE.

With the latest fiasco and only doing roll backs for 7 hours, which IMO and many others isn't enough of a roll back since all kinds of exploiting has been going on for weeks. (Not the AD exploit, but other exploits that have also hurt the economy). I am not in favor of doing wipes, but at this point what can really be done? rollback 2 weeks? I really wouldn't know what to do at this point.

I am not sure if I can continue to support Neverwinter with how things have gone. I have supported Neverwinter by buying the Guardians of Neverwinter pack. And I do actually enjoy playing Neverwinter! I have played many hours already hence why I bought the Guardians pack. But now just thinking about Neverwinter leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I really don't want to log in anymore.

Anyone else feeling the same as I?

Also i am trying to remember any other popular MMO that has had this big of a hit to the games economy, and I can't think of any. Anyone else remember a big MMO taking a hit like this? And if so what did they do to resolve it?
Post edited by mrlee9569 on

Comments

• Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Now i have heard that some of these people who did the AD exploit are only getting 3 day bans?
    If this is true...... that is stupid! Should be permanently imo!
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    I am not in favor of doing wipes, but at this point what can really be done?

You should shut the hell up, for one thing.

They aren't gonna wipe. Give it up. The 7 hour rollback was painful enough, wasting my entire sunday for NOTHING! Full wipe would just make me quit this game completely and demand a full refund for all the zen I spent. I'm going going through level 1 to 49 all over again, I'm not levelling my professions from scratch all over again. I even have a 40 rogue alt and as if I'm gonna replay a 2nd alt.
  • Options
    azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't ever really trusted Cryptic/PWE when it comes to their games. When anyone talks about these 2 companies the first thing that comes to mind is how they are very greedy with their mico-transactions.

Guess you know why they say that huh? Because it's true :rolleyes:

That said, a wipe isn't happening. It'd make more people quit the game than anything else. Why? Because the only reason many players continue to play is their investment in the game, they have a character, they have levels, items, AD, whatnot. If they're forced to restart from the beginning and go through all over again, they won't, they'll just up and leave like many others have already.

That's not even bringing up the deluge of chargeback claims that'll hit PWE once everyone's Zen bought items and AD are wiped clean. This is a paid "beta", they're making money from thousands of transactions, reversing all of them would be a nightmare.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now i have heard that some of these people who did the AD exploit are only getting 3 day bans?
    If this is true...... that is stupid! Should be permanently imo!

They have stated up in the stickies that they start with 3 day bans while they investigate, and then escalate them if called for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    19 days after I submitted my ticket and updating it on missing items from my Guardian Pack purchase.

Today I received a response to open a NEW ticket on the issue if it was still a problem and that I would not receive reimbursement for missing digital items.

So I paid $59.99 USD for a digital item pack for all of the characters on my account, did not receive those items, and am told I will not receive those items.

My next support ticket has been for a refund in order to follow the credit card chargeback rules. If they attempt to deny it then I'll escalate it up to my credit card company.

I've played PWE games in the past and Customer Support was bad, but this was the worst experience I have ever had in any game. It has convinced me to not only quit Neverwinter, but avoid -ALL- PWE games in the future.
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I haven't ever really trusted Cryptic/PWE when it comes to their games. When anyone talks about these 2 companies the first thing that comes to mind is how they are very greedy with their mico-transactions. Now with what has happened, something major that has totally ruined the games economy, I feel that I have lost all ounce of trust that I did have for Cryptic/PWE.

With the latest fiasco and only doing roll backs for 7 hours, which IMO and many others isn't enough of a roll back since all kinds of exploiting has been going on for weeks. (Not the AD exploit, but other exploits that have also hurt the economy). I am not in favor of doing wipes, but at this point what can really be done? rollback 2 weeks? I really wouldn't know what to do at this point.

I am not sure if I can continue to support Neverwinter with how things have gone. I have supported Neverwinter by buying the Guardians of Neverwinter pack. And I do actually enjoy playing Neverwinter! I have played many hours already hence why I bought the Guardians pack. But now just thinking about Neverwinter leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I really don't want to log in anymore.

Also i am trying to remember any other popular MMO that has had this big of a hit to the games economy, and I can't think of any. Anyone else remember a big MMO taking a hit like this? And if so what did they do to resolve it?

Bye Bye..........
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    hsinrog wrote: »
    19 days after I submitted my ticket and updating it on missing items from my Guardian Pack purchase.

Today I received a response to open a NEW ticket on the issue if it was still a problem and that I would not receive reimbursement for missing digital items.

So I paid $59.99 USD for a digital item pack for all of the characters on my account, did not receive those items, and am told I will not receive those items.

My next support ticket has been for a refund in order to follow the credit card chargeback rules. If they attempt to deny it then I'll escalate it up to my credit card company.

I've played PWE games in the past and Customer Support was bad, but this was the worst experience I have ever had in any game. It has convinced me to not only quit Neverwinter, but avoid -ALL- PWE games in the future.

Lol....good luck.....you will have to go through your CC company....and again good luck.
  • Options
    dmonimordmonimor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are noobs. I already quit this game. Its supper greedy and buggy. Devs are dumb and they crashed the game into the ground.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, the thing that aggravates me most about this whole deal is how it is overshadowing everything else that is problematic right now with this game.

I'm not downplaying the exploit and handling of it but to be honest I think there are other matters when put together really put a strain on this game from a long term retention perspective if they are not fixed soon.

As to the issue at hand, I can understand why some are clamoring for a wipe but I personally believe overall it would damage the community more and also cost them more revenue in the long run.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    You should shut the hell up, for one thing.

They aren't gonna wipe. Give it up. The 7 hour rollback was painful enough, wasting my entire sunday for NOTHING! Full wipe would just make me quit this game completely and demand a full refund for all the zen I spent. I'm going going through level 1 to 49 all over again, I'm not levelling my professions from scratch all over again. I even have a 40 rogue alt and as if I'm gonna replay a 2nd alt.

Give what up? I said and I quote "I am not in favor of doing wipes, but at this point what can really be done?".
    Again if you didn't get it the fist and second time, I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF WIPES or do I support a wipe.
    Tell me to shut the hell up? Was that even necessary? Why be rude about it?

Sorry you lost all your progression that you did in the few hours that the server was up on Sunday, but lets be honest it would only take you a few hours to get it back again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hsinrog wrote: »

Wow that sucks! That is really horrible customer support!! You're not the only one I have heard of this happending to!
    Like someone else has said, you pretty much have to contact your credit card company to get anywhere.

And it's examples like this that also make me angry.

I don't get some people who are "k see ya bye" or "Good riddance" and are just so clueless to all these issues at hand and are willing to dump tons of money at a company that does these kind of actions.
    some of you gamers really scare me!
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I would say never trust any company, however Cryptic said that there would be no wipes from open Beta and I give them credit that they have stuck to their words. All they can do now is investigate on a case by case issue to see if people have abused the system or not and to close off any suspicious accounts. The only issue is that a few innocent accounts may become blocked and so careful investigation is needed... in the end I've seen FAR more aggressive strike backs over issues in other MMORPGs and I think this is a more composed response than others I have seen.

Heck I remember seeing the Windower bans for FFXI which essentially banned people just because they used an external application to run FFXI in a windowed environment instead of full screen! World of Warcraft nowadays is run by Activision and the only name that matches them for distrust is EA... go figure. Cryptic have issues as well from the past and so to trust any company isn't a wise policy but to be optimistic that they consider each decision with care isn't always foolish.
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have lost all faith, will never pick up another game from either Cryptic or PWE. Unless they magically fix 50% problems within the first month and then another 25% at least the upcoming month :O.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Another entitled gamer leaves Neverwinter after banging on about "the economy". Game suddenly becomes 100% more awesome.
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Another entitled gamer leaves Neverwinter after banging on about "the economy". Game suddenly becomes 100% more awesome.

If that's your thing, just wait a month or two, it will become 100000% more awesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    If that's your thing, just wait a month or two, it will become 100000% more awesome.

My sister has already stopped playing for me that 100000% mark has already been reached.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My sister has already stopped playing for me that 100000% mark has already been reached.

haha

Touche, Sir. Touche.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    haha

Touche, Mam. Touche.

Fixed that :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fixed that :D

Oh!

I apologize. :)
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh!

I apologize. :)

Get a room!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Get a room!

I was thinking dinner first. But thanks for the brotip.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know exactly how you're feeling OP, I feel the same way. I've stopped playing too.

I'm hoping though, that instead of a wipe (which really is unfair to the legit players) that they open a new server, where those of us that don't mind starting over from scratch can have a clean game to play in.

As for the existing servers, I can't see myself ever coming back to play on them. Not unless something absolutely extraordinary was done to fix the exploit issues (which I really can't see happening at the moment).
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can trust PW as much as you can trust any business where you never get to see the CEO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    You can trust PW as much as you can trust any business where you never get to see the CEO.

Come now we all know what the Perfect World CEO looks like.

200px-QuarkDS9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Come now we all know what the Perfect World CEO looks like.

200px-QuarkDS9.jpg

Not entirely fair to Quark :(
  • Options
    cr1t1kalcr1t1kal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep sticking with Cryptic thinking one day they might replicate City of Heroes again. Alas, I'm starting to lose hope.

Sad how they went from that to this.
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    dmonimor wrote: »
    You guys are noobs. I already quit this game. Its supper greedy and buggy. Devs are dumb and they crashed the game into the ground.

see you tomorrow!
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    If you are still wondering, you are much too trusting. By allowing exploits to go on for weeks, and refusing to take the only action they could to fix things, they have shown you all you need to know.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

While the exploits that have been found do not impact my gameplay one little bit.. (i dont use the AH). I do believe exploiters should be perm banned.. and actually IP banned as well. BUT. in banning anyone, that is potential cash out of their pocket. So it would be a bad business move. People that play games seem to forget all this is to PWE is a business, its not love. It comes down to making cash and thats what fuels decisions...
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if it's fun, play. if it's not, find another game. Open Beta is still Beta.