test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for pvp.

konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I've been playing a GWF and doing mainly PvP at level 60. I have all my pvp gear, and such. Well I have some suggestions. My suggestions are in numeral order, 1 is the one I would like to see fixed the most, 2 i'd REALLY love if that was put in, maybe

1. FIX THE QUEUES. I'm tired of having people not get into the matches, or me not get into the matches, it'll queue you up for it, put you in the party when you accept, but not transfer you to the pvp arena, that's a bug that NEEDS to be fixed before it actually does go live. (Perfect world says Live on their site. Cryptic says open beta. Cryptic is the developer. listen to cryptic, not imperfect world)

2. Put a penalty on people that go into matches and afk, and get kicked for afking, and a penalty for those that leave before the match is over. (Don't get pissy community) but add a deserter debuff that won't let you queue for pvp after afking or leaving, so they can't queue for a certain amount of time, for being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

3. Don't let people kick others from the party. I was the leader on my team in points, because they were so bad. The party leader KICKED me from the group before it was over, so I didn't earn my glory or anything. I don't know if he wanted to be the leader so he could get the item, or what. But that shouldn't be allowed. It was one of those people that called the team "noooooooooobs" (exact way too) and he was doing nothing but dying and not helping the team capture points or anything. And it didn't help there was a leaver that match too.

4. Anyone that's played MMOs for a long time and keeps up with news on mmos. Cryptic has a bad history of balance. Star trek online's pvp is basically abandoned because nothings balanced.. back in beta for STO PvP was fun, it was either space battles, or ground battles. Please cryptic, Neverwinter is your first fantasy mmorpg, please try to balance the classes, and keep pvp alive. It's actually enjoyable on here.

5. Add some more gametypes? Domination is fun and all, but I'd like some capture the flag, or just a pure team deathmatch. This game's perfect for pvp, with the combat system. I'd love to see more. Be unique with it.

This is the first MMO I've hit level cap in, (sad I know) and i absolutely love it. It's a masterpiece to me. I want to see it grow, and new content. But as I said, these are suggestions I'd like to see happen.
My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
Post edited by konner on

Comments

• Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could Write a book on things that need to be changed fixed in PvP for this game... :) but those idea's are good starting points
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    given cryptics record with designing pvp. I doubt pvp in this game will ever be worth playing.
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    given cryptics record with designing pvp. I doubt pvp in this game will ever be worth playing.

It already is worth playing.
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    For some reason someone thought it was a good idea that you're basically competing with your own team to try to get the high score and an item. That's what's terrible about the PvP. I understand wanting to punish afkers, but the cost to this is terrible team dynamics.
  • Options
    konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »

Sadly I have to agree. I've been talking with my guild mates about Cryptic's past and how they're not very good with balancing classes. I have some hope though, since this is their first Fantasy MMO, so maybe they'll get it right?
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    For some reason someone thought it was a good idea that you're basically competing with your own team to try to get the high score and an item. That's what's terrible about the PvP. I understand wanting to punish afkers, but the cost to this is terrible team dynamics.

I don't necessarily dislike the idea of competing to get the most points, but it kind of screws healers. I know the main points come from point switching, but you get a significant amount from kills if you are a class that can build a high kill count. This is especially true if on a point.

If they can add in points for healing, that would be great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Balance classes first. That will solve the majority of the PvP issues.

As for kicking, I think it's fine where it is. I've had to kick players in the 60 bracket for afk'ing, but only a few. I've been kicked once from PvP in the 4x bracket but I was being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so I desrved it. Usually people with party lead in PvP are pretty good about it, at least in our server.

I completely agree that there should be debuffs for leavers. It's absolutely absurd in the 60 bracket. Literally, there's a leaver 6/10 games. Put a leaver debuff on them and prevent them from joining for a period of time is exactly what I was thinking. Repeat offender get harsher time outs up to 24 hours. I think that will deter people from leaving, but then we come back to the AFK part.

Having people not zone in seems intermittent. Hasn't happened in quite some time for me (Beholder).

I pretty much agree overall though.
  • Options
    ttnugettnuge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fortunately for me I'm kind of a **** at PvP in this game but whether I win or lose, leader or get pwnded, I actually enjoy it every time. Sure, a balanced, fair experience would be great but for me it's one activity that I have fun with regardless of the outcome.

(I know, I added nothing)
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    konner wrote: »

2. Put a penalty on people that go into matches and afk, and get kicked for afking, and a penalty for those that leave before the match is over. (Don't get pissy community) but add a deserter debuff that won't let you queue for pvp after afking or leaving, so they can't queue for a certain amount of time, for being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

3. Don't let people kick others from the party. I was the leader on my team in points, because they were so bad. The party leader KICKED me from the group before it was over, so I didn't earn my glory or anything. I don't know if he wanted to be the leader so he could get the item, or what. But that shouldn't be allowed. It was one of those people that called the team "noooooooooobs" (exact way too) and he was doing nothing but dying and not helping the team capture points or anything. And it didn't help there was a leaver that match too.

I want to address these.

2. Yes and no. Right now, no. There are too many bugs with the queue system that you would mess up a whole bunch of people's days by implementing this. Right now, people who queue sometimes get bugged out of the match and can't join. But if they leave the group then they would be punished? Through no fault of their own. Once queue bugs are fixed, then yes, implement penalties for leaving. You already get no glory, but if you can't go back for an hour, missing the PvP event? That would be precious.

3. ATM NO! Keep this. Yes, there are ******s out there that will kick to just be be jerks, but honestly, mentioning above, the people who get slotted with leader but are bugged and can't enter also cannot exit the team on their own. They must transfer leader and be kicked by the new leader. A vote could take too long to get a new missing person to replaced the bugged individual. No, for now, it needs to remain as is until the bug is fixed. Once that is done, if a leader wants to kick someone, then a VOTE needs to be mandated.
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    konner wrote: »
    4. Anyone that's played MMOs for a long time and keeps up with news on mmos. Cryptic has a bad history of balance. Star trek online's pvp is basically abandoned because nothings balanced.. back in beta for STO PvP was fun, it was either space battles, or ground battles. Please cryptic, Neverwinter is your first fantasy mmorpg, please try to balance the classes, and keep pvp alive. It's actually enjoyable on here.

As a STO player from closed beta and I still play a few matches everyday I still love the PvP in STO but PvP there has gotten no attention since launch we still have the same 3 arena maps and the one Capture the points map we had at launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    ectoclavectoclav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pirate area..or something...they should make a place for duelling..like a big pirate bar or jist some slum where we pvp'ers can hang out and have fun...