test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Evidence" of earlier existence of ah exploit

j4ckdawj4ckdaw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
(Sorry for my english)

First of all - I am not saying there shouldn't be a wipe or further dev actions.
I read some threads here and I found interesting screenshot of earlier tickets about AD exploit.
And I admire author of this screenshot for his high skill in paint :)

lolfail.jpg

Let's take a closer look

ticket.jpg

seems-legit.jpg
Post edited by j4ckdaw on

Comments

• cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much. I didn't notice that at first, but wondered why the heck it's whited out the wazoo all over the place. :rolleyes:
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea :) very poor fake
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, I kinda figured.

Why the hell would somebody do this anyway, is somebody THAT butthurt over something that they have to fabricate **** to make Cryptic look bad?
    edited May 2013
    LOL, I kinda figured.

Why the hell would somebody do this anyway, is somebody THAT butthurt over something that they have to fabricate **** to make Cryptic look bad?

You'd be surprised what people would do. I mean.. people. That's all you have to know. Sometimes they're just crazy and dumb as heck.
  • reasonpolicereasonpolice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice! I knew this screenshot was bull**** when I first saw it. No idea it was photoshopped though. I've been giggling at all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who spend $500 on Zen during a beta and then get pissed. I've also been giggling at people who are mad in general. All the "quitters" and complainers are so stupid it really is just hilarious.
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clues wrote: »
    You'd be surprised what people would do. I mean.. people. That's all you have to know. Sometimes they're just crazy and dumb as heck.

Truth. And not just people, but people on the INTERNET.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, I kinda figured.

As i said already, there are some seriously disturbed individuals on these forums
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    OK let say the pic is fake it still does not cover the exploit being talked about on reddit weeks ago or is that site fake ? im just trying to be a devils advocate here on the subject.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've heard that they've had this exact same bug in some other Cryptic game, is this true?
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    OK let say the pic is fake it still does not cover the exploit being talked about on reddit weeks ago or is that site fake ? im just trying to be a devils advocate here on the subject.

In what thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    i cant remember what thread exactly now it was a while ago and have reinstalled my pc since then so dont have the history mark :( but i can recollect reading about it.

Bit i do know that it has been here since closed beta and was here in open beta i saw the same one in STO which i still play. I am not leaving over this even if they do not wipe the servers i will still play this as well as i do with STO.
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I said in another post "Photoshop is fun, mmkay!"
    houserin_signature.png
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Um, no. Not just people on the internet.

I don't think he meant only people on the internet.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Nice fake of the original screenshot. Changing the background a hair of shade make it seem fake, when in reality it isn't.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do we know this isn't doctored by op? need more confirmation.
  • burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Nice fake of the original screenshot. Changing the background a hair of shade make it seem fake, when in reality it isn't.

I want some of what your smoking.
  • j4ckdawj4ckdaw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't be ridiculous. Check the adress of image i posted and compare it with adress of pic in other threads. Now open it in paint and zoom. You still think I photoshoped a "fake pic" ? :)
    edited May 2013

Do you have a link to the original? All the ones I am finding are passed on from a previous source and the same image with a visible edit.
    edited May 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I'll just leave that here for people to digest while they argue on forums.
    houserin_signature.png
    edited May 2013
    Please all lets not get bogged down in this pic is fake etc thats just silly. Yes the first one may have been faked just the same as the second one, only the people who posted them know for sure and that is not saying the OP did it at all.

The fact is this has been known about by a few people fora while even in closed beta and should never have made it into the open beta stage. And if im honest i can recall about a week or so age i went to buy something on the AH and it was in a negative number and i couldnt buy it and i didnt think about it at the time if im honest. What a brilliant tool hindsight is i wish i had realised then what was happening and reported it :)
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clues wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the original? All the ones I am finding are passed on from a previous source and the same image with a visible edit.

I'd point out we dont need the screenshot to know this exact same database error existed in STO.

which means nobody bothered fixing their databases.
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    What a brilliant tool hindsight is i wish i had realised then what was happening ad reported it :)

Best thing posted today.
    houserin_signature.png
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Clearly, this didn't happen as well. There is no way they could have known, really. Cryptic are awesome, don't make them look bad.

oA6Z8.jpg
    edited May 2013
    My intention was not to make Cryptic look good but to make authors of this crappy photoshoped evidence look bad. I am not defending Cryptic. By the way I am just wondering why people make fake pics like that if they can find better arguments posted on this forum already....
  • profthadbachprofthadbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is true. This was a problem in STO about a year an half ago to 2 years ago. It took them months to fix it then.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    j4ckdaw wrote: »
    My intention was not to make Cryptic look good but to make authors of this crappy photoshoped evidence look bad. I am not defending Cryptic. By the way I am just wondering why people make fake pics like that if they can find better arguments posted on this forum already....

because its funny.

The fact we know it happened in STO though, pretty much chalks this up to Cryptic being grossly negligent and never thinking "Hmm. we copied over the base STO engine to build NWO on, maybe we should check it for bad coding that already occured in one"

In short. It shows that even in STO, they probably didnt fix the problem. They probably just made sure negative numbers couldnt be used on the ingame AH and completely ignored checking whether the back end databases accepted signed integers.
    edited May 2013
    j4ckdaw wrote: »

People can't tell the difference. You shouldn't bother arguing.
    houserin_signature.png
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    because its funny.

More like pathetic....