test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many of you have actually quit instead of just crying about it?

Comments

• pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quit. I'm sure you can find my character if you really try. I was Beholder and uninstalled this game when I first found out about the exploit, out of utter disgust with PWI. Again.

I played PWI years ago when they had an exploit where you could basically sell a cash shop item to the NPC for ungodly amounts of money and buy zen from the broker and buy another item etc etc. It took them ~12 hrs to shut that down after it was reported also (I went to sleep and it was still going when I woke up.) I'm sure they made many thousands of dollars from people selling zen for crazy inflated prices over that time period also. They did the same thing they are doing here, ban a few people, clear out a few accounts, but the economy was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I quit shortly after.

PWI DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR GAME. People will still play, and they'll have the 'random boxes' that give out game currency for sale in the cash shop soon, I'm sure.

I'm disappointed that this game didn't even make it a month before they had bugs reported in closed beta strike the economy down. I should have known better than to even try a PWI game anymore, but I like D&D and decided to give it a shot. Ah well.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    mimimimi

Anything else you want to say about quitters not posting in the thread ( like the guy above does ) before being completely discredited of your arguments viability?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    It took you 15 minutes to do that in quickmeme.com? Dang. But like mentioned before, they reply to other threads about quitting, why not here? I'll await your 100% logically waterproof counterargument on that.

Because making statistics on fora is as stupid as walking to your nearest burger shack to make a poll on who wins the next presidential election. It is not a statistically representative population. You would know that if you had a semblance of an education.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    I quit. I'm sure you can find my character if you really try. I was Beholder and uninstalled this game when I first found out about the exploit, out of utter disgust with PWI. Again.

I played PWI years ago when they had an exploit where you could basically sell a cash shop item to the NPC for ungodly amounts of money and buy zen from the broker and buy another item etc etc. It took them ~12 hrs to shut that down after it was reported also (I went to sleep and it was still going when I woke up.) I'm sure they made many thousands of dollars from people selling zen for crazy inflated prices over that time period also. They did the same thing they are doing here, ban a few people, clear out a few accounts, but the economy was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I quit shortly after.

PWI DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR GAME. People will still play, and they'll have the 'random boxes' that give out game currency for sale in the cash shop soon, I'm sure.

I'm disappointed that this game didn't even make it a month before they had bugs reported in closed beta strike the economy down. I should have known better than to even try a PWI game anymore, but I like D&D and decided to give it a shot. Ah well.

I'll make my decision when I get a look at the economy after the markets come back up. I feel it's only fair to give them a chance to prove they can fix the problem.
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Because making statistics on fora is as stupid as walking to your nearest burger shack to make a poll on who wins the next presidential election. It is not a statistically representative population. You would know that if you had a semblance of an education.

Nice attempt on a miserable comeback from being proved wrong. I'll add you to my magical ignore list since I already beat you in the argument you created.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    Nice attempt on a miserable comeback from being proved wrong. I'll add you to my magical ignore list since I already beat you in the argument you created.

My job is done here.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ishaan2000 wrote: »
    4th edition is too advanced and complicated for me. I have trouble understanding how to use it. I prefer something simple like what games like COD and Halo have. Where you just point your cursor and click the mouse left button and people die.

I realize you're being sarcastic here, but, I'll answer anyway. I disagree, I think 3rd ed, 3.5, are much more complex but you are entitled to that opinion! 4th ED definitely makes more sense as a combat system to be used in an MMO, as it translates into something somewhat familiar to gamers even if they have never played Dungeons and Dragons before. However, 4th ed is also a big departure from the style of RPG DnD is "supposed" to be, so for me, someone who grew up playing NWN 1 (3rd edition rule set) and TT (3rd ed/3.5), it does not feel like the DnD I know and love.

I don't know what peoples' issues with Halo and CoD are, personally. People toss around these games like playing them somehow defines the player's life. I don't play either one of these franchises and even if I did, it wouldn't be saying anything about me as a person because, generally, normal people don't use video games as a means to say something about themself. They're both just games that fill the needs and wants of a specific demographic, no more or less so than any other video game.

You are perfectly free to dislike them, but if you do, at least dislike them for the right reasons and stop using it as a childish method of determining someone's self worth. You are just parroting the opinions of other people, in an uncreative, completely predictable way. I mean, if you're going to try to insult me there's plenty of better ammunition than constructing some strawman argument of my nonexistent love of games I don't play.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is bumping allowed?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    Ofcourse it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Is bumping allowed?

No. Bumping is very rude.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No. Bumping is very rude.
    Ok I won't do it again.
  • ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I won't do it again.
    K thanx guy
    edited May 2013
    K thanx guy
    No problem man.
  • cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not sure, comming very close.
    I dont like the approach of penalising people who play legitimately becuase of a few who exploit.

Also, really object to rollbacks when people have traded what amounts to real money legitimately. Esp for things like lockboxes...

Now I'm just thinking, is it worth even bothering, what happens when the next exploit happens, do I lose my progress again? My confidence has gone.
    edited May 2013
    You know, the general forum rules say 'goodbye posts are not allowed' soooo.... Anyone posting in this thread is going to get a warning anyways. As the OP should be, for starting a goodbye thread. Ha.
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    You know, the general forum rules say 'goodbye posts are not allowed' soooo.... Anyone posting in this thread is going to get a warning anyways. As the OP should be, for starting a goodbye thread. Ha.
    Including you as well I guess?
  • adfi90yoadfi90yo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not decided. I might quit cuz im ****ed pissed off. I lost a lot progressing yesterday
    and on top of that. Ive been waiting for their fkn support to help me for 19days...

Jesus christ. Get your **** together Cryptic & Perfect World..
    (a perfect world would be perfect without "perfect world")
    Rage QQ
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    barking dog does not bite,:p
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would the people quitting come to this forum anymore?

And even if they did, why would they respond to you so that you can belittle them for quitting in the first place?

This thread is EPIC FAIL. I really can't believe some idiot would actually spend TIME keeping a "quitter scorecard" for no other reason than to start a new thread to hear himself talk. If you want to justify your being a fanboi of this game - go play it instead of trolling.
    edited May 2013
    Including you as well I guess?

Wouldn't have said anything if it didn't include me as well~
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread has inspired me to do a list myself. Though it's for non-quitters only! But you can get a free kitty, so it's cool. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    bulvyne wrote: »
    Agree it makes no sense.
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Kinda pulled the trigger on myself with this one. Not really quit but in a static mode until new pvp content or classes come out. Bought the HOtN pack and hit 60 on day 2 of the 5 day early access. Im strictly a pvp player so if you haven't guessed things got stale pretty quickly. So ima wait it out, as for the bugs I couldn't care less, I have my pvp set and my enchantments in place, I don't really care about the economy anymore except what the price on pvp gear is that im selling. Just bored right now. I jump on every once in awhile or when I see new patch notes up. I also jump on the forums daily to update my CW pvp guide and answer questions. Hoping the Ranger is released soon =)
    edited May 2013
    bulvyne wrote: »

And even if they did, why would they respond to you so that you can belittle them for quitting in the first place?.

Oh wow, just the 5th guy to come say that and the 5th guy to miss the page where its detailed why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is this a gaming forum or a Weight Watchers club?
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
    edited May 2013
    harming18 wrote: »
    Kinda pulled the trigger on myself with this one. Not really quit but in a static mode until new pvp content or classes come out. Bought the HOtN pack and hit 60 on day 2 of the 5 day early access. Im strictly a pvp player so if you haven't guessed things got stale pretty quickly. So ima wait it out, as for the bugs I couldn't care less, I have my pvp set and my enchantments in place, I don't really care about the economy anymore except what the price on pvp gear is that im selling. Just bored right now. I jump on every once in awhile or when I see new patch notes up. I also jump on the forums daily to update my CW pvp guide and answer questions. Hoping the Ranger is released soon =)

A good post amongst all the "why would anyone post in this thread" -which was already discussed before. And quitters have ALREADY posted in this thread so, touche.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Bump, any more quitters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • superprometheussuperprometheus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Charge back my euros and im gone bye bye
  • thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I quit just finished deleting the full folder. I only had a 7.5k gs rogue though.
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Yea im done. I was still debating which stat build Rogue to go with.
    So luckily this answered my question. I got back into real D&D this week so this is just more incentive to stop researching neverwinter and researching the real stuff.
    It was a shame. I like a good D&D setting, so much lore already there to work with. All you do is make some mechanics and you're golden.
    Add in a currency shop and you realize thats gold colored foil and underneath is hot gahbij.
This discussion has been closed.