test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why a wipe or rollback isn't necessary.

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1. All they have to do is target those AH posts that were bidding in the negative, remove those posts, absorb the AD involved and ban the players.

2. Any zen purchased or sold as in relation to those accounts, revoked.

3. Any AD transferred to other accounts from the banned accounts revoked and payment returned to player.

This is all done AFTER the exploit is patched of coarse. Another reason a rollback will hurt this game is to consider those who are innocent players who just got to 60 yesterday or today. You want to punish them and make them start back again. That will cause people to quit for sure. What about the player that finally got his first tier 2 piece last night?

No this needs to be a surgical fix not a carpet bomb approach.
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• Options
    mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about all those "cats giveaway" and other itens that was purchased by legit AH sellers using dirty AD ?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @OP, You are naive, that's the only thing I can assume from you post.

Stuff have been transferred to other accounts, exploiters gave away a lot of stuff and so on - ALL the ones they traded with NEED to get banned as well.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    moletasmoletas Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Your friend exploited and shared all guild or his dorm tons of AD gl on having fairr game. I saw people tooday who cant beat t1 boss runing in t2 gear with epick mounts.

this must be wipe. or rollback to date than bug appeared.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ad is long gone from the accounts , they didn't do anything about the last 3 exploits also .

Bottomline is - they have to wipe everything and refund the founders , keep the characters at their lvl but remove the ad and the gear from the ah and from the accounts .

It's only fair .
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP exploited and made millions then bought up tons of cats. That's all you need to know when ppl defend **** like this.
  • Options
    jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides the fact that Cryptic/PWE just lost tens of thousands of dollars in sales...yeah you're right *smacks head*, what a genius you are!

No way the company losing that much money will effect the game or us...talk about naive.
  • Options
    athrogatezathrogatez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove all AD from game and any item that gives ad's give every 1 $50 worth of zen and let the economy build 24k ads at a time
  • Options
    xblade7703xblade7703 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also its a F2P game so banning is not as big a deal as in games of old. another variable the naive or child OP forgot.

all in all sounds like OP wants to slap a murder on the wrists, instead of giving him the death penalty! the game needs a SHOCK! :) see what i did there lol
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic didn't do anything about the last 4 MAJOR exploits... what makes you think they are going to do anything about this one... Ohhh ya this one hurts thiir WALLETS cus people took ZEN from the CASH SHOP.

Guardian Fighters - 1shoting bosses (THEY DID NOTHING)
    Pirate Exploit - (again They did nothing)
    the list goes on....

Yet people put up bids on the AH -1MILLION and flood the market buy up cats, and take all their ZEN and hit them in the wallets and now its a BIG DEAL. But the bigger issue is it hurts the in-game encomoy. I hope they roll the servers back or do a FULL WIPE
  • Options
    xamtuulxamtuul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xblade7703 wrote: »
    also its a F2P game so banning is not as big a deal as in games of old. another variable the naive or child OP forgot.

all in all sounds like OP wants to slap a murder on the wrists, instead of giving him the death penalty! the game needs a SHOCK! :) see what i did there lol

Hello. Curious - Am I to understand that anyone who does not want a complete wipe of the servers is most likely naive, and/or a child, and/or an exploiter? The OP offered some alternatives (or alternative approaches) to a complete wipe, but it just seems he gets attacked. Has this become: You are either with me or against me. ?
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    The post below has been deleted by Perfect World multiple times. I am now concerned that if I continue posting it I will be banned from the game.

Hopefully you will at least be banned from the forums for posting this in multiple threads.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A "surgical fix" of that magnitude would be great, but I don't think there's any point in even having expectations for something so resource-intense. In all likelyhood there will be some bans and other placebo measures before the issue is officially solved. If the devs cared as much as you hoped, there would've been better measures against the previous exploits.