test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeoneering claims to let you see traps, but doesn't.

rebelscum58rebelscum58 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since I haven't seen this commented on...

The guardian fighter I was playing in the beta had the dungeoneering skill, which on its tooltip says it lets you see traps. But, none of the traps I ran into showed up before I actually got hit by them. They did remain visible afterward though. If that's the intended effect of the skill then it needs to be made more clear on the tooltip. On the other hand, if it's supposed to let you see them before they go off then that needs to be fixed because it doesn't, at least for me.

Props for having traps in the game at all, though. Makes it feel more like D&D.
Post edited by rebelscum58 on

Comments

• Options
    fregrinfregrin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I saw traps until set them off either, would be fun say rogue can disarm em...plus need more traps in ddo was half the fun..
  • Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    You were probably just moving too quickly. I play a fighter as well and I could see them just fine. The thing is with the fighter though, you can't see them until you almost walk over them.
  • Options
    gouldan1gouldan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same issue with my Guardian Fighter, and I was pretty careful moving forward as I was mostly by myself.

I could only view them once I had stumbled through it first.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When i played a trickster all traps were glowy like skill items and i got a prompt to disarm them. Disarming traps probibly should be more a thevery thing than a dungeneering thing. my fighter found a lot of hidden doors. or maybe they should let us pick our skills rather than binding them to class. both thevery/dungeoneering seem to want to cover much the same areas. it may have been better to just combine them and come up with something more hacknslashy for the fighter,
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hmm still,sounds like needs sorting out..
  • Options
    hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When i played a trickster all traps were glowy like skill items and i got a prompt to disarm them. Disarming traps probibly should be more a thevery thing than a dungeneering thing. my fighter found a lot of hidden doors. or maybe they should let us pick our skills rather than binding them to class. both thevery/dungeoneering seem to want to cover much the same areas. it may have been better to just combine them and come up with something more hacknslashy for the fighter,

hmmmm.... on my rogue, the traps sparkle in the official content
    but all the foundry contents i've been in hasn't shown the trap to my rogue until he is literally 1 step away from the trap
    that and a lot of the foundry contents has issues with traps not being targetable due to bad placement
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dungeoneering has its uses - mainly, it seems, for unlocking secret areas (although Religion has done this before, too). My rogue can ALWAYS see the traps (it seems) and disarm them handily. My fighter and cleric can see them if they move slowly enough, and if they use a Thievery Tools consumable, they can also DISARM the traps. I -love- those little consumables.

I routinely stock up on the four types that my character doesn't get by default (mage powder, milk of chauntia, 10' pole and incense for the rogue character, eg). Oh, and portable altars so I can heal up out of combat (and refresh Invocations) deeper in dungeons.
  • Options
    foxtsilverukfoxtsilveruk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited February 2013
    I played all 3 classes during beta. All classes could see the traps. The rogue can sense and see traps ahead of them the other 2 classes can see the trap if they are practically standing next to it. I want traps to kill. One thing that was a rogues hate in ddo was rushers. If people rush they must take the risk of death, random traps would be awesome too, which I thought was supposed to be implemented?
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That must be an error in the description. Thievery is the one that allows you a special advantage of seeing traps. Hopefully they will correct this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You CAN see traps, you just have to be right on top of them almost...
    Proof: http://youtu.be/y1XY71-PxXk?t=3m35s
    In my video you can see them pop up as shaded boxes when you get close and disappear when you move away.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    that is silly hard to see,especially when plowing thru dungeon
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fregrin wrote: »
    that is silly hard to see,especially when plowing thru dungeon

Indeed... But if everyone with dungeoneering can see the traps a large distance before they reach them, what's the point of the thief having the ability to see them? I'm pretty sure it's designed like this so that the thieves play a more active role in dungeon delving.
    Also (if you look closely) you can see the round exit-port for the traps' arrows before you ever see the pressure plate... Which gives non-thief characters a good idea that a trap is nearby. Granted, this doesn't help with the buzz-saws or spikes in the floor...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You don't see traps with Dungeoneering, you DISABLE traps with Thievery.

But only rogues get the sparkle interact guarantee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then the tooltip for the skill needs to be made a lot clearer.
  • Options
    yggytreeyggytree Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    The tooltip needs to be fixed, yes. It is badly worded. The whole disarming traps thing should come into play at the end of the "adventure", perhaps as a little bonus xp or reward for your efforts.
This discussion has been closed.