test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What a huge let down

acdceeacdcee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What a huge let down this game is and it isn't the game play it is the economy that is rotten in Denmark here . I mean seriously 10 dollars real cash for 1k zen which is only enough to buy just a single backpack? For disabled and retired people like me there is no way I can afford to play this not so free to play game and will not continue playing it unless they make some major changes to give you real value for your money. And don't even go there with " buy stuff with astral diamonds pah what a joke costs over 700k just to train to ride a mount or like this 55k to buy a key to open a lost chest and other items just get more ridiculously higher no thanks you can keep this game it is not for me and I am not the only person that feels this way so have fun those of you staying but I quit. what a waste of my 60 dollar founder fee so sad .
Post edited by acdcee on

Comments

• coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing the game and have only spent money on extra character slots. I'm lvl 50 on my main and the Zen store has nothing I want or, more importantly, need.
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    acdcee wrote: »
    What a huge let down this game is and it isn't the game play it is the economy that is rotten in Denmark here . I mean seriously 10 dollars real cash for 1k zen which is only enough to buy just a single backpack? For disabled and retired people like me there is no way I can afford to play this not so free to play game and will not continue playing it unless they make some major changes to give you real value for your money. And don't even go there with " buy stuff with astral diamonds pah what a joke costs over 700k just to train to ride a mount or like this 55k to buy a key to open a lost chest and other items just get more ridiculously higher no thanks you can keep this game it is not for me and I am not the only person that feels this way so have fun those of you staying but I quit. what a waste of my 60 dollar founder fee so sad .

you can buy anything off the zen store with out having to spend a dime of real life money. there are ways to convert AD to zen and back again. All you need to do is play the auction house. You dont need to buy anything before 60 so save up all your astral Dimonds from doing Dailies and from doing events. Once 60 you can do the epic dungeons and sell loot you dont need on the AH for Astral Dimonds along with doing dailies. I've made over 5mil AD this week alone selling epic Loot i won by Greed rolling in the epic dungeons.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    I'm playing the game and have only spent money on extra character slots. I'm lvl 50 on my main and the Zen store has nothing I want or, more importantly, need.

That's great coggage, really -- but it would still be nice if the people who did want, or more important, need the items felt more comfortable with the prices in the shop. I'm willing to bet they would make more profits if things were cheaper, because people would be willing to buy more (and wouldn't feel like they're being ripped off). That's just speculation, but it seems reasonable to me.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    lcraw78 wrote: »
    you can buy anything off the zen store with out having to spend a dime of real life money. there are ways to convert AD to zen and back again. All you need to do is play the auction house. You dont need to buy anything before 60 so save up all your astral Dimonds from doing Dailies and from doing events. Once 60 you can do the epic dungeons and sell loot you dont need on the AH for Astral Dimonds along with doing dailies. I've made over 5mil AD this week alone selling epic Loot i won by Greed rolling in the epic dungeons.

:rolleyes:
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I do not think the prices are going to change,maybe some sales further down the road.The only thing that will make that change is if people stop buying from the Zen store.
  • trazkertrazker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It depends on what your perception of value is. I mean if you pay a monthly subscription you are spending much more money in the long run, even for periods of time when you are only repeating the same instance over and over. I prefer this F2P aspect because this way I only pay for stuff when I decide to pay for it and actually receive something new for it every time.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trazker wrote: »
    It depends on what your perception of value is. I mean if you pay a monthly subscription you are spending much more money in the long run, even for periods of time when you are only repeating the same instance over and over. I prefer this F2P aspect because this way I only pay for stuff when I decide to pay for it and actually receive something new for it every time.

This is true if you only have a few alts. If you have several the cost of bags/companion training really adds up fast.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PROTIP: You don't need bags.

No really, you don't.

Really.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought 3k zen with AD for around 370 each, now the prices are +470 due to exploits. This game isn't worth putting real money on at its current state anyway, nor is it worth playing the legit way without a fresh server or character wipe.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    I bought 3k zen with AD for around 370 each, now the prices are +470 due to exploits. This game isn't worth putting real money on at its current state anyway, nor is it worth playing the legit way without a fresh server or character wipe.

Wait a minute. Surely you could just sell your ZEN now and profit when the market stabilizes?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    This is true if you only have a few alts. If you have several the cost of bags/companion training really adds up fast.

Or you just use those alts for storage. I spent $5 on two character slots. Named one Runes and the other Enchants. I mail all that junk to them, and they hold on to & combine it. (Also, I leveled them through Blacklake for the extra 18 slot bag, up to lv 11 so they can do Crafting & Invoking.)

..now if only they'd stick a couple more Postal Couriers around the place. :D
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Surely you could just sell your ZEN now and profit when the market stabilizes?

I bought the zen horse as it was account wide and cheaper on the long run than a 1 million nightmare horse. It's becoming a nightmare for legit players when exploiters get millions of ADs a day.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    PROTIP: You don't need bags.

No really, you don't.

Really.

/cry But I'm a hoarder, for real. I hate to get rid of anything I "might" be able to use, and never know what that something might be.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.