test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How PerfectWorld killed this game for me

Comments

• Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ever hear of a telephone?
  • Options
    reasonpolicereasonpolice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World Entertainment is, was, and always will be pure garbage. They are the single worst gaming-related company I've ever seen. Even EA and Sony are better by a huge margin. I will never give them one cent of my money.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World Entertainment is, was, and always will be pure garbage. They are the single worst gaming-related company I've ever seen. Even EA and Sony are better by a huge margin. I will never give them one cent of my money.

As much as I hate to say it, but SoE has great customer service...not sure on EA as I never really had too much dealings with them. But OP's post...that is terrifying and shows how/why PEOPLE need to deal with other people, and not automated responses.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I see the problem here. You was banned because customer service answered your ticket. That my friend is an exploit because there is no one suppose to be answering tickets at all.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    klraklra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Upvoted.

Im really sorry you got into this pal.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Ever hear of a telephone?

No but I've heard of cellphones and what would I do with that in regards to this thread? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No but I've heard of cellphones and what would I do with that in regards to this thread? Thanks in advance.

Sure, give them a call, you have a much better chance of having your issue resolved if you talk to a real person. But since you are so young that you never heard of a telephone, I don't fault you for not knowing that. You're welcome.

EDIT: Oh, you're not even the OP, just some useless troll, lol.
  • Options
    fuse410fuse410 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played a few PWE games at this point. Every one has driven me off due to server issues, account issues, and some of the slowest, unfriendly, and unhelpful customer support I have ever seen. Literally.

Luckily I can't even get this game to install! Bullet = dodged.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, give them a call, you have a much better chance of having your issue resolved if you talk to a real person. But since you are so young that you never heard of a telephone, I don't fault you for not knowing that. You're welcome.

if by real person you mean outsourced people in india with a barely coherent accent and a list of good excuses to hang up on you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    if by real person you mean outsourced people in india with a barely coherent accent and a list of good excuses to hang up on you.

Yup, if you get someone in India, ask to speak to an American rep, by law they have to transfer you to one, you're welcome.
  • Options
    naughtylilgirlnaughtylilgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, life sucks then you die.
  • Options
    supergp17supergp17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, I feel for you. Cryptic, get it together!
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Sorry man that happen to you. Thanks for the post and warning.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I've had a missing gear ticket in for a week.. No response
  • Options
    zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE doesn't have a good hacker prevention crew I have a friend on WOI that told me not to buy zen because people see you with zen items and they hack your account just to steal your zen coins and items of power and all your non bound gears.

when I started playing neverwinter I did the same thing I will NEVER!!! EVER!!! spend and form of non gaming currency on zen, how ever I will do the survey things for zen and use that.

sorry to hear about the terrible customer service I too experience issuses close to you, with SOE and their games, I spend money here only because all items are avalible players and have special offers for f2p members to where they get their online currency. Not say or suggesting anyone to go to SOE everyone is their own person.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

EDIT: Oh, you're not even the OP, just some useless troll, lol.

That's funny I stand up for your MF rights as a consumer and I am the troll. LOL

The OP is using their chosen method of customer support.

Go to their support page there is a contact us: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

It's a form to fill out.

There is a list of issues you can choose to start support.... All lead to a form to fill out.

I won't say there isn't a phone #, but it is definitely not their preferred choice in any support matter. And if you would be so kind, for my knowledge should I need it in the future. Provide me a link that is easy to find off their support page that has a number for which I can call to answer issues I may have. Thanks.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PWE doesn't have a good hacker prevention crew I have a friend on WOI that told me not to buy zen because people see you with zen items and they hack your account just to steal your zen coins and items of power and all your non bound gears.

If this stuff happened, it would be pretty common. Go to the AH, look at people who sell expensive stuff - like Twilight Nightmares, and it shows you their handle and everything. Here in the forum, every founder has a tag. There is no flood of hacking reports. I never saw anyone in the game make the claim, either.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

when I started playing neverwinter I did the same thing I will NEVER!!! EVER!!! spend and form of non gaming currency on zen, how ever I will do the survey things for zen and use that.

sorry to hear about the terrible customer service I too experience issuses close to you, with SOE and their games, I spend money here only because all items are avalible players and have special offers for f2p members to where they get their online currency. Not say or suggesting anyone to go to SOE everyone is their own person.

I've never had to wait even a full day for a response from SOE's CSRs, and I've been playing their games constantly since EQ1 launched. PWE, on the other hand, I've played only a few games from and have never had a ticket answered in less than a week.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    They restored everything he paid for and gave him, on top of that, $25 for a level 48 character, even though they are not responsible for the actual issue (other than being unable to restore the character, but we don't know why -- and they did give compensation for that). To me, that is pretty good customer support.

As Argantis wrote, what's needed is an authenticator, because many people treat their computer like a toaster.

It's true that we can't judge the actions taken without really knowing why they couldn't restore the character. And yes, getting hacked is almost always partially your own fault. But that doesn't excuse bad customer service in the least, and in this case if nothing else it was extremely slow. four days* is not the slowest I have heard but it is still a long time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There are very few, if any, legitimate excuses for an MMO not to have character data backed up. They should always have a backup. Always. Even if you account was hacked for a week, they should still have character data older than that saved if they're doing it right. Sadly PWE rarely does anything right.

I would not hold this up as an example of "good" customer service. It took them nearly a month and they couldn't even really resolve the issue. That's pathetic.
  • Options
    oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hear you friend. I too am done with this game.

I am on day 17 waiting to hear what happened to all of my Auctions after a patch. (I spent $25 on a Zen card, on a drunken whim at 7-11 one night, and bought ALL keys with it... put eveything up on the AH, went to bed, patch hit, woke up to no items on the AH, and no mail. (I was expecting well over 1Mil AD.. lots of purples.)

PWE is, has been, and will always be the Epitome of swindlers.

This was their last chance from me as well..

I really, really, really wanted Neverwinter to be the game for me...
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some really silly responses from the blind followers in this post. I'll tell you why he was targeted. because he's bought a founder pack. I'll tell you why he had his account compromised, because he used the same password that he's used on his cryptic account for STO for years. Thos passwords were stolen when Cryptic were hacked, along with personal infor such as names, addresses and partial credit card numbers. What did Cryptic do about that? They waited 16 months to inform anyone that it had happened. It's the same reason I was inexplicably robbed of all my stuff in wow after 4 years of play. because someone took the password i used for both accounts from cryptic's servers and cryptic neglected to tell anyone.

Those passwords are all available for a price to hackers on huge databases. if you use any info now that you used back in 2010 chances are that someone knows it and if they decide to come after your account they just need to search your email and known alias' in a database to see if a known password is stored. That's the extent of account hacking these days.

Making excuses for cryptic ( who run the game, pwe just fun them, market and distribute games, Cryptic are responsible for all the running of it and server accounts ) is pathetic. Or perhaps cryptic are still in "beta"?
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some really silly responses from the blind followers in this post. I'll tell you why he was targeted. because he's bought a founder pack. I'll tell you why he had his account compromised, because he used the same password that he's used on his cryptic account for STO for years. Thos passwords were stolen when Cryptic were hacked, along with personal infor such as names, addresses and partial credit card numbers. What did Cryptic do about that? They waited 16 months to inform anyone that it had happened. It's the same reason I was inexplicably robbed of all my stuff in wow after 4 years of play. because someone took the password i used for both accounts from cryptic's servers and cryptic neglected to tell anyone.

Those passwords are all available for a price to hackers on huge databases. if you use any info now that you used back in 2010 chances are that someone knows it and if they decide to come after your account they just need to search your email and known alias' in a database to see if a known password is stored. That's the extent of account hacking these days.

Making excuses for cryptic ( who run the game, pwe just fun them, market and distribute games, Cryptic are responsible for all the running of it and server accounts ) is pathetic. Or perhaps cryptic are still in "beta"?

Of course they are. hell, they still only hace City of Heroes to brag about (nevermind CoH was far better after they left it, do everything in their power to sweep champions online under the rug, and now Neverwinter adds yet again to their pile of good ideas and ****ty execution.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Lol, throw this on Reddit, and watch PWE stumble on their words, and try to make what is wrong, right.

Lotta people use Reddit, I myself don't, but if you wanna spread the word, I'd suggest using them.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd be upset at first too. But if all my hard work was gone, I'd simply just leave the game behind me. PWE's support isn't worth the time nor effort. They "claim" to have thousands of tickets to go through, whether that's true or not, who knows. One thing is for sure though, It shouldn't take 16 days to finally get something done with one person.

That would be the way to go, I agree. Just posting on these forums will get you exactly nowhere, because they are in control of this site. If they think you are a problem, they can just delete the thread. Posting it on a 3rd party site, where more people than this (relatively) small forum community will see it, is the way to push back against a company that has treated you poorly.

And they CAN, absolutely, restore your character. "Can" is not the same as "will". They will not restore your character, but you can bet that your character is stored somewhere in their database, and they are perfectly capable of calling up that backup file, and restoring it to your account. Don't believe them for a second when they say they "can't", because what they really mean is, "You haven't raised a big enough stink yet, and we think it will easier for us to silence you than to give you what you actually want."

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    zachredinzachredin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is how they're going to deal with compromised accounts then this game is dead already. Sorry for your character being deleted.

One thing I'd recommend is filing a dispute with your credit card company/bank/however you paid for your Founder's Pack and get your money back. That's the only way they'll actually care.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    " Originally Posted by PerfectWorld
    Hello

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore this character.

We have restored your Founder's Pack items, astral diamonds and Zen, including an extra 2500 zen as a sign of our appreciation for your patience and understanding. We sincerely apologize for our inability to restore your characters.

Thank you again for your patience and we hope to see you in game soon!"

so they said they are sorry and gave you 25 bucks for your bad experience. how is that bad customer service?
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    so they said they are sorry and gave you 25 bucks for your bad experience. how is that bad customer service?

No, they didn't. They gave him a coupon.
  • Options
    porter35porter35 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still, OP says that they did nothing but ban his account and delete his character. That's clearly not true. He may not be satisfied with the AD/Zen refund plus 2500 Zen, but that's at least an acknowledgement that something got screwed up and they're trying to make up for it, even if it's not enough for him.
  • Options
    eggsneggsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    /bump because I am really curious how the customer service is in this game. I myself have lost AD through gateway a couple weeks ago and have gotten no response from customer service.

There would've been many ways to have helped this guy and the Zen, founder's pack that he bought, etc. is one of them. They could've given him a lvl 42 character too if they cannot bring back his old one.

A lot of things are possible in the digital world if the customer service person is creative enough. Of course, seemingly lack of accountability on the customer service group doesn't help with customers like the OP and other get the wrong impression. The OP bought a service/product that's as tangible as a new car or home mortgage or warranty repair, etc.
  • Options
    sharpyscssharpyscs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Went through the entire post and not a single staff response... This is really bad on they're part.
This discussion has been closed.