What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Email confirmation sends to new email address /hacked accounts

13»

Comments

• swineplayerswineplayer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    garrisdd wrote: »
    Wait you put in a ticket 5 hours ago and they already gave you your account back?

Yes. Maybe because it was an obvious hack? I don't know. I would stay away from Gateway for a while.
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Yes. Maybe because it was an obvious hack? I don't know. I would stay away from Gateway for a while.

Interesting, come to think of it, I used gateway for the first time during the day my account was hacked... Hmmm. Any idea how that might happen?
  • swineplayerswineplayer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krayzeeone wrote: »
    Interesting, come to think of it, I used gateway for the first time during the day my account was hacked... Hmmm. Any idea how that might happen?

I am not necessarily saying that IS the cause, and Support has not told me that. I am just saying the coincidence has taught me to stay away. I am looking at an empty character screen though wondering if I have the stomach to click Create Character all over again, and not having any of my Founder's stuff.
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I am not necessarily saying that IS the cause, and Support has not told me that. I am just saying the coincidence has taught me to stay away. I am looking at an empty character screen though wondering if I have the stomach to click Create Character all over again, and not having any of my Founder's stuff.

I hear you. I think if I lose everything (which doesn't even include the Founder's stuff), I think I'll just be done with this game and Cryptic/PWE and chalk it up to another bad F2P experience.
  • garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    krayzeeone wrote: »
    I hear you. I think if I lose everything (which doesn't even include the Founder's stuff), I think I'll just be done with this game and Cryptic/PWE and chalk it up to another bad F2P experience.

If i lose my character in NW maybe I could level a new one but why would I? Losing my STO stuff would be just game over. With the fact they want us to give them money for a game where you could lose everything at anytime seems like a waste of money.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

We take these situations very seriously. If you have received a notification that the email address on your PWE account was changed, and you were not the one who initiated the change, please take these steps to secure your account:

1. Log into your account and change the email address back to something that you control.
    2. Change the password to something that is strong and unique.
    The password should be between 6 and 14 characters.
    A mixture of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, and numbers is recommended.
    The password should NOT be the same as one you have used in the past or used on another account you have.
    3. Contact Customer Support if you need further assistance by sending an email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com.
    The subject line should read "Compromised Account".
    Please include your PWE account name, in-game @Handle name, and original email address that was used when registering the account so we can quickly identify you.
    Please send only one (1) ticket about this and avoid submitting duplicates.

General guidelines to keep your account as secure as possible:
    NEVER share your user name or password with anyone else.
    NEVER use the same user name or password on multiple accounts.
    NEVER visit sites advertising gold for sale in our games

We're investigating these reports and hope to have a solution very soon! Thanks for your patience.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
This discussion has been closed.