test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Delves - Does anyone else feel this way?

124»

Comments

• djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now if you guys have suggestions for improving the loot mechanics bring it on. I am merely stating that supplying hordes of purple gear for every dungeon isn't a good solution. In fact if you want dungeons to be more rewarding the purple gear should actually become rarer and alternate rewards of value should be dropped such as Refined Astral Diamonds. :)
    I did a few pages back :
    - Remove the event, remove the chest, make the final boss have a 100% chance to drop 1 set item (1 for the whole group), make set items BoP. That would probably average to 60 dungeons if you aim for a full set + amu/rings etc.
    - Or remove the set time for dungeon events and make them more flexible, like using daily quests to unlock them for your character. That way you have to work to get your chest, and you're not screwed by time constraints.
  • eendddeenddd Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My whole problem with DD is that it contains specific gear pieces which do not drop without it. This means that there is no point in playing dungeons (for me basicly playing the game) when its not on. Atleast give those DD pieces a low droprate when the event isnt on so there's still a chanse to get them..
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    eenddd wrote: »
    My whole problem with DD is that it contains specific gear pieces which do not drop without it. This means that there is no point in playing dungeons (for me basicly playing the game) when its not on. Atleast give those DD pieces a low droprate when the event isnt on so there's still a chanse to get them..

They drop, just extremely rarely.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • badbob117badbob117 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been missing em pretty regularly in east coast. They seem to always be at the worst of times on the weekdays. Thankfully my weekends are free.
  • dalriondalrion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First note I did say:

There have been numerous posts in this thread which said the solution is to remove the Dungeon Delve Event and leave the chest full time. The dungeon delve event gives a guaranteed purple drop to every party member.
    If you disagree with that kudos. I'm not fighting to make events more rewarding. I'm stating that the solution proposed by many people in this thread is a 'no-no' game breaking suggestion which would have the opposite effect.

Do not tell me you ever played game on 60 lvl. Becouse you would know that DD DOES NOT repeat DOES NOT give guaranteed purple drop. There is big chance to get some useless blue. I said this in my posts, but you obviously dont read them.
    This is not first nonsence you said in this thread. You are constantly saying only thinks you need to deffend your theory no matter if it is truth or not.
    Guys how can we argue with comunity moderator who is saying so many mistakes about game or just not telling truth to convice us about his opinion?...
    edited June 2013
    Apart from the loots, there are also a lot of design features that are missing to simply make the dungeons interesting : raid mode (supposedly coming, when ?), progression/competition (no feeling of that in NW), achievements (none), team play (mostly zerg mode right now), reputations (none), etc.. They do need to work on that really hard, otherwise people are just going to leave.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    dalrion wrote: »
    *snip*

I have completed every dungeon on epic other than Castle Never. I have never received anything besides a purple item from the bonus chest (out of 15 chests or so). I'm not generally a lucky person so if there is a chance at getting blue I'd be surprised but it certainly isn't a "large chance."

You might disagree with my own findings. They might not be completely true if there's a rare chance for something else. But let's not try to assume I haven't played. ;)

Thank you to those who gave suggestions rather than, yet again, avoiding giving feedback. :)
    Just to note if items aren't able to be sold AD would be rather hard to come by. What would you suggest replace the functionallity of the AD Value drops if gear was made BoP.

Like it or not the AH is a major part of the game and gear is the main thing which players will be exchanging on the AH. Without some sort of drops going on there a major part of the game would fall out of balance.
    edited June 2013
    I have completed every dungeon on epic other than Castle Never. I have never received anything besides a purple item from the bonus chest (out of 15 chests or so). I'm not generally a lucky person so if there is a chance at getting blue I'd be surprised but it certainly isn't a "large chance."

You might disagree with my own findings. They might not be completely true if there's a rare chance for something else. But let's not try to assume I haven't played. ;)

Thank you to those who gave suggestions rather than, yet again, avoiding giving feedback. :)
    Just to note if items aren't able to be sold AD would be rather hard to come by. What would you suggest replace the functionallity of the AD Value drops if gear was made BoP.

Like it or not the AH is a major part of the game and gear is the main thing which players will be exchanging on the AH. Without some sort of drops going on there a major part of the game would fall out of balance.

Chance is not small like you think. There are threads where people complaining that they are getting blue items more often than purple (most of them are probably unlucky..) Again i am surprised you dont know this as community moderator...
    You are just too uncompromising and making too mistakes in your statements on moderoderator... Most of people gived good feedbacks here. But if you dont like them you dont accept them as feedbacks....and that is another mistake.
    And problem with AD? Having 3 types of currency like neverwinter has is not good from basics. If something has no value in this game it is gold. AD shoud be used only as premium currency. Way how to obtain things from store without paying real money for zen. Gold shoud be used for everything else.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    dalrion wrote: »
    Chance is not small like you think. There are threads where people complaining that they are getting blue items more often than purple (most of them are probably unlucky..) Again i am surprised you dont know this as community moderator...
    I am a player. I have no more or less experience as the next player. As such my comments will always be based on my experience and only when I have experience in said instances which happens to contradict some feedback.
    And problem with AD? Having 3 types of currency like neverwinter has is not good from basics. If something has no value in this game it is gold. AD shoud be used only as premium currency. Way how to obtain things from store without paying real money for zen. Gold shoud be used for everything else.

That's not something which is likely going to change, sorry to say, and it's clear that using the AH was part of the plan in balancing some of the AD prices. You may not like what I have to say but I am first and foremost a realist. You are free to state your opinion but my posts are in an attempt to guide you to suggesting features and changes which will likely occur and changes to how the AH works or the inclusion of most drops being tradable on the auction house isn't something I think will change.

I've been around the block here and have read a lot of feedback from all three development stages. There's a few things which have been requested in all of them. If they haven't been changed yet it is probably better to find different compromises so while you might not like that I am simply the unofficial messenger, not the decision maker.

*And no matter what I say it is not official. Just merely an experienced view point.*
  • aewanoaewano Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally would say they need to remove the dungeon delve event and bring it down to say a small 3%-5% chance for the epic drop on every run through, throughout the day. This would mean that:
    A) people actually have a reason to play through the day or whatever time they get on at.
    B) making dungeons actually worth doing at any time of the day which well see things being more active.
    C) Keep players playing, which is what they want really, no point in them having players that dont play since then they dont get any chance to make money. Right now few people bother to log on and play once at 60 unless it a dungeon delve going on. Only those that spend their day at the auction, or those who love pvp. Plus the odd person here and there well be on at any time other than a dungeon delve to play the game.
    edited June 2013

I don't think anything would need to be changed, overall people would be poorer and prices would go down except on items with a set price that are usually very interesting (like the cat pet). That could even be beneficial to Cryptic because right now buying diamonds with real money is a joke, you get 200K AD for 6$ which seems like a very small amount for that price. If diamonds were harder to get, that would raise the interest of putting real money into the game.
    edited June 2013

That's not something which is likely going to change, sorry to say, and it's clear that using the AH was part of the plan in balancing some of the AD prices. You may not like what I have to say but I am first and foremost a realist. You are free to state your opinion but my posts are in an attempt to guide you to suggesting features and changes which will likely occur and changes to how the AH works or the inclusion of most drops being tradable on the auction house isn't something I think will change.

I've been around the block here and have read a lot of feedback from all three development stages. There's a few things which have been requested in all of them. If they haven't been changed yet it is probably better to find different compromises so while you might not like that I am simply the unofficial messenger, not the decision maker.

*And no matter what I say it is not official. Just merely an experienced view point.*

I know this will never change. I was just answering your question what would i do. If AD would not even exist it would be much more simple and if things are simple less problems can occure. No other MMO i know and know many have this ,,third currency" (I know i am saying ,,Other MMOs" too often but be honest...All of them has same system for reason. Becouse it works..)
    Problem is PWE just do not want people to obain Zen directly by playing games. And becouse of it we have probems like ,,...functionallity of the AD Value...."