test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

They're not just going AFK for gear.....(THIS IS TO YOU, CRYPTIC. WAKE UP)

13»

Comments

• Options
    kneehighsyaaaakneehighsyaaaa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does going afk in pvp actually level you up faster than grinding quests?
    Gza the Genius - Elf Guardian Fighter
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Does going afk in pvp actually level you up faster than grinding quests?

no, but some players tend to just afk or careless what happens inside pvp, they only care for the daily PVP quest and glory hunt... although it give some exp when u kill some1...
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah you're right people literally making AFK groups is better

well not everyone is fantastic at PvP. Many games result in losses for the player who just pugs it all the time and doesn't have a team. But even that player can earn at least 1200 to 1500 points if they try (hence why I agree XP should be tied to point total). Take that away and a large portion of your community is ticked off. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that.

Altering rewards so that XP is tied to point gain forces players to actually participate in a match if they want anything out of said match (especially if they make gear BoA as well).

This is called making AFK "not worth it."

So there you go. I've educated you. Smart-A$$
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rengetsu08 wrote: »
    no, but some players tend to just afk or careless what happens inside pvp, they only care for the daily PVP quest and glory hunt... although it give some exp when u kill some1...

it's why people recruit teams of AFKers. If they all do it, a 20 minute match becomes a five minute match. It happened to me once.

I got 2500+ XP from the match and 10 glory and I WASN'T AFK so that tells you right there how terribly flawed their system is (with the XP gain, not the glory. Didn't do enough to get more than 10 glory cuz there was nooone to kill lol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    star wars implemented sometime back the badges. If you did not get atleast 1 badge you didn't get any points. The losing team was giving a much lower reward than the winning team. Also people in the spawn areas for too long a period get removed. Nevermind just afk'ers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lisnari wrote: »
    Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Hello Everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tomorrow, 05/15/13, at 7 a.m. Pacific. We anticipate that the maintenance will take two hours. Once the maintenance begins, we'll keep you in the loop on progress!

We will be deploying a host of critical updates in this build, including:

-A fix for a bug that allowed Guardian Fighters to inflict significantly more damage than intended under certain circumstances (this is not a balance change - this is related to a very specific circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly)
    -A change that will prevent certain bosses from being defeated multiple times
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

For details about any additional changes that will be occurring in the upcoming build, please keep an eye out for the Patch Notes.

Thank you to the players who have reported the above issues and provided us with the details needed to resolve them. Some players have posted feedback that the above issues may have had an effect on the game's economy. This is something that we take very seriously. In addition to the above fixes, we have a team actively working to ensure that these issues are looked into and addressed to the best of our ability. As a reminder, please keep in mind that attempting to exploit the game in any way can lead to actions taken against the account, up to and including permanent account closure.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We've collected a ton of great feedback during the Neverwinter open beta, and have made several major improvements as a direct result of the many constructive comments we've received. We hope to continue this trend, so please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts with us!

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team

I gotta be honest, I saw that and thought to myself "That tells me absolutely NOTHING." lol

I haven't played yet today myself and I plan on testing this fix for myself cuz those patch notes are horribly vague.

How does it know a player is AFK for example?

Does it prevent a player from simply moving his mouse a tad bit during a match? How will it know then? Things like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove all xp and loot from pvp..Make it for fun only, then only players who are having fun will do it. Seriously, is it required that you get more reward than enjoyment from every single thing you do in game.

I don't want to be punished for a bunch of idiots. I enjoy window shopping the PvP gear thinking "one day .. just one day"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I DEMAND THIS! I DEMAND THAT!

as if anyone who matters, cares

ironically enough you cared enough to post here.........so I guess you don't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    I don't want to be punished for a bunch of idiots. I enjoy window shopping the PvP gear thinking "one day .. just one day"

At this point it's actually really easy to get.
    I'm level 28 on my toon with 2200 glory. Your average PvP piece costs between 3k and 5k plus change. I plan on having a full set by the time I hit 60 and then I can use it to run epics.

The biggest diff between pvp gear and pve gear are the set bonuses anyway. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I gotta be honest, I saw that and thought to myself "That tells me absolutely NOTHING." lol

I haven't played yet today myself and I plan on testing this fix for myself cuz those patch notes are horribly vague.

How does it know a player is AFK for example?

Does it prevent a player from simply moving his mouse a tad bit during a match? How will it know then? Things like that.

Doesn't do anything at all near as I can tell. Lost 2 people from my team mid match, alt tabbed for a few minutes, came back and didn't see anything besides a match that was still 3v5 and pointless.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.