test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

They're not just going AFK for gear.....(THIS IS TO YOU, CRYPTIC. WAKE UP)

oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I saw 3 different groups looking for more people to go AFK in PvP.

They were advertising in chat in Protector's enclave.

So I messaged one of them with my disgust and inquired as to why he was doing what he was doing.

He said he already has a 60 and just doesn't want to go through the leveling process again and wants this current toon to hit max as fast as possible.

The way to do that is to assemble a group of five to go AFK in pvp so a typical 20 min match takes 5 min. Then they do it over and over and over......

I appreciate the flat experience gain that pvp provides but i'm all for either eliminating it or stifling it a tad (cuz right now it's worth about 2 maybe 3 completed quests). Combine this with making pvp gear BoA and AFKers will disappear.

But this is friggin ridiculous right now.

I DEMAND some sort of developer response be it in this thread or a blog post or a twatter announcement or however you want to do it but I DEMAND something.

I'm overreacting here because I don't overreact when it actually happens (as it is just a game) but I fully enjoy PvP and there are issues that NEED to be addressed.

WHAT ARE YOUr PLANS?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by oreoz2573 on

Comments

• sithepssitheps Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had an other interesting experience, if an AFK player gets teamleader he/she will often KICK EVERYONE in the team. Maybe this is so no one can report them or something I do not know. But kick should be VOTE based. NOT give all power to RANDOM.

One plausable solution would be taht players that dont mvoe for 2-3min get a warning if they dont leave spawn they get kicked or something. and get a debuff so they cant join any more pvp for an houer or something.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a fundamental, basic error when PvP grants xp. Remove that, problem solved (for the most part)
    edited May 2013
    No dont do that, the pvp xp is one of the favorite aspects of this game!
    I love pvp and love lvling with it. Would feel abit sad if they removed that : /
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, the problem is that it's more rewarding to have short games rather than long games.

It needs to give xp/glory based on the time spent in there.

Worst case scenario is all 10 people decide to just afk and let the match drag on for an hour or something.

But they could also make it based on points you've gained.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sitheps wrote: »
    Maybe this is so no one can report them or something I do not know. But kick should be VOTE based. NOT give all power to RANDOM.

Yeah, a vote kick would be helpful, especially in dungeons. I queued and got in a dungeon, and then watched the leader kick anyone who joined who wasn't a healer. A good dozen were kicked before i quit out of knowing they would wipe either way (one had the rank 15 healer out, in a t2 dungeon).

One fix for the afk group would be not letting more than two people join a pvp as a group, It would also prevent premades from going up against pugs which is also annoying. If you try to queue as more than that, you only go against other premade groups. Seems like good fix to me.
    Worst case scenario is all 10 people decide to just afk and let the match drag on for an hour or something.

lol, can that actually happen?? I'd love to see that, just because it would be really funny to see. Although all it would take is one non-afker to cap all nodes then.
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sitheps wrote: »
    I had an other interesting experience, if an AFK player gets teamleader he/she will often KICK EVERYONE in the team. Maybe this is so no one can report them or something I do not know. But kick should be VOTE based. NOT give all power to RANDOM.

One plausable solution would be taht players that dont mvoe for 2-3min get a warning if they dont leave spawn they get kicked or something. and get a debuff so they cant join any more pvp for an houer or something.

I would imagine it has nothing to do with reporting and everything to do with 4 of them TRYING to play and prolonging the match. If you kick them instead, it guarantees a short match.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    It's a fundamental, basic error when PvP grants xp. Remove that, problem solved (for the most part)

it would be better to make the xp gain no better or worse than xp gain in other areas of the game. Make it a viable alternative rather than the end all be all it is now. Combine that with making PvP gear BoA and it will take work to actually AFK level in PvP, enough to the point where people won't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hah OP is demanding something from Cryptic/PWE. They barely answer any polite requests, good luck with your rage post.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove all xp and loot from pvp..Make it for fun only, then only players who are having fun will do it. Seriously, is it required that you get more reward than enjoyment from every single thing you do in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013
    Remove all xp and loot from pvp..Make it for fun only, then only players who are having fun will do it. Seriously, is it required that you get more reward than enjoyment from every single thing you do in game.

Those 7 people are going to have some long *** queues.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Those 7 people are going to have some long *** queues.

Ok, so no one really wants pvp for fun? remove it totally then and they can go play a pvp focused game with better pvp..In any case we will not get into the cycle of balancing issues we see in most pve games that tac on some pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so no one really wants pvp for fun? remove it totally then and they can go play a pvp focused game with better pvp..In any case we will not get into the cycle of balancing issues we see in most pve games that tac on some pvp.

Personally, I'm marginally interested in seeing what the title is for 500 pvp kills but that's about it. I think I have another 300 kills to go :D NW pvp is buggy, horribly balanced, rife with abuse, and bereft of any long term achievements at the moment. There are no leagues, ranks, or even gear pieces that require more then an hour to get. There is no rep in NW, no pvp stats, and only 2 maps.

PWE/Cryptic don't make a convincing display of wanting NW pvp to be serious atm. So no one really seems to treat it that way.
  • phalcon554phalcon554 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I'm marginally interested in seeing what the title is for 500 pvp kills but that's about it. I think I have another 300 kills to go :D NW pvp is buggy, horribly balanced, rife with abuse, and bereft of any long term achievements at the moment. There are no leagues, ranks, or even gear pieces that require more then an hour to get. There is no rep in NW, no pvp stats, and only 2 maps.

PWE/Cryptic don't make a convincing display of wanting NW pvp to be serious atm. So no one really seems to treat it that way.

Your right the PVP is flat out horrible as it stands now, they need to just pull it out untill either they totally redo it or just keep it gone. Classes in PVP are a mess, worse then I have ever seen. Feels like they felt they had to add it in and this is what you get. I PVP all day Sunday just for the gear and right now thats the only reason to PVP at all.
  • ufgtufgt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    XP gain should be based on score, not time spent. At least people will try to play the objectives.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why in the wide, wide world of sports would you get exp just for being in a pvp match, just for showing up? Do I get exp for showing up to a foundry quest? Do I get exp for just arriving in the zone? It seems I actually have to engage some mobs to get exp. I actually have to win to get exp. Not so much in pvp though. How odd. Can you imagine those meetings?

…and so the dragon says, a candle about this high, hahaha.
    Ahh hilarious Johnson, anything else?
    Yeah actually abut the pvp system…
    Hey, before we talk about that lets talk about that logo, bang up job there ummm…art people, way to go.
    About the pvp system…
    Say Johnson do you want a bagel or a donut?
    Ahh no sir.
    Excellent meeting gents, have a good weekend!
    But the pvp system…
    Plenty of time Johnson, plenty of time. Hey good luck on open beta Monday. Lets make some money gents.

It really smells like something not done rather than something done with malice aforethought, a sin of omission. No one thought of it and in the torrent of other things it just got overlooked. Sure maybe a few people understood what might happen but corporations work with just this sort of glacial unaffected pace.

Just imagine how fun it is going to be once they change the system to support gaining glory by actually killing the other players and winning the objectives instead of hanging around counting thumbs. The pre-mades smashing their way through computer assigned pugs, guardians and great weaponeers crying in the snow beside their defense points; wizards hiding in the woods and clerics making mud angels with footprints all down their chainmail. Those are going to be the days to remember.

So be assured that the devs know what is going on, be assured that you are not going unheard and action will be taken to make the pvp system more competitive.

And when that happens remember also…

You asked for it.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    But they could also make it based on points you've gained.

This would solve the problem. People would actually have to try.
    edited May 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    This would solve the problem. People would actually have to try.

Lol? People would make teams to trade nodes and level even faster. Try again.
    edited May 2013
    Xp based on performance would be an interesting idea, but I fear casual PvPers would get shunned : /
    Prehaps if the performance per say is not necessary relient on a typical highscore system, maybe if it were just a sort of "Good effort" system you know? Overall team performance is translated into rewards etc or something.
  • ryuhayubusaryuhayubusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    compiled a list of afk pvp people in a clear "exploit" of the game and TOS.
    These are from the dragon server.

MYZU
    MONL
    WEIRONI
    Bilbo Swaggins
    TZOD
    Taeya Sunseeker
    Imperius
    Lucra
    Lillsnorre

More to come
    edited May 2013
    compiled a list of afk pvp people in a clear "exploit" of the game and TOS.
    These are from the dragon server.

MYZU
    MONL
    WEIRONI
    Bilbo Swaggins
    TZOD
    Taeya Sunseeker
    Imperius
    Lucra
    Lillsnorre

More to come

Your name and shame post was made at 2:37. Let's see how long it takes a mod to find.
  • ryuhayubusaryuhayubusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know how bad it is on other servers. But, this was taken from "Zone" chat in less than an hours time of people shouting for more members in their "afk pvp" or "afk bgs" party

Alkalin
    NECRO DAMOS
    Astral
    Ithreal
    Qixi
    Wuzzabuzza
    Fake
    Aderbal

If getting xp while afk was "ok" and "completely acceptable" by the TOS they would start us at 60.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or give rewards by killing or domination so afk player wont get anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

Not really.
    Just tie exp earned to total score.
    0 points, 0 exp.
    I am adding to my ignore list(after reporting spam) people every 15-20 seconds. Its pathetic.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hah OP is demanding something from Cryptic/PWE. They barely answer any polite requests, good luck with your rage post.

Not raging. Annoyed. Caps were used to garner attention.

Put enough pressure on and something will happen. Not sure what, but i'm diggin the fact that people are just flat out posting names now.

I say keep that up. Best know who who to kick when the opportunity arises than wait for a dev who (potentially) has nothing to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    There are some AFKer I encountered too, there are some that even suggested me to AFK with them, but on more than one occasion I convinced a few to at least have some fun killing. Now I love the reward we get at the moment, because I hate doing quests and as a cleric I go through them really slowly because of my terrible DPS, now a few matches of PVP I can skip a whole zone, and go straight to the dungeon, take that away, I will lose one of the most enjoyable things in this game.

Don't listen to him Cryptic, you have a good system, you just need to kick players after 2 minutes of sitting at the campfire, and make use of the ranking in the end, for higher damage/more nodes captured/higher kill count/hp healed etc you get extra glory or XP, otherwise just give a lower baseline XP (20% of what it is now) and only reward the full amount to the players that actually have participated in the game in some way, judged by all those things I described above and perhaps more.

There are a lot of selfish players, including the OP, all they think is about themselves. Don't listen to them.
    edited May 2013
    There are some AFKer I encountered too, there are some that even suggested me to AFK with them, but on more than one occasion I convinced a few to at least have some fun killing. Now I love the reward we get at the moment, because I hate doing quests and as a cleric I go through them really slowly because of my terrible DPS, now a few matches of PVP I can skip a whole zone, and go straight to the dungeon, take that away, I will lose one of the most enjoyable things in this game.

Don't listen to him Cryptic, you have a good system, you just need to kick players after 2 minutes of sitting at the campfire, and make use of the ranking in the end, for higher damage/more nodes captured/higher kill count/hp healed etc you get extra glory or XP, otherwise just give a lower baseline XP (20% of what it is now) and only reward the full amount to the players that actually have participated in the game in some way, judged by all those things I described above and perhaps more.

There are a lot of selfish players, including the OP, all they think is about themselves. Don't listen to them.

you call me selfish yet you suggest the same solution I did (curb the XP gain for a match). Not to mention AFKers are actually sitting at their computer and need only wiggle the mouse every minute or so to prevent getting booted out of game per your silly little suggestion.

idiot.

Also, making PvP gear BoA isn't selfish. It would actually require players to work for that gear rather than buy it from the AH from players who DERP went AFK in every pvp match they were in so they could put said gear in the AH in the first place. That's the OTHER reason we have AFKers in PvP aside from the flat experience gain.

Selfish my behind.

You clearly have no understanding of what it even means to be selfish let alone an understanding of what's actually making people aggravated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murgin1murgin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or give rewards by killing or domination so afk player wont get anything

Based on this idea. Perhaps only grant glory/XP if your team gains a minimum capture score like 200-400. Pure AFKers get nothing but even an outmatched group would get the benefits of a match.
    "Saving you or slaying them."
    edited May 2013
    The real solution I saw was to tie XP to point gain.

The average I tend to see is somewhere around 1500 to 2000 which is reasonable experience gain.

Combine that with BoA gear and AFKers disappear and those of you who like leveling through pvp still can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The issue of afkers should be addressed through better systems to kick/penalize afkers not turning down xp.
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    The issue of afkers should be addressed through better systems to kick/penalize afkers not turning down xp.

I'm not promoting anything except an end to AFKers. I could care less if we get XP or not in PvP. Some of you are reading into my post a little TOO much and that's alright.

You can't penalize a person for going AFK in all reality since it's that player's decision at home to just up and leave. Sure if you kick em they lose out on XP and glory but either,

A) you're 4 manning it now

or

B) if you don't kick, then that person's still gonna be AFK so you're still 4 manning it.

Automated kick won't work either since all they have to do to prevent it is wiggle the mouse.

So all you can do as a dev is make it not worth it.

Tying XP to point gain would not be worth it because they'd actually have to up and participate. Everyone wins there. Those of you who enjoy leveling through pvp still can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]