test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You can just farm for 3650 days and you can still get it

13»

Comments

• leo2fishleo2fish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Games without the pay2win model is based off convenience. NWO allows you to save alot of time and effort by buying your way to the top tier PVE. Whether this time and effort is considered convenience or clear advantage to WIN (being first to clear top tier PVE) is completely subjective.

With that said, being first to kill a boss no one else can and to clear a dungeon 100% before anyone else is considered WINNING as that's the term traditionally believed for ever since "World First kill" and blah blah existed in MMOs.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Do I need to quote all your comments voicing your opinion? Just because you've said your peace on the topic doesn't mean other people are done. But voicing your opinion THEN pulling the mod card just makes it seem like you're afraid they may consider changes to the game that you won't like.
  • bcwhiteh12bcwhiteh12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also go in and farm a few days with skill and a well coordinated team to get it as well. That is, if this is about gear. If its about mounts or bag space, then yes, its just easier to buy it, but certainly not pay to win.

Also....Pay to win means you HAVE to pay for a win. You cant continue the story or do content without buying it, thats pay to win. If there is high end gear you can buy with real money that CANNOT be obtained in the game BY ANY MEANS, that is pay 2 win. Getting gear without effort is not pay to win. Its lazy, but not pay 2 win.

Wrong... that's pay to PLAY. This is a Free 2 Play MMO, but you definitely cannot progress at the highest level without paying real life $$. That's the very definition of P2W
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Between professions & selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH I am averaging ~30-35k AD every day.

I know others are doing better than that.

Yes I have also spent money but I've made a ton on the AH as well.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    Do I need to quote all your comments voicing your opinion? Just because you've said your peace on the topic doesn't mean other people are done. But voicing your opinion THEN pulling the mod card just makes it seem like you're afraid they may consider changes to the game that you won't like.

I only recently discovered the updated post. Had I known ahead of time, I would have not posted in this thread at all. I would have watched it and laughed at everyone wanting to get banned. Thats why I stopped so abruptly. Trust me...I know whats pay 2 win and what isnt, but arguing about it will only get me banned now, unlike you, who seems determined to get banned.

And I doubt they will change the mechanics of this game, since every other game PWE and Cryptic own and run have similar systems.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is interesting that they've added criticism of the real money store to the list of banable offenses. Not sure that sends the right corporate message at the launch of a new title, but then again negative forum reaction is a thing too I suppose.

I don't really care about the money store that much, just gotta wait for a good AD/Zen conversion rate. It's been coming down for a few days, although not steadily. Nothings stopping me from saving up for a good dump-day.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    It is interesting that they've added criticism of the real money store to the list of banable offenses. Not sure that sends the right corporate message at the launch of a new title, but then again negative forum reaction is a thing too I suppose.

I don't really care about the money store that much, just gotta wait for a good AD/Zen conversion rate. It's been coming down for a few days, although not steadily. Nothings stopping me from saving up for a good dump-day.

I dont think they banned critisims, I think they just banned arguments on pay 2 win. You can still criticize the cash shop, just not call it a pay to win anymore, since that ignites the pay 2 win argument.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I only recently discovered the updated post. Had I known ahead of time, I would have not posted in this thread at all. I would have watched it and laughed at everyone wanting to get banned. Thats why I stopped so abruptly. Trust me...I know whats pay 2 win and what isnt, but arguing about it will only get me banned now, unlike you, who seems determined to get banned.

And I doubt they will change the mechanics of this game, since every other game PWE and Cryptic own and run have similar systems.
    If you've read my posts it's not even directly related to P2W, but I don't see a better thread topic to put it in. It's the fact that top tier gear can be ninja'd and sold, to either the people who run the auction house, or the people who convert Zen to AD. I had the same problem with EQ2 before it even went F2P, because you could buy your way to power with in game currency, and completely bypass having to earn anything. If you happen to know of a better thread where I can discuss that civilly I'm all ears. But as you can see I'm not really bashing the cash shop
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Thread closed pending review.
This discussion has been closed.