test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions Forum

stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I'd really like to see a suggestions forum here. The game is still in beta, so i suppose they are willing to take suggestions.

Please do support if you feel its necessary.

Thank you.
Post edited by stormysg on

Comments

• hust91hust91 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I definitely agree with this, and have a suggestion to help keep the community as nice and helpful as it is now.

If you wish to keep the nice and "clean" community, one of the simpler ways is to introduce a standard code of conduct of being generally helpful. It doesn't have to be wordy or anything like that, it can be generally abstract and let the community or individual GMs/Mods/Janitors decide on a case-by-case basis if action is needed and if that action is only a "please don't do behave like this" and an edit, a warning or a short ban - all help accountable by the staff and by the community itself.

Like being able to report someone for using blatant ad-hominems or being generally rude and offensive. If you do not have the manpower to review them, you can let the community do so. One way is to have reported chat messages or forum posts be repeated in a "Rate the post" kind of sticky on the forum or the "home page" in the game, where you offer small amounts of AD (like, 5-50) to the first, say 20 people, that rate the message as "okay", "rude", "spam" or "offensive" (for example).
    Punishments don't have to be harsh, they just have to make it clear that the behavior is not acceptable and nearly everyone thinks you're acting like a d*ck and you should rethink your attitude.

It won't stop dedicated trolls, but will do a lot for most other people (I'd also recommend looking up the Cracked article about how to fight online-trolls in communities).
    edited May 2013
    I'll just put a link here, since most of us are lazy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and making it just a click away greatly increases the chance you'll actually look it up. :P

http://www.cracked.com/article_16765_5-ways-to-stop-trolls-from-killing-internet.html
  • some1inatreesome1inatree Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please! I have a few suggestions that would be quite simple to implement, but know that if I post them in the General Discussion forum they'll be swamped and go unnoticed due to the excessive number of less constructive posts.
  • drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    with this community, the only way a suggestion forum would work is if all posts were flagged to not allow replies, then only allow a thumbs up or down vote to the suggestion.
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They say that devs read all the forums, although I haven't seen any of the great suggestions getting implemented.
    Go figure.
    edited May 2013
    drusillus wrote: »
    with this community, the only way a suggestion forum would work is if all posts were flagged to not allow replies, then only allow a thumbs up or down vote to the suggestion.
    We could just quote the suggestion we like with a "+1" or "-1" if they actually dislike it and have the OP (for example) post how many such "upvotes" and "downvotes" (kept track of individually) each suggestion has gotten every now and then.
    zefsgr wrote: »
    They say that devs read all the forums, although I haven't seen any of the great suggestions getting implemented.
    Go figure.
    We'll just have to keep bumpin' it, then.
    edited May 2013
    *Aforementioned necessary bump*
    I'm not the OP, but I'd like to suggest that you bring forth your own suggestions here to keep the thread on the first page.
    And because it's fun and we can work on refining them and spotting flaws.
  • evrobertsevroberts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played EQ2 when it first came out Thought it was great then it just changed too much, Tried WOW not a fan. Just finished playing LOTRO and was ok but got stale. I really think this is a good game in BETA no where near the issues I have seen in many other games in BETA or live. Stories are sound and have been a Neverwinter fan from the original game. I wanted to tell the developers great job on all they have done. One thing I would like to see is housing like in EQ2 had a nice house and decked it out with some really nice stuff I picked up by doing some great questlines like the electricfied bone blade and such. But I'm a fan and thanks again.
    edited May 2013
    evroberts wrote: »
    I played EQ2 when it first came out Thought it was great then it just changed too much, Tried WOW not a fan. Just finished playing LOTRO and was ok but got stale. I really think this is a good game in BETA no where near the issues I have seen in many other games in BETA or live. Stories are sound and have been a Neverwinter fan from the original game. I wanted to tell the developers great job on all they have done. One thing I would like to see is housing like in EQ2 had a nice house and decked it out with some really nice stuff I picked up by doing some great questlines like the electricfied bone blade and such. But I'm a fan and thanks again.

Player housing from quests, eh?
    Could probably be a good idea for the future, in the meantime you can probably create a foundry mission to use as a home of your own. (Seriously, foundry rocks)
  • pujimspujims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm up for a name filter.........
    edited May 2013
    pujims wrote: »
    I'm up for a name filter.........

How do you mean?
    edited May 2013
    Bumping just one last time - we need more suggestions, dammit!
  • hellrated69hellrated69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure whether this thread is still active.., But i think that there should be a "preview" option on items such as Fashion, Armor and Weapons on Auction Hall, so that we could try it on and see how they look on our character. I mean most like to change the appearance of the current armor and weapons they have, this would help such players to pick a good look.
This discussion has been closed.