test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So....Rogues were nerfed? I dont think so.

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
4gru4w.jpg

or click:
http://tinypic.com/r/4gru4w/5

You Devs really need to stop being cliched like every other MMO and actually balance this class. Keep their DPS and escape abilities but lower survivability. They are NOT balanced.
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• Options
    meecrochipmeecrochip Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wah wah wah, i got pwned by rogues.... waaaaaah!!! But seriously posting 1 SS of your failure is not an indicator of class balance at all. I can post SS's with every class at the top of the leaderboards. Since we're on the topic of OP, do you even know what it means?
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Wtf is this? 18/2? Wooaaaooww, rogues with a pocket healer gets those stats easy peasy
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    d4rkh4n wrote: »
    Wtf is this? 18/2? Wooaaaooww, rogues with a pocket healer gets those stats easy peasy

WTF is this?!?!? The pocket healer didnt help the GWF one bit??? Must be that Rogues are OP, not the healer that apparently could keep up all the Rogues but not one GWF? Yeah, that makes sense.
  • Options
    markkkkmarkkkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All babys cry about rogue they said but why only rogues?? why not clerics and all the clasess
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markkkk wrote: »
    All babys cry about rogue they said but why only rogues?? why not clerics and all the clasess

Because none of them play rogues at level 60. If they did, they'd stop crying about rogues and start crying about every class lol.
  • Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    All classes have OP skills bro, learn to deal with it.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry but that just stupid. i have a rogue and our dmg, def and esp RANGE dmg (melee class lol?) are all utterly stupid
  • Options
    meecrochipmeecrochip Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why has no one even mentioned CW's in this OP thread lol. If you're going to cry about a class being overpowered CW should be at the top of the list. I have a feeling that its not really them being OP so much as lack of DR. With a simple diminishing returns fix they will fall in line i think. Having that much dmg AND cc is pretty strong.
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »

Is this one screenshot supposed to prove something? Control Wizards get scores like that all the time, and they aren't even a primary DPS class.

Rogues are balanced fine. They accomplish their role in the group, as single target DPS. That is literally all they are good at. They don't tank, they don't have strong utility, they don't heal. All they can do in kill people, and they are working as intended.
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    WTF is this?!?!? The pocket healer didnt help the GWF one bit??? Must be that Rogues are OP, not the healer that apparently could keep up all the Rogues but not one GWF? Yeah, that makes sense.

QQ

10chars
  • Options
    pyrorik2pyrorik2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trickster rogues are good at 'stealing' kills. When enemies are at 10-20% they use Lashing Blade to get that kill, also cloud of steel is quite handy for that if they're running away. And when they get low on health they get a health potion.

It's just the kill and run tactic.
  • Options
    redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »

Rogues are balanced fine. They accomplish their role in the group, as single target DPS. That is literally all they are good at. They don't tank, they don't have strong utility, they don't heal. All they can do is kill people, and they are working as intended.

I have a rogue, and I found that to be hilarious. Our job truly IS to wipe the floor with things. And if we aren't good at that, we get mopped up ourselves. It's simply how things go. We're good in PVP because Rogues are literally designed, as this individual stated, to kill things.

Gotta watch out for 'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • Options
    mitzelpikmitzelpik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm completely unclear as to why people are complaining about rogues, have they never come across a CW? of the 9 other people in pvp, minimum 5 are control wizards, and i'll see 2 rogues tops. more than 50% of all pvp is just control wizards. do people really think thats coincidence?
  • Options
    mitzelpikmitzelpik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm completely unclear as to why people are complaining about rogues, have they never come across a CW? of the 9 other people in pvp, minimum 5 are control wizards, and i'll see 2 rogues tops. more than 50% of all pvp is just control wizards. do people really think thats coincidence?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Possibly because the difference between a good CW and a bad one is huge, whereas even an awful TR can still do a LOL-combo-burst-kill? People don't mind losing to a skillful player. However, they do detest losing to a class that can win a lot of encounters by simply keyboard-mashing.
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not even going to lie. I got crit for 33,000 and some change last night. My GWF only has 23,000 hp AND he wears mail... I don't even want to know how hard they crit control wizards.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think I'll make a CW as my new char since everybody is QQing about rogues even though CW is the real OP class if you know when to time your dodge vs rogues. Anyone getting shredded by rogues are just plain bad lmao. Oh boo boo idk the CD time of rogues hard hitters/stuns so idk when to dodge pls nerf them boo boo. Pathetic, lmao. You need to be able to predict situations aswell, if you can't then PvP is simply not for you.

P.S. I'm willing to bet that the poster above me did not even know which type of attack killed him (at-will, encounter or daily).
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I've only been playing for about 5 days and don't play a rogue, no I don't. But I'm guessing it was a daily.
  • Options
    keanexl21keanexl21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if u want to see op char go and see cleric on lvl 60 (but skilled)
  • Options
    notasinglefcknotasinglefck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4gru4w.jpg

or click:
    http://tinypic.com/r/4gru4w/5

You Devs really need to stop being cliched like every other MMO and actually balance this class. Keep their DPS and escape abilities but lower survivability. They are NOT balanced.

nice screenshot, but you are playing a CW (rogues should be your easiest match up) and managed to die 16 times.
    looks like you have no idea how to play your class.

the bigges problem with pvp right now is that there are too many bad people and TR is the best class to play against bads, if your are bad yourself.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    nice screenshot, but you are playing a CW (rogues should be your easiest match up) and managed to die 16 times.
    looks like you have no idea how to play your class.

the bigges problem with pvp right now is that there are too many bad people and TR is the best class to play against bads, if your are bad yourself.

Right on the nose mate, CWs give rogues plenty of trouble if they are well played.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One screenshot's hardly proof of anything. Gonna tell me to nerf clerics now?

PvP is fine. Stop complaining so much and take a few minutes to learn your class and how to counter others'. Good grief.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are rubbish, 2 shot any TR as a GF. Now if you said CW was op, I'd believe that. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    your proof that rogues weren't nerfed is a arena screenshot of them on top? LOL

scrub whiner. never post again.
  • Options
    pinoh1pinoh1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding me?Rogues are NOT that OP at all in PvP, seriously they do high dmg (ofc they do couse they r the damage dealer class here?!)

+ you think rogues op couse they got many kills? who will get last hits better a lets say 1k hitting tank or 5k+ rogue? yeah..but at the end it could be the tank and idk the cw did the main dmg on the enemy and the Rogue just last hitted it, but ofc the Rogue is op than jeez.

You have ever seen 2 Clerics with some decent gear?no? they r almost unkillable if they know what they do, if they r premade you will roll over your keyboard.

Please play the Class first before you just cry "op couse they got the most kills" + its not even who gets the most kills in neverwinter but w.e
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    wah wah wah, i got pwned by rogues.... waaaaaah!!!

This is OP! Nerf this! Jeez they're like ants. Someone get the Raid butthurt spray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    1778756-oh_look__its_this_thread_again.jpg
  • Options
    klownzeroklownzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went into a match against a premade team, 2 cleric's, 1 GWF, and 2 CW's, they steam rolled our 4 rogue's and a Cleric, and we were no scrub team, but suuuuuure, Nerf the rogue because you cannon play the ONE class that can trash a rogue's day. Dood, you being trash at PvP is not a call for balancing imo. If it's too hard, mebbe you could go play yourself a nicegame of candyland...
    When the shadow's embrace you, it is there you will find me.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klownzero wrote: »
    I went into a match against a premade team, 2 cleric's, 1 GWF, and 2 CW's, they steam rolled our 4 rogue's and a Cleric, and we were no scrub team, but suuuuuure, Nerf the rogue because you cannon play the ONE class that can trash a rogue's day. Dood, you being trash at PvP is not a call for balancing imo. If it's too hard, mebbe you could go play yourself a nicegame of candyland...

The fact that your team decided to field a 4TR team says a lot as to your real views on class balance.
    (The old saying about "Do as I do, not as I say" and all that....)

Even more ironic is that you are smarting from being out-cheesed by the other team using the 2 DC 2 CW combo.
  • Options
    jeordyjeordy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues = Strikers = DESIGNED to more DPS than any other class
    Wizards = Controllers = DESIGNED to give you a headache and swear at computer generated pixels
    GF = Defenders = DESIGNED to laugh at you as you take 10 years to kill them IF you kill them
    GWF = Hybrid ish = DESIGNED to take damage and hand you're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to you at the same time
    Clerics = DESIGNED to keep the party going

This is NOT a game with even balanced in the design philosophy, This is not a game that balances classes like other MMORPG.

If you don't like this style then leave because it WILL NOT change, just wait untill the ranged Warlock type Striker class comes out and destroys everything and people come to cry on the forum.