test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, When Are You Nerfing That Cleric Blue Shield Skill?

rayuken4rayuken4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Surely this isn't mean to be stacked with multiple clerics, you are removing the need for tanks with this skill if stacked. One version of it enough, but to have 2 clerics using it, they take close to zero damage.
Post edited by rayuken4 on

Comments

• jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this Pve related, because I have used the skill to make due when pugs dont give us a tank. I have been in parties where a rogue had to tank because It was me, a cleric, one other cleric, and 3 rogues. I like having the option for a few skill changes to make an impromptu tank if one is not provided.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When they nerf that rogue daily that can still one shot me in it we can talk.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume this is a PvP complaint, because I can't see why it's a problem for PvE.

I don't care if the skill is nerfed for PvP, but I have no interest in seeing its PvE effectiveness reduced.

Same goes for that horrid Rogue daily.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The games been out 16 ****ing days and you are already calling for nerfs? People like you are the reason Rift took a giant **** in 2 months. STFU and play the game, you dont like it...go outside, put a bucket on your head..and run into a tree for awhile, knock some sense into you.

/flip
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I assume this is a PvP complaint, because I can't see why it's a problem for PvE.

I don't care if the skill is nerfed for PvP, but I have no interest in seeing its PvE effectiveness reduced.

Same goes for that horrid Rogue daily.

It's a PvE concern because it invalidates the GF class
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time there's another tedious gripe on here it's because of some PvP combat wombat who is shedding tears because "some other class is OP". more often than not it's a different character class every time someone makes a thread.
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    Every time there's another tedious gripe on here it's because of some PvP combat wombat who is shedding tears because "some other class is OP". more often than not it's a different character class every time someone makes a thread.

Too bad OP said it was a PvE complaint, basically making the idea that a tank is useless when the cleric can make a tank from anyone.
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's why I hate PVP. Developers start tweaking things to make all the classes balanced and it messes up PVE and vice versa! PVP GO AWAY! They can nerf that when they fix our **** aggro problem! On second thought don't nerf anything ever!
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »

No no no. What invalidates the GF class is the idiots playing the GF. None of this whiny thread <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> holds any water. There are plenty of GF's and Clerics playing that are having the time of there lives and kicking *** at the class. Terrible players are flooding these forums. Thats the problem
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Terrible players are flooding these forums. Thats the problem

Trolls....I think you mean trolls are on the forums.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No no no. What invalidates the GF class is the idiots playing the GF. None of this whiny thread <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> holds any water. There are plenty of GF's and Clerics playing that are having the time of there lives and kicking *** at the class. Terrible players are flooding these forums. Thats the problem

Yes yes yes. People running t2s and castlenever are currently exploiting this and bring 2-3 clerics.

You can bring multiple clerics and have anyone tank because the damage mitigation on multiple shields is staggering. And since a cleric brings a lot more to a group than a GF (if the GF no longer is needed to tank) it makes the GF pointless.
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your GF will NEVER be like tanks in other mmo's where you can hold aggro on all mobs at the same time. You need to accept that. Also, calling for the Astral Shield to be nerfed, in pve, is rediculous. You are only reducing any party you join that has a DC in it, own abilities. You are basically asking them to nerf the healing provided by the only healing class in the game so your GF can try to tank in a way that it was never designed to do.

Astral Shield is also not the all powerful ability some players think it is. Since the game is based on avoiding the damage areas, you will find that some times it is not possible to simple stand in the circle as the red damage would still get past the defense/healing the circle provides. Also, most of the boss fights require movement, so being in a stationary cirlce all the time just isn't possible.

Once again, speaking as a DC, I think it's moronic that a GF would call for nerfs on a healers pve abilities.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Your GF will NEVER be like tanks in other mmo's where you can hold aggro on all mobs at the same time. You need to accept that. Also, calling for the Astral Shield to be nerfed, in pve, is rediculous. You are only reducing any party you join that has a DC in it, own abilities. You are basically asking them to nerf the healing provided by the only healing class in the game so your GF can try to tank in a way that it was never designed to do.

Astral Shield is also not the all powerful ability some players think it is. Since the game is based on avoiding the damage areas, you will find that some times it is not possible to simple stand in the circle as the red damage would still get past the defense/healing the circle provides. Also, most of the boss fights require movement, so being in a stationary cirlce all the time just isn't possible.

Once again, speaking as a DC, I think it's moronic that a GF would call for nerfs on a healers pve abilities.

Oh ffs, are you really that incompetent?

They don't want a single application of the astral shield reduced, they want the stacking aspect of bringing multiple clerics reduced. By stacking shields you can reduce damage to the point where a GF isn't actually needed to take hits.

If you aren't playing through the high end content, and you haven't experienced the effectiveness of this first hand, you really need to stuff a sock in it, because you're arguing through a position of biased ignorance.
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Trolls....I think you mean trolls are on the forums.

The moment this game went to open beta & the masses could enter the game, these forums turned from a place to actually discuss the game into a place to post whine threads.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because, of course, the LFG tool will always put you in a group with a tank.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    Oh ffs, are you really that incompetent?

They don't want a single application of the astral shield reduced, they want the stacking aspect of bringing multiple clerics reduced.

I can read, and yes I thought it was clear that I don't have a problem with stacking DC & their abilities. You should also look up the meaning of incompetent before you start branding other players with it.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
    edited May 2013
    Yes yes yes. People running t2s and castlenever are currently exploiting this and bring 2-3 clerics.

You can bring multiple clerics and have anyone tank because the damage mitigation on multiple shields is staggering. And since a cleric brings a lot more to a group than a GF (if the GF no longer is needed to tank) it makes the GF pointless.

Astral Shield is not an exploit. They are running 2-3 clerics because they cant figure out how to do it with just 1 cleric. Again, bad players, with bad ideas, learning to cope. Next thing you'll see is terrabad players having 5 man cleric teams do everything. I wish the admins would lock all these stupid nerf this nerf that buff this buff that threads. They have no place on forums 16 ****ing days after a game is still unofficially not even released. You ****s need to spend more time playing, and less time having your period all over the forums.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume it will be fixed (if indeed they're gonna fix it) once the LFD tool actually always queues you with 1 tank and 1 healer not 5 dps
    edited May 2013
    I can read, and yes I thought it was clear that I don't have a problem with stacking DC & their abilities. You should also look up the meaning of incompetent before you start branding other players with it.

You might want to rethink why a GF might have a problem with it then, and I'm quite clear on the meaning of incompetent... You continue to embody it.
    edited May 2013
    Astral Shield is not an exploit. They are running 2-3 clerics because they cant figure out how to do it with just 1 cleric. Again, bad players, with bad ideas, learning to cope. Next thing you'll see is terrabad players having 5 man cleric teams do everything. I wish the admins would lock all these stupid nerf this nerf that buff this buff that threads. They have no place on forums 16 ****ing days after a game is still unofficially not even released. You ****s need to spend more time playing, and less time having your period all over the forums.

Ohhhh, I see, so when you can exploit a mechanic to make things easier it doesn't need to be fixed. It just makes players "bad players".

This is seriously the argument your going with? GTFO with that weak nonsense.
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    I assume it will be fixed (if indeed they're gonna fix it) once the LFD tool actually always queues you with 1 tank and 1 healer not 5 dps

This is the only argument for it that has any weight
    edited May 2013
    You might want to rethink why a GF might have a problem with it then, and I'm quite clear on the meaning of incompetent... You continue to embody it.

GF's need to stop complaining & learn how their class is supposed to be played in this game instead of how they wish it is supposed to play.

You call me "incompetent" in the first place? Why? Because you assumed I miss-read the original post. That is not incompetency. Your assumption was wrong to begin with.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
    edited May 2013
    Ohhhh, I see, so when you can exploit a mechanic to make things easier it doesn't need to be fixed. It just makes players "bad players".

This is seriously the argument your going with? GTFO with that weak nonsense.

The bad players are the GF's whining on here.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
    edited May 2013
    GF's need to stop complaining & learn how their class is supposed to be played in this game instead of how they wish it is supposed to play.

You call me "incompetent" in the first place? Why? Because you assumed I miss-read the original post. That is not incompetency. Your assumption was wrong to begin with.

I play a TR, and your still too daft to figure out why you're an idiot. Has nothing to do with you misreading anything.

My group runs double cleric, double CW, 1 rogue. A tank only slows us down because our clerics and myself can tank just fine with double stacked seals.
    edited May 2013
    I play a TR, and your still too daft to figure out why you're an idiot. Has nothing to do with you misreading anything

"GTFO with that weak nonsense" is all I can say to that.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
    edited May 2013
    "GTFO with that weak nonsense" is all I can say to that.

I imagine, you lost this argument 10 minutes ago.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

no, poor encounter designs requiring you to have this level of dmg resistance on everyone to comfortably pass content that is supposed to be puggable is the issue.

threat and gf issues are only part of the problem.
    edited May 2013
    I imagine, you lost this argument 10 minutes ago.

No, it's a forum, you can't "win" here.
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    no, poor encounter designs requiring you to have this level of dmg resistance on everyone to comfortably pass content that is supposed to be puggable is the issue.

threat and gf issues are only part of the problem.

The puggability of content only a week into release is debatable. lots of stuff that was considered hard in some games at release becomes trivial within a month or so, and without balance adjustments. It's often just a matter f better gear, more experience, and adapted strategies.

I'm not in favor of continuing to allow the exploiting a mechanic just so people can comfortably pug content, especially when its leaving one class out in the cold and artificially propping the stacking of another up. Not that I blame people for doing so.
    edited May 2013
    Not that I blame people for doing so.

No, you just label them "incompetent", "ignorant" & "bad players". Ok...
    sig2dz.jpg
    |