test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This games community is very silent in dungeons, very weird.

2»

Comments

• ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have only been in two dungeons to this point, and in both of them as soon as the group loaded it was off to the races. The first one I looked to my left then back to the front and the entire party was already in the next room fighting, to late to say anything. That dungeon there was absolutely no deviation from the path what so ever, no exploration, nothing. On fight would be done then on to the next one, wasn't even a break to try and type anything. I couldn't see point in them even doing the dungeon if all they wanted a was a killfest, why didn't they just skirmish then? The second dungeon was almost the same way, although they did at least look around some. Again for most part the action was moving so quickly there just wasn't time to talk. I think most dungeon dives go that way, hence the reason for things being so quiet. I am definitely going to have find some people that don't mind taking their time in a dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    I've wondered if it's a language barrier, but I've run so many dungeons I doubt that the entire problem. I always try and say hi before we start and thank everyone when we are done, but almost never get a response. I think it's just an odd community right now.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rule 1: always turn voice chat off, and mute all players

Why? because some people dont know what push to talk is and you get the vader syndrome... and by god that is infuriating! But i've met plenty of folks are talkative but you are seeing the wow syndrome and its caused by the group finder. they just wanna get in get done, and dont wanna socialize at all, wanna rush, dont wanna explore... ect ect ect. Its pretty bad really...
  • startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've experienced mostly mute dungeons groups as well. Funny thing is I just keep talking. I find it hilarious that nobody ever responds. This game does seem to have a very quiet community. I would guess that it is mostly new players that are actively watching where and what they are doing in the dungeon crawl. As I level more, and people become more comfortable with the game, I expect more chatting. It is really strange right now how eerily quiet dungeon runs are.

Better than Defiance that has NO chat system....
  • tshark66tshark66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant type and run at the same time to keep up! :P
    League of Monster Slayers - Mindflayer
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    because i don't give two chits about chit chatting with randoms. you call it anti social i call it not giving a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Actually this is quite true. Sad but true. Nobody wants to talk to you. Nobody cares who you are. You are a minor inconvenience that is required so mr individual can has his stuffs. That's why nobody wants to chat. You are just a tool, a means to an end.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love to talk in dungeons! Although I can understand why people sometimes don't talk. I've never had anyone not respond to something I've said, but most of the time none of us talk. It's sometimes hard or inconvenient to type while killing things.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's because this game is so incredibly care bear that no talking is required to finish anything. At least not up to level 35 in my experience.

Did a skirmish earlier where two mages killed everything in the Helm instance. Just spammed constant KB's and holds, I literally sat back and watched on my GWF since nothing was grouped up for longer than a nanosecond and single target is LOL on GWF.

Kind of sad that skirmishes can be spectator events that can be soloed by at level characters.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • beldineubeldineu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One reason is the bug in /party chat channel. If you are in a non-full party when you join the dungeon, or were in a party at some point before joining and have kept the party channel active all the time without talking to /zone or other channels in between, it just doesn't work. Messages never go through.

Workaround is to switch to any other chat channel and then back to party channel, and you can talk again. Apparently, the game client remembers the last party you were in and tries to talk to that party instead of sending the messages to the current party that's doing the dungeon.

Weird and annoying.
  • silverfortesilverforte Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because I don't want to talk to you or anyone in this game unless they need help and I can possibly offer it. People on the internet are assh*les, which is their right, but I don't have to put up with it. I like doing dungeon content but I certainly don't want to talk to people who are more than likely going to insult me or say some stupid gamer sh*t like 'lol n0oB y u using that orb u get better one in X quest f*gg*t'.

That and there is no need to talk to anyone. Games these days are basically

Walk forward+Kill stuff/click stuff+loot stuff+turn quest in=all content
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think we can blame this on a "wierd community", In fact, I don't think I ever played a game where people actually did talk in pugs.
    It makes sence, too, I guess. people need to focuss on staying alive and there is little to chat about, many even turn of chat alltogether. Then we have the language barrier for european players + the aformentioned fact that many people seem to lack even the most basic social skills and maturity to write anything beyond flames and "trololololol".

In my experience, it will change during endgame, when the dungeons grow to be more challenging and people resort to zonechat and special channels to find groups rather then use Pugs. People need to display a medicorum of teamskills to form up that way and often exchange tactics for the tougher dungeons beforehand.

Of course, this only counts if there are tougher dungeons during endgame, that is.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!