test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Maintenance Complaints

124»

Comments

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    amazing how kids today dont understand the term 'BETA' - it clearly refers to the game not being done and it is being opened up to find and squash thew bugs. There is NO game out there today which does not have bugs, you are talking hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

stop being a baby and go take a nap for 3 hours, its clearly not the end of the world you cant play. The world will still turn I promise you ....

Sounds like you are the kid. Open Beta in F2P games nowadays basically means "release"
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah ok, well that clears up the first aspect. You don't know what subsidiarity means. You simply misused the word.

It's certainly your business to report bugs. They have a process for that don't they? It's been going a while.

It's not your business to tell others how to behave on the forums. Now, I'm not telling you how you ought to behave, I'm merely suggesting that you consider leaving other people alone to do as they choose. I suggest that you'd have all manner of tantrums if we started to demand you change your sycophantic behaviour, right?

Stop trying to appear educated. You are getting yourself into comical knottery :) ( that's not a word, no need to look it up )
    He's here for the same reason everyone else is, because the game is down.

To whine one way or another, trolls trolling other trolls. Post history shows you've whined about this game plenty in the past. Heck even your signature topic is a set of complaints and troll responses. I guess you just needed more attention than usual so you decided to go against the tide on this one, SO BRAVE.

hehehe i found these very amusing xD and so true :P

but op is just stupid, he got neither education nor logic to back him up... simply just trolling to troll... in a bad way... which reminds me.. trolls should have their head removed (they dont use it for anything good anyway), they created a bad enviroment for every one ^^

edit: wee servers seem to be up :D

ps: love the word "sycophantic" awesome word:P
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Sounds like you are the kid. Open Beta in F2P games nowadays basically means "release"
    But it's also a disclamer; Expect bugs and downtime ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Indeed it is, just as it's our responsibility to keep the forums tidy. Which, as you'll notice, was my point.

Yes you are, silly :P How am I sycophantic, exactly?

And how've you determined that I'm merely trying to appear educated? Is that through investigation or biased observations?

No. It's not your responsibility to "keep the forums tidy" or you would have been appointed a community moderator. It's your responsibility to manage your own behaviour within the parameters set out in the rules. No more than that.

Your persistent support for the game and your willingness to attack others who don't share your 'enthusiasm' for the game strikes me as sycophancy. It's an opinion. I again point out that I asked a hypothetical question. I did not make any accusation.

As for the last part? Well, observation is merely that. It is fact. It can't be biased. Time of observation bias is well known, circumstances can change around the observation but observed data is simply fact. Your use of language suggests that English is not your most familiar tongue or that you are trying to use words in a manner which makes you appear better acquainted with grammar and linguistics than you might actually be. It's awkward. Type as you would speak, it might make you appear less confrontational.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had mistakenly assumed that it had subsidiary for a base word, yes.

Indeed it is, just as it's our responsibility to keep the forums tidy. Which, as you'll notice, was my point.

Yes you are, silly :P How am I sycophantic, exactly?

And how've you determined that I'm merely trying to appear educated? Is that through investigation or biased observations?

There is a difference between being educated and being able to handle yourself as an adult. You may have one, but not both of these qualities. I'm sure being the educated man that you are, you can figure out which of the two you posses.

I understand that you feel the need to justify investing as much money as you have into this company, but 10 pages of you analyzing every derogatory post is a little sycophantic if you ask me.

You've made your point as to where you stand with the zen conundrum. Maybe it's time to let the thread die down so the next 2 can pop up.
    INB4, INB4
  • kavorkakavorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    are you that fcking stupid?
    when are you EVER FORCED!!!!! to spend money on anything? come on please tell me, when are you FORCED to spend money?

Wtf are you talking about??

For example, you are forced to pay money when you go shopping. The 'argument' it's your choice to go shopping in the first place is flawed since it's not free in the first place. This game is. They don't let you in the store and let you take what you want from the store. This game does. Because it's free. Get it?
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. It's not your responsibility to "keep the forums tidy" or you would have been appointed a community moderator. It's your responsibility to manage your own behaviour within the parameters set out in the rules. No more than that.

Your persistent support for the game and your willingness to attack others who don't share your 'enthusiasm' for the game strikes me as sycophancy. It's an opinion. I again point out that I asked a hypothetical question. I did not make any accusation.

As for the last part? Well, observation is merely that. It is fact. It can't be biased. Time of observation bias is well known, circumstances can change around the observation but observed data is simply fact. Your use of language suggests that English is not your most familiar tongue or that you are trying to use words in a manner which makes you appear better acquainted with grammar and linguistics than you might actually be. It's awkward. Type as you would speak, it might make you appear less confrontational.
    Your opinion on the matter has been noted.

The only "attacks" are directed at those that are being over-entitled and acting like children.

No, English is my first language, I merely choose to present myself in a consistent, semi-professional manner. This, as odd as it may be to you, is how I conduct my speech outside of close friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • elitexenoelitexeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are upgrading their hardware to make the game better for all of us, yet people whine and complain. Have some respect, and patience is a virtue. :D
  • jonas2405jonas2405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to Up this to the OP My familly is playing and my familly's friends are playing wich is aged 40 46 35 29 18 49 48 38 51.
    They complain aswell you call them kids aswell? Cuz in your opinion everyone that complain is a kid in your eyes. And your not better yourself. Beta is not stable i know. But if i payed those 200$ Would you say i would have the rights to complain apperently yea. Why do you think i would love the game to become P2P. CUZ Then i can go on the forums and say what i want without those defenders are comming along. I'd gladly pay for this game cuz i love it and it's awesome, But taking down the servers to take them down again after a little while is wrong in my eyes. Now you can say what'ever you wan't and we may never be right about it. So glad we have Different opinions on things!.
    edited May 2013
    elitexeno wrote: »
    They are upgrading their hardware to make the game better for all of us, yet people whine and complain. Have some respect, and patience is a virtue. :D
    Time for a new clap gif;
    slow-clap-gif.gif
    jonas2405 wrote: »
    Just to Up this to the OP My familly is playing and my familly's friends are playing wich is aged 40 46 35 29 18 49 48 38 51.
    They complain aswell you call them kids aswell? Cuz in your opinion everyone that complain is a kid in your eyes. And your not better yourself. Beta is not stable i know. But if i payed those 200$ Would you say i would have the rights to complain apperently yea. Why do you think i would love the game to become P2P. CUZ Then i can go on the forums and say what i want without those defenders are comming along. I'd gladly pay for this game cuz i love it and it's awesome, But taking down the servers to take them down again after a little while is wrong in my eyes. Now you can say what'ever you wan't and we may never be right about it. So glad we have Different opinions on things!.
    No, not everyone, only those that behave so entitled. Open Beta means "Bugs and Downtime should be expected". If you can't accept that, don't spend money on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krayzedonekrayzedone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kavorka wrote: »
    Wtf are you talking about??

For example, you are forced to pay money when you go shopping. The 'argument' it's your choice to go shopping in the first place is flawed since it's not free in the first place. This game is. They don't let you in the store and let you take what you want from the store. This game does. Because it's free. Get it?

The entire game ISN'T free, only some of it is. Stop acting like game developers can spend millions of dollars on a project and then somehow magically stay in business when they give EVERYTHING away. It CAN'T happe, you're smart enough to know that. Be happy with what you get for free and don't buy what you don't want to pay for. It's really quite simple!
    edited May 2013
    krayzedone wrote: »
    The entire game ISN'T free, only some of it is. Stop acting like game developers can spend millions of dollars on a project and then somehow magically stay in business when they give EVERYTHING away. It CAN'T happe, you're smart enough to know that. Be happy with what you get for free and don't buy what you don't want to pay for. It's really quite simple!
    No, the game is free - you can play the core game without paying anything - it's just that so many people consider the frills to be a part of the core game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time for a new clap gif;
    slow-clap-gif.gif

No, not everyone, only those that behave so entitled. Open Beta means "Bugs and Downtime should be expected". If you can't accept that, don't spend money on the game.

As much as I dislike you, and your petty argumentative tenancies, that's the most hilarious clap gif ever, even though dude clapping is lennox as a ***** in shottas.
    INB4, INB4
    edited May 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    As much as I dislike you, and your petty argumentative tenancies, that's the most hilarious clap gif ever, even though dude clapping is lennox as a ***** in shottas.

Looks more to me as the aftermath of game fanbois after a circle jerk :)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • kavorkakavorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krayzedone wrote: »

You can play the whole game for free? right? mounts and stuff like that is optional and is not needed to play the game. That make the game 'Free' for me. There is a big difference between items you want, and items you need. And most (if not all) stuff is available if you put down the time, right?
    edited May 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    I'll grow on you, kinda like a politician. There'll be things you hate and things that you don't, but, in the end, it depends on your perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resinresin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About 80hrs in. Love this game; however, it feels unprofessional.

They are replacing/adding network hardware. No hardware redundancy seems odd. Not properly net testing seems odd. I guess redundancy could fail too but it is unlikely. Software not the issue. Bugs will be bugs. Maintenance will be maintenance.

Do they virtualize servers?

Why even have a founder program? These programs are great for start-ups and a cash influx of working capital; but an international company who, according to their site, has doubled their revenues each year since 2008? (PWE's parent is publicly traded NASDAQ: PWRD) They have also purchaed Runic and Cryptic since then. You are not founding anything. Founder is a maybe just a poor word choice for deluxe edition when you can't buy a box?

All that being said, if you want to discuss your issues with downtime/bugs, General Discussion is probably not the best place to do it.

I do believe f2p have just as much right to discuss their issues as paid players. They are a huge chunk of the target market. The idea is to get all those f2p to spend money.I bet PWE wants to know what the f2p players are thinking. Just dont make 8 zillion posts about it.

Post sounded a tad harsh. This is an amazing game with good/smart people working on it. I recommend it to everyone whether or not you decide to spend money.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame really that people who don't understand what "beta-testing" means sometimes actually manage to give a company a bad rep. Especially when they form a horde and start foaming at the mouth, kinda like an invasion of angry babies.

here, have a go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Basically it means that beta-testers (us players) are using a system that is still being developed for that usage. It's part of the deal, you get benefit of playing the game (in a beta state) early, and they get to improve their product on the bugs you encounter and the stress you put on the system.

It's a win-win, as long as you know what "beta" means, and aren't an angry baby ;)
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jonas2405 wrote: »
    Ah what a nice idea. to take my thread and start a new one. Well congratz to you. Now do you want me to put everything i said in the other thread here? Listen to make a long story short

I'm not a paying customer but if these guys didn't got any feedback or suggestions at all their game would go down fast.
    I started the dungeon way before the maintenance started. I'm not acting like a child I'm telling them what is wrong.
    I still got my permissions to complain even though i haven't bought none from the game. I really like and enjoy the game. but really.

Entitlement and Irony going on all over it seems; no matter what side of the tracks ones on.
    ----

With that said OP, posting anything like this will only draw the very people that you loath to comment on it. (I don't mean that as telling you how to go about anything. Im just acknowledging that idiots can attack this as some kind of troll bait; but your just doing your part to be constructive.)

What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> world were living in now. We should all be very afraid of where this generation will be taking us...

The first reply to op is lol..

Beta is Beta... And unless your buying from the CS for one or a founder you have no right to Q at all.
    Even then, most people are buying to support the game and get perks while doing it.

OP is right 100% OB is the best time to catch things; its got the highest participation rate. Now a days games let down their requirements for getting into CB; most these people just want to play early rather then caring about fixing or finding anything.
    They run through the game looking for advantages and nitches and as soon as the feedback window pops up closes it.

OB means double the people that don't care; well obviously do in the Q department (and therefor not constructive to the game and a negative to the over all community over time...actually damaging the game.)
    But you also get double the people that DO care and help sort things out. Also x2 the many red areas can be picked up by either player type. The problem is the earlier types I spoke of will flame about it and spread it in a negative fashion like the plague and all those ADD people 2nd replier brought up will bite.
    Your sitting here playing X # of hours a day; while they are still mostly in the RW trying to figure out how to go about things.
    With so many people playing this game the amount of feedback alone must be epic. Its all easier said then done and they have already done amazing things lol... You Q types just prefer you get what you need fixed and ***** about anything else as beating around the bush. I have tons of issues myself; but no amount of Q is going to fix it... Other then letting them do their job and not getting all conspiracy or anti PWE saying they will destroy it. Give them their chance... its a great game with an insane amount of people playing it now; it only goes up from here if management continues to treat it like a diamond and not a cash cow deliberately.

Its only been a lil over a week lol...

Stop bringing your baggage to every OB and focus on constructive efforts.
    edited May 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    It's a shame really that people who don't understand what "beta-testing" means sometimes actually manage to give a company a bad rep. Especially when they form a horde and start foaming at the mouth, kinda like an invasion of angry babies.

here, have a go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Basically it means that beta-testers (us players) are using a system that is still being developed for that usage. It's part of the deal, you get benefit of playing the game (in a beta state) early, and they get to improve their product on the bugs you encounter and the stress you put on the system.

It's a win-win, as long as you know what "beta" means, and aren't an angry baby ;)

As someone who has beta tested for nearly 20 years and has been considered competent enough to have received a salary for doing so from 3 companies, I would like to think that i know exactly what the beta testing phase of a roll-out is. And that's why I know this isn't it. The game has launched. It's considered a soft launch but it has launched. The title they give it does not matter. 'beta' is not an excuse for unfinished and broken content. Well, it might be in a beta environment but throwing a game out there and saying "here, find our faults and pay us cash whilst you do so", is not the way beta testing works.

If PWI or Cryptic want anyone to seriously accept this as a beta they should refund all cash purchases, offer free respecs for evaluation purposes, offer free companions and wipe all data before a pre-determined launch date. That's what a beta test does.

This game is live whatever it's called and making excuses for faults by shouting that it's in beta does not help anyone, not you, not the developer. It's lazy and deceitful.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    As someone who has beta tested for nearly 20 years and has been considered competent enough to have received a salary for doing so from 3 companies, I would like to think that i know exactly what the beta testing phase of a roll-out is. And that's why I know this isn't it. The game has launched. It's considered a soft launch but it has launched. The title they give it does not matter. 'beta' is not an excuse for unfinished and broken content. Well, it might be in a beta environment but throwing a game out there and saying "here, find our faults and pay us cash whilst you do so", is not the way beta testing works.

If PWI or Cryptic want anyone to seriously accept this as a beta they should refund all cash purchases, offer free respecs for evaluation purposes, offer free companions and wipe all data before a pre-determined launch date. That's what a beta test does.

This game is live whatever it's called and making excuses for faults by shouting that it's in beta does not help anyone, not you, not the developer. It's lazy and deceitful.
    In that time, however, we've seen the evolution of the games industry, the MMO genre and the F2P business model. Nobody is being forced to pay - Those that paid did so voluntarily - there's just a vocal minority that have unrealistic expectations of what a game should be if they're paying for it, even if they're opting to pay for a free game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]