test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Maintenance Complaints

Comments

• erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qaero wrote: »
    You're using a product your don't own, nor have spent any money to even lease/use....but you think you have rights? Again, the level of entitlement is just amazing. Sadly this thought process doesn't stop at gamers, but is an unfortunate epidemic of entitlement that is spreading across the globe like a virus in all aspects of life.

i do agree on the epidemic :( its a sad sad thing which is created by the survival of the stupid which by all rights of evolution shouldnt have been allowed to multiply in such numbers...
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may not be a kid, but you're certainly acting childish.

Because calling people 'kids' is soooo mature.

Here, take this mirror.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may not be a kid, but you're certainly acting childish.

You gave them $200 for some blue words under your name, naturally you are going to fight hard for the company you've invested in.

That being said, this entire thread is just a troll/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flinging contest and should be locked.
    INB4, INB4
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Because calling people 'kids' is soooo mature.

Here, take this mirror.

Only kids use the "kid" insult to belittle others

And btw, its not beta, its just something plastered on to have as a conveniance when something goes wrong. Most F2P stays in open beta pretty much forever. It takes away alot of responsability.
  • boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen some hardcore fanbois in the past but **** you are going to a lot of trouble to defend that 200 bucks you spent. Calm down man it's just words on the interwebs. Let the qqers qq moar and chill out before servers are back up.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    Beta is a testing phase of any game, which means charging for anything is absurd, unless the game is already stable and they are adding content on the fly... Not what's happening here, the guy you've replied to is right, I'm sorry...
    Are you being forced to pay? No. Did I voluntarily pay knowing full-well what to expect from an OB title? Yes.
    one could also ask that you stop blindly and willingly defending every single aspect of this process that some others find unacceptable simply because you have sunk a load of cash into it and feel the need to justify that to yourself on a daily basis.
    Actually, I openly criticize PWE - try doing some searches - though I support Cryptic, regardless of their subsidiarity. Nice attempt at pseudo-psychology, but it's just that; an attempt. I understood what to expect when I threw my money at PWE and, while I have my complaints, I'm not unhappy about the "investment".
    Is complaining about maintenance worthwhile? No. Does it help some people vent their frustrations? Possibly. Is it your business? No.
    Does clogging up the forums with hundreds of posts about maintenance rage helpful? No. Does telling people to put-up-or-shut-up have the possibility of removing some nuisances? Yes.
    is it worth someone's time to point out that having an emergency down 30 minutes after a scheduled and planned maintenance means that somebody clearly screwed up in either the writing or testing of the patch code or the implementation of said code? Probably not, but it's human nature to point and laugh when someone screws up.
    Try reading the forum stickies and dev Twitter feeds. They got some new network hardware shortly after the last maintenance and decided to install it ASAP.
    Appointing yourself the moral arbiter of such matters is a much less worthwhile endeavour.
    See: your post.
    chabowbies wrote: »
    You gave them $200 for some blue words under your name, naturally you are going to fight hard for the company you've invested in.

That being said, this entire thread is just a troll/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flinging contest and should be locked.
    Says the monkey that flung <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at the other monkey that had money to spare, missing in desperation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you weren't so hungry for your cake, you'd take the time to consider the state of it before you gave your money for it.
    And this is WHY we have a law which ENTITLES us to get our money back if the state of it isn’t what they promised:
    You see where you are cornering yourself here? Since you are agreeing that its not in the state it should be for a released product: thereby whatever you have paid (also them calling it beta) would give you entitlement to refund it by digital law, duo to the product not being used (cant use a product which is not released, all you can do is beta test it which doesn’t have anything to do with the product you bought)
    But you don't buy this product. You can't pre-order something that you voluntarily pay for and then complain about it not meeting your expectations.

Did you donate? NO you PAID for a product, you PAID to get something, that something is the product you are paying for. Therefore this statement you just made makes absolutely no sense?
    And if it wasn’t voluntarily it would be in a completely other place of the law we should look so I don’t even get why you use that word its implied since else its rubbery/stealing which have nothing to do with this convo-.-
    You complain about a free game not being available when it suits you, as if its' meant to revolve around you. Pick one: Downtime to fix and improve things or an always-online service that never improves.
    No I complain about PAYING! For a product which isn’t delivered in the state you were promised, and actually I am complaining that if it is true that we assume this is a beta and that is why it’s not in a finished state THEN! I would be entitled to a full refund since I never used the product which I paid for since it haven’t been released yet which obviously would prevent me from ever using it, therefore the full refund is entitled by law for digital purchase of software or services.

edit: and actually for me its more that i paid 200€ and they made a system where in that apparently is not enought to be allowed full access to all features and cool stuff in the game on month 1 -.- (not talking lvl and stuff, but the obvious which is 100% ptw stuff that you can only acquire by paying rediculess sums, even after initially supporting with 200€, and that is what i am pissed about.... the extreme greed they have set out, the actual server dt is annoying as fck since i have time to play the whole day today, but its not what makes me really mad)
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    And this is WHY we have a law which ENTITLES us to get our money back if the state of it isn’t what they promised:
    You see where you are cornering yourself here? Since you are agreeing that its not in the state it should be for a released product: thereby whatever you have paid (also them calling it beta) would give you entitlement to refund it by digital law, duo to the product not being used (cant use a product which is not released, all you can do is beta test it which doesn’t have anything to do with the product you bought)

Did you donate? NO you PAID for a product, you PAID to get something, that something is the product you are paying for. Therefore this statement you just made makes absolutely no sense?
    And if it wasn’t voluntarily it would be in a completely other place of the law we should look so I don’t even get why you use that word its implied since else its rubbery/stealing which have nothing to do with this convo-.-

No I complain about PAYING! For a product which isn’t delivered in the state you were promised, and actually I am complaining that if it is true that we assume this is a beta and that is why it’s not in a finished state THEN! I would be entitled to a full refund since I never used the product which I paid for since it haven’t been released yet which obviously would prevent me from ever using it, therefore the full refund is entitled by law for digital purchase of software or services.

They promised this game in beta state, and in beta state is what you will get!
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »

STO forums were full of them. In fact before the game went f2p the forums ONLY had the lifetime purchasers all complaining in circular arguments about lack of content. ( they still do, but now they have a whole raft of freetards to abuse whilst they do it )
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, it's a free product that you voluntarily paid for. Take it to court; you'll get laughed out of the building.
    No, I donated. If you did anything other than that, then you spent money for the wrong reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    amazing how kids today dont understand the term 'BETA' - it clearly refers to the game not being done and it is being opened up to find and squash thew bugs.

I'll be 51 years old soon so I'm not a kid. I remember the earliest days of computer games and in those days, Beta NEVER charged for anything. It was a totally, utterly and completely free demo, since the game had plenty of bugs, balance issues, etc. So, if they want to start charging people for their game, then they need to stop using the word beta to defend everything.

I've got the patience to wait for the game to come up, but throwing the word beta around is not a valid defense.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im one of those proud Guardians that do complain, alot. That doesnt mean Im a whiny little kid, it just means I care alot for the game and I want all Neverwinters horrible things to be fixed.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • sufficien7sufficien7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to play qQ
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I'll be 51 years old soon so I'm not a kid. I remember the earliest days of computer games and in those days, Beta NEVER charged for anything. It was a totally, utterly and completely free demo, since the game had plenty of bugs, balance issues, etc. So, if they want to start charging people for their game, then they need to stop using the word beta to defend everything.

I've got the patience to wait for the game to come up, but throwing the word beta around is not a valid defense.
    For the umpteenth time; Are you being forced to spend money? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the over abundance of down time is a legitimate complaint, and one that Cryptic should address publicly, but it's also not the end of the world, or by any means a deal breaker as some of the more vocal complainers seem to think.

Right now, it seems that Cryptic might have underestimated the traffic for this game and what stress it's placing on their servers, these ARE things that should have been sorted out in closed beta and during the beta weekends, let's hope they can deal with it once and for all..... I'm not going to cry/complain/rage quit or anything like that, but I do find this constant down time extremely annoying.
    edited May 2013
    ..... though I support Cryptic, regardless of their subsidiarity.....

See: your post.

Wait what? Do you know what subsidiarity means? Are you suggesting that it's a concept adopted by Cryptic. Is it an ideation attributed to them? I'd be interested to see how that has been determined.

As for... "see your post" I simply asked some hypothetical questions and gave my opinion. And you want to berate me for comically suggesting that you stop doing exactly what you are demanding others stop doing.

It's not your business fella, just because you may once have received a plastic sheriff badge in your cereal it's no carte blanche to go around policing the internet. Let the moderators clean up their own mess. Mr Blue-Name need not concern himself.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    Again, it's a free product that you voluntarily paid for. Take it to court; you'll get laughed out of the building.
    you sir are as wrong as you can get (i am stunned at it actually).
    IT IS NOT FREE!!! you PAID!!! for a product (it will ALWAYS be voluntarily, please go look up this word in the dictionary becouse CLEARLY you think it means something more then it does, and its getting stupid to read you use it like a 3year old.)

ANY product you pay for is still a paid product NO MATTER what other perks you can get related to that product which might be free.
    No, I donated. If you did anything other than that, then you spent money for the wrong reason.
    again its NOT a donation when you are PROMISED a product, then its a purchase if you get the product directly or its a PREORDER if you get the finished product later..

seriously man what grade did you finish? i am amazed that basic terms like these is not well known to you?!
    its so basic knowledge that even a young child should have a good understanding of these difference's
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    @hipolipolopigus

Actually, I've already seen some of your "guild members" ranting all over the place, wanting it to be a pay to win since they've paid... Your argument is invalid
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
    edited May 2013
    Wait what? Do you know what subsidiarity means? Are you suggesting that it's a concept adopted by Cryptic. Is it an ideation attributed to them? I'd be interested to see how that has been determined.

As for... "see your post" I simply asked some hypothetical questions and gave my opinion. And you want to berate me for comically suggesting that you stop doing exactly what you are demanding others stop doing.

It's not your business fella, just because you may once have received a plastic sheriff badge in your cereal it's no carte blanche to go around policing the internet. Let the moderators clean up their own mess. Mr Blue-Name need not concern himself.
    Not at all. I despise PWE, but I do like Cryptic, in spite of them being a subsidiary of PWE.

Now, take that context and put my post and I in place of you and your post.

That's like saying it's not our business to report bugs - that it should be on PWE's QA staff. We have as much responsibility to the success and maintenance of the game and forums as much as Cryptic/PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    IT IS NOT FREE!!! you PAID!!! for a product (it will ALWAYS be voluntarily, please go look up this word in the dictionary becouse CLEARLY you think it means something more then it does, and its getting stupid to read you use it like a 3year old.)

ANY product you pay for is still a paid product NO MATTER what other perks you can get related to that product which might be free.

again its NOT a donation when you are PROMISED a product, then its a purchase if you get the product directly or its a PREORDER if you get the finished product later..

seriously man what grade did you finish? i am amazed that basic terms like these is not well known to you?!
    its so basic knowledge that even a young child should have a good understanding of these difference's
    I've played your game long enough, kiddy-troll. Back under the bridge from whence you came.
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    @hipolipolopigus

Actually, I've already seen some of your "guild members" ranting all over the place, wanting it to be a pay to win since they've paid... Your argument is invalid
    Some is not a majority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukassiuukassiu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the umpteenth time; Are you being forced to spend money? No.

So if you get company car that don't have breaks you shouldnt complain cos you got it for free ?

There allways will be complains...And for word "Beta"...If this was real beta there shouldent be any charges in game...Only "donate" button cos we freelly agree to inform about bugs,gliches etc. And noone is paying for our time and our help.
    Thats only my lil opinion.
    edited May 2013
    For the umpteenth time; Are you being forced to spend money? No. .

are you that fcking stupid?
    when are you EVER FORCED!!!!! to spend money on anything? come on please tell me, when are you FORCED to spend money?

it does not happend EVER!! in ANY civilised sociaty that you are FORCED!!! you can at ANY time say "no i don't wanna pay this" and simply stop using whatever thing that what the money should go for is offering "INCLUDING TAXES" homeless people do not pay TAXES! and you have the ability to simply say "i dont wanna pay tax, so i am becomming a homeless begger becouse then i dont have to pay tax" you are NOT FORCED to pay anything!...

so using this as an argument is a complete moronic, idiotic, out of this world far away argument which ... i can't even find words for how fcking stupid you most be to use THAT as an argument.... OMFG!
    I've played your game long enough, kiddy-troll. Back under the bridge from whence you came.
    Some is not a majority.

you are too stupid to have a basic argument and well thought out one.
    your ending is "i played your game long enough" when all you done is made your own grave and danced around in it while you have proven time and time again that you got NO idea wtf you are on about and are completely wrong in every answer you have given... its a complete joke to read your words and it infuriates me that people that fcking stupid are allowed to even breath in 2013...... which clearly shows on my writting now after trying to reason with you on an intellectual lvl for quite a while and just seeing you hit your head into a wall at every turn trying to make you come to a logical conclusion......
  • kavorkakavorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

what exactly did they promise that they didn't deliver? 100% uptime of servers with no maintaince downtime?
    edited May 2013
    ukassiu wrote: »
    So if you get company car that don't have breaks you shouldnt complain cos you got it for free ?

There allways will be complains...And for word "Beta"...If this was real beta there shouldent be any charges in game...Only "donate" button cos we freelly agree to inform about bugs,gliches etc. And noone is paying for our time and our help.
    Thats only my lil opinion.
    Bad analogy; the company car is still owned by the company and the onus to fix it is upon them, not you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Not at all. I despise PWE, but I do like Cryptic, in spite of them being a subsidiary of PWE.

Now, take that context and put my post and I in place of you and your post.

That's like saying it's not our business to report bugs - that it should be on PWE's QA staff. We have as much responsibility to the success and maintenance of the game and forums as much as Cryptic/PWE.

Ah ok, well that clears up the first aspect. You don't know what subsidiarity means. You simply misused the word.

It's certainly your business to report bugs. They have a process for that don't they? It's been going a while.

It's not your business to tell others how to behave on the forums. Now, I'm not telling you how you ought to behave, I'm merely suggesting that you consider leaving other people alone to do as they choose. I suggest that you'd have all manner of tantrums if we started to demand you change your sycophantic behaviour, right?

Stop trying to appear educated. You are getting yourself into comical knottery :) ( that's not a word, no need to look it up )
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • ukassiuukassiu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad analogy; the company car is still owned by the company and the onus to fix it is upon them, not you.

omg...and the game is owned by a company to and they to must fix that....And who analogy is bad?....Read with understanding
    edited May 2013
    Ah ok, well that clears up the first aspect. You don't know what subsidiarity means. You simply misused the word.

It's certainly your business to report bugs. They have a process for that don't they? It's been going a while.

It's not your business to tell others how to behave on the forums. Now, I'm not telling you how you ought to behave, I'm merely suggesting that you consider leaving other people alone to do as they choose. I suggest that you'd have all manner of tantrums if we started to demand you change your sycophantic behaviour, right?

Stop trying to appear educated. You are getting yourself into comical knottery :) ( that's not a word, no need to look it up )
    I had mistakenly assumed that it had subsidiary for a base word, yes.

Indeed it is, just as it's our responsibility to keep the forums tidy. Which, as you'll notice, was my point.

Yes you are, silly :P How am I sycophantic, exactly?

And how've you determined that I'm merely trying to appear educated? Is that through investigation or biased observations?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stephenowensstephenowens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He's here for the same reason everyone else is, because the game is down.

To whine one way or another, trolls trolling other trolls. Post history shows you've whined about this game plenty in the past. Heck even your signature topic is a set of complaints and troll responses. I guess you just needed more attention than usual so you decided to go against the tide on this one, SO BRAVE.
    edited May 2013
    ukassiu wrote: »
    omg...and the game is owned by a company to and they to must fix that....And who analogy is bad?....Read with understanding
    You clearly don't understand the point of my criticism of your analogy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    He's here for the same reason everyone else is, because the game is down.

To whine one way or another, trolls trolling other trolls. Post history shows you've whined about this game plenty in the past. Heck even your signature topic is a set of complaints and troll responses. I guess you just needed more attention than usual so you decided to go against the tide on this one, SO BRAVE.

A thread of legitimate complaints is a bad thing? Mkay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]