test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscription

surtur2surtur2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I wonder how many people would be into paying a sub for this game. I would totally do it for a few neat lil perks. Maybe some monthly zen, two more char slots. Just throwing some ideas around :D
Post edited by surtur2 on

Comments

• Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would pay 15$ a month for:
    500 zen to play with
    5x Enchanted Keys
    +10% for leveling
    1x Respec Token
    3x Random Dyes
  • Options
    theironmustachetheironmustache Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would pay $15 a month just to get rid of zen and diamonds completely and use a gold standard on everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would say that is is reasonable. The game has me hooked and adding that to it; oh boy my wife would hate me. hahahaha
  • Options
    xechostormxxechostormx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would pay $15 a month just to get rid of zen and diamonds completely and use a gold standard on everything.
    this sums it up perfectly for me.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started playing yesterday. It would depend on what perks were given, but I'd consider it if I get more than 2 character slots per server, & maybe a couple lockbox keys. But I already figure that on release, my WoW account is history.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    = sweet game for many years to come
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

NO! This would turn into gold spammer paradise . Or maybe you are a gold seller ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    NO! This would turn into gold spammer paradise . Or maybe you are a gold seller ?
    There has to be a way to stop / ban that from going on just not sure how.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE is making too much from enchanted keys to worry about any sub for 15$ per month.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

that would be the perfect game
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    phoebra369phoebra369 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive already had mail from an AD spammer in game..and I've only been palying for 3 days
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't subscribe. :P No disrespect to Cryptic though! I'm just done with subscription based MMORPGs. The reason why I much prefer F2P MMOs, GW2 and even D3 is because I can play it when I want and not worry that I paid for a whole months worth of subscription fees to play the game!

Many times I just wanna take a break from the game, and I'm just about to cancel my subscription, I realize that it just got renewed a few days ago or 1 week ago, and that really frustrates me.
  • Options
    hackerssuckhackerssuck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Love it when people try to rationalize why they like to play for free other than the simple fact that they want something for nothing.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

so you'll farm 800 k gold to buy a cat ? do you have any idea how much time you'll need to farm this with the new BoE crappy system in place?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    alwayszerohouralwayszerohour Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would love queue priority for dungeons etc.
  • Options
    austinkaneaustinkane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DC Universe online still has the monthly option, i would love to see that option for this game.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    500 zen to play with
    5x Enchanted Keys
    +10% for leveling
    1x Respec Token
    3x Random Dyes

It is looking like more and more swtor players are coming to nw because that is pretty much exactly what a tor sub gets you. I would pay a sub here also, but I refuse to pay a dime for anything from the zen store just as I refused to buy anything from swtors cartel market. But the free zen, free keys, increased xp, dyes....yes that would be quite worth $15 a month for me.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    They should do what many other MMOs have done. Have sub model alongside a f2p option. I can't see the harm in that. I've personally never seen a f2p model surpass a subscription model in quality of content. I think that's a reality publishers are still struggling to accept, but I think the end is near for the f2p philosophy. I think it can exist, but only paired with the subscription model. Why not have both?
  • Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would not subscribe after the way they dealt with the nightmares and sparks.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen this company screw over their customers again and again. Will never pay a dime for any of their shady business models. Only reason I stick around is because I'm in a great guild and I love D&D.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    They should do what many other MMOs have done. Have sub model alongside a f2p option. I can't see the harm in that. I've personally never seen a f2p model surpass a subscription model in quality of content. I think that's a reality publishers are still struggling to accept, but I think the end is near for the f2p philosophy. I think it can exist, but only paired with the subscription model. Why not have both?

Well if quality of content was as important as making a profit, you would see f2p paired with sub all the time. But the point is profit, not quality.

That being said, nw is a good example of an excellent game that is actually free. Single player or no, moving from plunking down $60. for an excellent 40 some odd hours of gaming vs paying nothing for an excellent 40 some hours of gaming is pretty **** sweet.
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If Sub:
    Patches faster
    More content being released quicker (Quests, Dungeons, Skirms, new Classes being pushed out
    Free Respeccing (At all times)
    Keep the Zen store but don't push crappy Companions/Mounts out every Month.
    Maybe a free complimentary Zen monthly say 500-1,000
    Take out the Astral Diamond Exchange.
    The Transmute and other items that costs lots of AD, needs to be reduced to -50% or so.
    The Refining of Rough Astral Diamonds needs to be upped daily to 50,000-100,000
    Oh... and Actual Class FIXES and not so many Nerfs.
    New PvP content and not that Gauntalgrym boring stuff.

If non sub, continue to watch the game die slowly. (Which is a shame since this game had tons of potential)
  • Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it was like wow with everything( epic mounts,charcter slots,companions etc) in game and only cosmetics in zen store then yes.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Neverwinter cannot handle a subscription based plan. There is simply not enough content to sell it and in all appearances, they devs are not aiming for a long-term experience, but rather a quick money grab. You can see it happening, there's more effort put in fluff than in quality control.

Every class has major bugs, leprechauns don't fix that.
  • Options
    jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is not enough content in its current state to justify a monthly sub. After a month or two people will have seen all the content and probably cancel the sub. The model they have now makes more money nickel and diming people than getting a few sub payments from them.

If they had more classes, some raids, more PvP modes and more zones to level in because after you level once its boring to do again then maybe you could justify a sub model. As the game sits now its just a lets see how many keys and companions we can sell to people before they quit.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    personally i favor subscriptions and get a full game without the whole limitations. in the end free2play costs you more if you want to enjoy it than a pure subscription game. for example fusing enchants. this mechanic is only in this way in this game to earn lots and lots of cash. in a subscription game this would maybe possible just normally with ingame items and skills.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh the conspiracy theorists are out in full force.

i don't think that any company would spend the time and effort it takes (not to mention blood, sweat and tears) to create such an awesome game. and then there is the continued maintenance, patches, development of new material, marketing, support, management... to be anything other than a long term venture would be a complete waste of resources. that being said, i doubt that any sub model was ever considered for neverwinter. i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that it has always intended to be f2p. a love letter from the devs to D&D fans everywhere.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    500 zen to play with
    5x Enchanted Keys
    +10% for leveling
    1x Respec Token
    3x Random Dyes

500 zen to play with = 500z
    5x Enchanted Keys =625z (at full rate)
    +10% for leveling
    1x Respec Token = 300z
    3x Random Dyes
    Total = 1425z

1500z = 15$ (with no bonus)
    basically you are asking for 3 dyes and 10% leveling for 75z.
    leveling bonus is pretty useless though as it is so easy to level, and the dyes, I have no idea how much those cost.
  • Options
    raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the reason's I started playing Neverwinter is the F2P model. I have never and will never pay for a subscription game. Things change too fast in the online gaming world and it's great to be able to jump from one game to another and pay for what you like.

There is no reason to be a slave to subscription games which you feel you must play all the time because you are paying monthly. No, don't listen to these P2P totalitarians, break the chains of subscription based games and be free!
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    surtur2 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people would be into paying a sub for this game. I would totally do it for a few neat lil perks. Maybe some monthly zen, two more char slots. Just throwing some ideas around :D

There is no way they would do this sub thing now. Would be a mistake should of done this from the start. One reason main reason there are to many exploits and bugs in the game. A sub game you expect more from then a f2p game system. Plus there are to many gold farmers to many botz that run this game right now.